✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Jul-08: San Jose - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [ORIGINAL DATE 7/24]

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG OMG OMG. :o

That was quite possibly *the* single most incredible experience of my life. :D

Seriously, though... everything about the concert was so freaking awesome.... I'm still attempting to recover from it, which totally isn't working (I got home about an hour ago). :P I'm just.... wow. Like, completely overwhelmed. In all the best ways. Anyway... the set list was absolutely fantastic! Obviously, Coldplay loves us North Californians better than you people down south, because we got at least one extra song, and practically three encores. :smug: Oh, and the set-up/lighting was seriously brilliant. The laser show in Clocks was INSANE! :stunned: And those magic balls were absolutely perfect.... not to mention the butterfly confetti during Lovers in Japan, it made the performance/song a hundred times better... I must've collected at least 100 pieces, I'll post pictures very soon. :D

AHHHHHH, SO EXCITED! The only downside was not getting to meet/see the band up close... but I wasn't really expecting for that to happen, so whatever. ;) And, I got an awesome VLV shirt... not to mention my seat was really really close, comparatively. ;)

*happy sigh* I'm not going to be able to sleep at all right now, I'm too excited... so I might as well search through my pictures/videos for the best ones. :dance:

Seriously?!?! No one told me about the backstage passes! :thinking: :P

OMG OMG OMG. :o

That was quite possibly *the* single most incredible experience of my life. :D

Seriously, though... everything about the concert was so freaking awesome.... I'm still attempting to recover from it, which totally isn't working (I got home about an hour ago). :P I'm just.... wow. Like, completely overwhelmed. In all the best ways. Anyway... the set list was absolutely fantastic! Obviously, Coldplay loves us North Californians better than you people down south, because we got at least one extra song, and practically three encores. :smug: Oh, and the set-up/lighting was seriously brilliant. The laser show in Clocks was INSANE! :stunned: And those magic balls were absolutely perfect.... not to mention the butterfly confetti during Lovers in Japan, it made the performance/song a hundred times better... I must've collected at least 100 pieces, I'll post pictures very soon. :D

AHHHHHH, SO EXCITED! The only downside was not getting to meet/see the band up close... but I wasn't really expecting for that to happen, so whatever. ;) And, I got an awesome VLV shirt... not to mention my seat was really really close, comparatively. ;)

*happy sigh* I'm not going to be able to sleep at all right now, I'm too excited... so I might as well search through my pictures/videos for the best ones. :dance:

Seriously?!?! No one told me about the backstage passes! :thinking: :P

YAAAY ! you're back ! :dance: Glad to hear you had an amazing time, Obviously !

waiting for your piccies :D

hellllllll yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.................i bet they looked really SEXAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! :sneaky:

Haha, I wish! But my mom's crappy little camera wasn't all that great for zooming... and I wasn't all that close to the stage... :rolleyes:

Sorry for the terrible quality! I feel ashamed posting such bad shots, but oh well, it's still CHRIS, etc. :D

2681427451_b77b7a7e6f.jpg

2681420411_8782e61e80.jpg

^Chris and Jonny seemed to be having some serious fun together.... :P

2682238964_c335494b83.jpg

2682242456_0ffee766f2.jpg

2682240534_4167d7b15c.jpg

^Magic balls!

2681422685_331631c92d.jpg

2681423971_60cdb51b54.jpg

2681428699_053b7db079.jpg

2681426467_1ee9b10e7a.jpg

Most of this might sound like a broken record by now...

So I just got back from the San Jose show 2nite, it was just lovely. Of course all the awesome songs were played especially one of my favorites "Politik", I had fun body and head banging to that one. "Yes" and "Chinese Sleep Chant" were other highlights 4 me. The crowd was cool, the top and lower sections all did the wave b4 Coldplay came out. But what was up with the people in my section (128) sitting down during some of the songs?....really! Literally I was pretty much the only one standing up in my section but at least the band could locate me more easily, I would like to think that Guy Berryman was applauding me for my dancing, even if that's very much wishful thinking.

HP's sound was better than normal so all the booming bass, banging drum kicks, and crisp euphoric guitar notes, and choir-like singing was very easy to enjoy.

Chris slipped up a few times on some of the newer songs, I liked it cuz it showed he is human (knew that already btw). Also I just barely learned all them songs meself. But he bounced back singing something along the lines of "San Jose...the people here are very forgiving" Some lucky people were graced by the band singing right by them, the whole band managed to run across the floor and up into the lower section and Chris said "Oh now I see what it's like" and in2 "the Hardest Part". After that Will sang a song, quite a good singer, he should do it more hans solo.

All in all, it was nice with all the neonized confetti, magical balls, & the band's humble presence.

I hope someone got footage of the Lovers In Japan video on the big screen, loved the screenshot of those 2 puppy dogs : )

its reallly amazing that there playing the electric version of yellow i seen the video on youtube wayyyyyyy better than the acoustic version lets be honest the acoustic version of yellow sucks cause theres so much other things going on in the song the hardest part is simpler so it sounds better played acoustic cant wait till philly