✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Jul-08: San Jose - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [ORIGINAL DATE 7/24]

We should meet up on the day of the show =0) and then exchange pics afterwards.

Think i'd be able to sneak in something to record the show with? Thinking of getting a MD player/recorder just for this sole purpose...don't know if they still make those these days...but I bet the puny mic won't capture much besides the screaming fans haha

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also on the floor in section 3 row 38. But there are two sections of 3 according to the floor map, I really hope I'm in the first one! If not, oh well. The floor is bomb as hell.

Believe row 38 will be in the second section...but view is still gonna be awesome. I think the only sucky seats in the tank are on the upper level on the side of the stage..speakers block most of the view.

We should meet up on the sale of the show =0) and then exchange pics afterwards.

Think i'd be able to sneak in something to record the show with? Thinking of getting a MD player/recorder just for this sole purpose...don't know if they still make those these days...but I bet the puny mic won't capture much besides the screaming fans haha

ooh we should! that'd be fun :)

during the last tour, security seemed relatively easy (considering how many concert bootlegs and pics have popped up on the web). hopefully it'll be the same, or otherwise....hide it in your pants! :laugh3:

ooh we should! that'd be fun :)

during the last tour, security seemed relatively easy (considering how many concert bootlegs and pics have popped up on the web). hopefully it'll be the same, or otherwise....hide it in your pants! :laugh3:

:D:D:D:D

Who else is really familiar with downtown san jose besides me and guster? We should pick a spot to meet/grab a bite/whatever.

For everyone thats coming from outside of the bay area...do you have accommodation booked? have rides to the venue? Need any help/suggestions or anything?

how does the spaghetti factory sound?

i usually go there before shows at the tank, its in walking distance, and we can all park at the comerica building for 7 bucks as opposed the the arena which is 20

I'm good with Spaghetti factory, but we should prolly make a list of 3 or 4 places to eat/meet and let ppl vote. oh and I normally park on san pedro and st john...used to be free but now (judging from the last few sharks games and the kanye west concert) they charge $2 to park there. Its a few more blocks to walk though...but when you come out of the comerica building do you hit traffic driving towards the arena on santa clara?

Usually you get redirected around on almaden around the caltrain parking and to the right of dirdon

it takes a few minutes, but once you get on santa clara its a breeze

i live off of benton, so it's just a 5 minute drive down the alameda for me

Aw everyone deserves some compliments once in a while hey :D I've got Shakira on my brain at the moment; I listened to Laundry Service the other day and am all giddy about how lovely it is. And yes you do have a lovely voice also! :D

My wife and I are flying down from Portland. I was pretty upset that the entire northwest got the shaft during this leg of the tour, despite the sell-out love they had in Seattle and Portland for X&Y. It was even more difficult when it was slimmed down to one show in Northern California. Finding decent tickets wasn't easy.

Oh well, could be worse.

(First post here, by the way. Yay.)

i'm really hoping that having 2 openers wont lessen the length of coldplays set

i dont think there's a curfew for hp though, i saw matchbox 20 there a few months ago and they had two openers and still played a super long setlist

Coldplay

no video or audio recorders. No cameras

Comerica Bank Club 6:30pm

Restaurant 5:30pm

Arena Setup: 18-Jul-08

ShowTime: 7:30 PM

Doors Open: 6:30pm

Approx. Length:

Seating Chart $47.50-$97.50

On Sale: Sat. June 14, 2008 10am

Discounts:

Parking: $20

Picture Atlantic Opens for Coldplay @ HP Pavillion

Hey all,

We are so proud to announce, that we have won the Coldplay contest.

Thanks to all YOUR votes, and help promoting this contest, we are now opening for Coldplay at the HP Pavillion in San Jose.

We will see you all soon though, as we have a couple local shows coming up :)

Thank you all

-Picture Atlantic

http://patlantic.blogspot.com/2008/07/picture-atlantic-opens-for-coldplay-hp.html

tickets?

I JUST found out that I will be able to make it...a little late but I figure I would try where the real fans are. Craigslist is turning out to be a joke.

I just want to see em one more time...

arg.

If anyone has a spare single, or pair, let me know. Looking to be low-ish and stage right-ish.

Thanks -

michelle