✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Jul-08: San Jose - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [ORIGINAL DATE 7/24]

Setlist (I'm totally framing this baby!!):

setlistyaaaay.jpg

(*sniff*....they were supposed to play Don't Panic! :( Oh well...we got "The Hardest Part" instead :smug:)

Aaannnd I'm sorry, but HOW THE FUCK CAN SOME OF YOU PEOPLE SIT THROUGH THE CONCERT WITH A VIEW LIKE THIS?!

cp1.jpg

Really now...this is a ROCK concert, ffs. :cool: Though I have to applaud the people in the first few rows for keeping up with the energy, at least (instead of most cases where the front doesn't move at all!)

its great that they played hardest part wow!

its my favorite song ever!beautifull.:)

thanks for them for playing that song!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres my review.I took my brother to the concert.We got there at about 730.We roamed around for a second.I was going to by some tshirts but the lines were crazy long.Ill get them tomorrow at the vegas show. We found our seats.We were in section 115 row 14 pretty sweet view. The first band was pretty good.They were the band that won the contest.Shearwater wasnt all that great.They were ok i guess.But not my cup of tea.

The boys came on at 915ish.And in my opinion the crowd was electric for the first 5 songs.And i think Chris and the boys were feeding off of the crowd.They came out with so much energy it looked.I guess a couple days off will do that.But during songs like Yes,Chinese Sleep Chant,Strawberry Swing i saw people sitting down.Which was i dont know,whatever.I would say in the middle of the concert the crowd kind of died down.But when they played Speed of Sound they crowd seemed to get back into it.I was suprised that they played Yellow with the full band!!I was really pleased because i think that song is just too big not to be played with the full band.And the crowd was definately back into from then on. Politik was also a great suprise!!I looked at my brother when they started the song and was like YESS!!!Politik was one of the songs i was wishing they would play because i think it has so much energy for it to be left out.I got my wish!!! The they went into Lost and chris was dancing like crazy.And my brother again was like man look at him dance haha.I swear at one point it looked like chris was having a seizure. He was doing this shaking thing that was so funny.Me and my brother were laughing so hard.But i must admit chris' moves were on tonight!!!Haha.

Then Chris was like im tired of playing here.So they ran through the crowd and started to play an acoustic version of the hardest part!!It was awesome!!I really liked that version they did.I have a video of it.Then after will singing they went back for the final 3 songs.It was a really great show!!!They sounded so good!!Any doubts that we had before about chris' voice or the band can surely be put to rest!!I thought that the light show from last tour was a little better than this tour.Not that thats a bad thing.It was still a good light show but we come to see the band.I loved the magic balls too!!But they had that big screen the whole time and hardly used it til the end. I guess thats what the balls were for.Anyways it was an awesome show!!!Ill upload the videos i took.I will be going to the Vegas show to take my girl!!I cant wait!!!

I think it was hard for them to change the setlist last tour with all the videos from the screens and stuff.But they hardly use the effects on the screen like they did last tour.Its mostly lights and the magic balls.I think it would be easier this time around to change the setlist up more often this tour.

Just got back, and of course, it was AWESOME. :D Every song sounded amazing, even Fix You, which I normally can't stand.

I managed a few pictures with my awful cellphone camera, which I'll upload later if they're actually worth looking at.

The concert was awesome! I loved when Will sang during Death Will Never Conquer. Great concert overall and I'm happy they seemed to play a longer set than when I went to see them in Feb 2006. I just wished the people in front of me were shorter. Anyone else on the floor like me?

i hate when crowds are like that .............coldplay puts so much energy in performing that they should get soo much energy back from the crowd....and it sucks ass when they dont get it cause they deserve it

yes!! all the people around me were either smoking pot or not showing any enthusiasm when 42 started playing. It dissapointed me that these people werent even bobbing their heads. but other than that, the show was AMAZING!!!

yes!! all the people around me were either smoking pot or not showing any enthusiasm when 42 started playing. It dissapointed me that these people werent even bobbing their heads. but other than that, the show was AMAZING!!!

glad u had fun but was it sold out or were there alot of empty seats

glad u had fun but was it sold out or were there alot of empty seats

I had the greatest time of my life :)

of course it was sold out, every seat was filled up XD

I wish i could have taken pictures, but i forgot to bring my camera.

And if i did the pictures would have came out all bleary.

I had the greatest time of my life :)

of course it was sold out, every seat was filled up XD

I wish i could have taken pictures, but i forgot to bring my camera.

And if i did the pictures would have came out all bleary.

thats cool.....im asking cause i saw a video and it looked like there were empty seats .but ya.........nice to meet you names viviana

thats cool.....im asking cause i saw a video and it looked like there were empty seats .but ya.........nice to meet you names viviana

lol probably becuase people were getting food or something. My name is Kristen and im a huge Coldplayer :)

san jose

great show, weird crowd. lots of people sitting down all around me. this was my first coldplay show ever, and i had high hopes. my hopes weren't let down by the band, as much as the "fans". lots of great moments though. hilights for me were "in my place" with the crowd really belting out the chorus and viva la vida. fix you was amazing! great showing by the band, wish the audience was a little more with it. they seemed very flat. strawberry swing and lost are powerful live! love them... great night out.

Setlist (I'm totally framing this baby!!):

setlistyaaaay.jpg

(*sniff*....they were supposed to play Don't Panic! :( Oh well...we got "The Hardest Part" instead :smug:)

they played POLITIK !!!!!! Squeeee :dance:

best setlist so far ! although Dont panic is missing..

thanks for that and the review !

Source: http://www.suyogdeshpande.net/blog/2008/07/19/coldplay-concert/

We went to Coldplay concert tonight in San Jose. Needless to say, it was amazing, as expected. I absolutely love their “Viva la Vida” album, and seeing it live, coupled with Coldplay’s older hits was just an icing on the cake.

My only grouse was the show started at 7.30 and endured two long opening acts, and by the time Coldplay made an entrance it was almost 9.15pm. They played till 10.45pm, which felt awfully short given the breath of Coldplay’s hits. By the time it ended, I felt it had only just begun!

Something funny - this place is so full of desis, but shockingly it felt like there were no desis at all in the concert. Out of 10-20000 people, I am willing to bet there were not more than 100 desis around! What were they doing? Watching Mahabharat perhaps

All in all, an awesome concert though. Coldplay rocks!