✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Jul-08: San Jose - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [ORIGINAL DATE 7/24]

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

writing this from the car on my home from the concert will write a review later

1 life in technicolor

2 violet hill

3 clocks

4 in my place

5 viva la vida

6 42

7 yes

8 the scientist

9 chinese sleep chant

10 god put a smile upon your face

11 square one

12 speed of sound

13 strawberry swing

14 yellow- full band

15 politik

16 lost

17 the hardest part - acoustic

18 death will never conquer

19 fix you

20 lovers in japan

21 death and all his friends

thanks videos please.

thanks so much.

So while my computer's uploading my concert pics/fotages, here's a review:

I thought that this was a GREAT opportunity for the band to really 'step it up' from their last two shows in LA. The first half somewhat left me disappointed (same order like last time from Life in Technicolor to Strawberry Swing). But right after, Chris then goes on saying "I wish there was a way for us to be up in the back *wink*" (YES I SAW HIM WINK/GRIN, THAT LITTLE SNEAK!). I guess I, along with maybe the other few Coldplay fanatics, knew about the bits and surprises from LA, but when Chris spurted that line I was immediately suspicious. :confused: Before anything else was said, the first downbeat note of YELLOW was done and I went nuts!! It's been A LONG TIME since I heard the album/electric version of Yellow since the Twisted Logic tour! :D

But that doesn't end there....THE BOYS KICKED IT INTO THE HARD-HITTING NOTES OF POLITIK!! :shocked2: You guys probably wouldn't believe it, but I FUCKING WENT CRAZY HERE!! :laugh3: :dance::dance::dance: OMFG that had to be the best performance of Politik that I've ever seen since the Grammy's (....okay that's sort of an exaggeration, but it's been a while since they busted out that song!).

After the grandiose-rockin' song, Chris then goes off and says among the lines of "Okay I'm tired of this here!" and so the four of them went off the stage and up into the lower-level seats in the back. I was prrraaaaaaayying to dear heavens that they would play Don't Panic....but the first few words ended up being "The Hardest Part." DOOODE I was excited anyway; the acoustic version sounded much MUCH better because it was ACOUSTIC and that the song was played in a lower key (which sounded a bit darker, but fuller, in my opinion). :)

Oh, and LOL Will's guitar wasn't working for a minute before they started to play "THe Hardest Part", btw. :lol:

Honestly I think after "Yellow" was played, the crowd finally picked up the momentum of the concert. I'm sorry to say this, but THE LOS ANGELES CROWD WAS MUCH MORE WELCOMING AND EXCITING THAN HERE IN NORCAL! EVERYONE in the 128 section (lower-level section right NEXT to the end of the catwalk, where the boys play "Chinese Sleep Chant" and "GPASUYF") was sitting down!! .....Then again, I lucked out by buying my seat through general sale instead of the auctions....which is WEIRD... :thinking::D

it was so much fun

exceeded all my expectations

and jesus

god

the guy next to us told us that the doorman said we were getting a surprise in our section

the boys 5 feet a way was more of an early christmas present

i hate when crowds are like that .............coldplay puts so much energy in performing that they should get soo much energy back from the crowd....and it sucks ass when they dont get it cause they deserve it

Hahah this other girl in my section somehow got her seat through the general sale too, so we pretty much abused our privileges to the fullest by standing up the whole time (while someone in teh back was yelling at us to "SIT DOWN!" :veryangry:), jumping, dancing, singing, arm-flailing , etc. :laugh3:

'Tis a shame that these people who chose to bust out $200+ to sit in these seats didn't make the most out of it. :dozey:

yellow(electric)/politik were so unexpected

and i was geared for trouble

but its an equal trade

but when the first note of yellow played i immediately wondered what theyd do acoustic

i was hoping for see you soon or swallowed

ya well the pavilion was largely sold to just non-fans who are willing to spot the cash, there were a bunch on the floor near me. I mean come on, if you're going to drop the cash for floor seats you'd think they'd be fanatics, but nope - yuppie scum. Oh well, what can you do? At least the atmosphere was electric at some points.

the people around me were awesome

couple next to us had seen coldplay 5+ times and mid show these 2 girls whom had floor seats stood next to us, i guess some guy was blocking their view, but they were a blast

Hahah this other girl in my section somehow got her seat through the general sale too, so we pretty much abused our privileges to the fullest by standing up the whole time (while someone in teh back was yelling at us to "SIT DOWN!" :veryangry:), jumping, dancing, singing, arm-flailing , etc. :laugh3:

'Tis a shame that these people who chose to bust out $200+ to sit in these seats didn't make the most out of it. :dozey:

ya well atleast they had u and a couple of other people who were giving them energy back :)

Setlist (I'm totally framing this baby!!):

setlistyaaaay.jpg

(*sniff*....they were supposed to play Don't Panic! :( Oh well...we got "The Hardest Part" instead :smug:)

Aaannnd I'm sorry, but HOW THE FUCK CAN SOME OF YOU PEOPLE SIT THROUGH THE CONCERT WITH A VIEW LIKE THIS?!

cp1.jpg

Really now...this is a ROCK concert, ffs. :cool: Though I have to applaud the people in the first few rows for keeping up with the energy, at least (instead of most cases where the front doesn't move at all!)