✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Jul-08: San Jose - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [ORIGINAL DATE 7/24]

Nick you're video is AMAZING! Thank you so much for sharing!!!! Can I ask what did you use to record? I am going to see them next week and am trying to figure out whether I can sneak in with my camera :sneaky:

I shot the video with a Canon Powershot 750 Digital Elph. Takes great photos and decent video, though the sound at concerts tends to get blown out.

No problem getting the camera into San Jose Arena last night, they weren't frisking us at the door, and everyone in the front row was taking photos all night long (I'm sure Chris really enjoyed that :laugh3:)

Hope you take some good shots and videos, please post them here if you can!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a few crappy photos from far away, nothing decent. I'm hoping I can grab a few frames from the video and post those on my photo website, I don't know if the resolution quality is any good, though, I have to educate myself on how to do it.

I'm hoping all those girls in the front row post their photos soon, they must've taken some amazing pics.

concertkid thank you so much for your efforts - you've made an awful lot of people happy sharing this with us!!

And thanks to everyone for their reviews and thoughts, so precious to hear, and there was just one really long one that made my eyes water because the poster couldn't hit the return key a few times (is it called 'line-shift' or something in the States?) Ah well - I'm sure it was a good read for those with perfect vision and patience!! :)

So great that the set was a song longer, but a shame the crowd was so lame by many accounts :\ 42 and Strawberry not getting the deafening roars they deserve? Who are these people?? They don't know the album yet? That was an excuse a month ago at Brixton, perhaps, but not now!! :cry:

The set sounds incredible, but I don't like the sound much of the shortened GPASUYF (though I am intrigued by the 'techno-whatnotted' aspect'). Why truncate it, when the extra bits give Chris a bit of time to rest? The guy's going absolutely flat out for an hour and a half, giving his very all, I really think they need to give him a few minutes of rest during the gig. He was even playing the harmonica away from the mic on DWEC when he could have taken a breather - someone needs to tell him to take a break!!!

Great to see Politik back as it should be (and have I missed something or was there no SoS?? :D) - and I feel a bit sad for the folks who didn't get acoustic Yellow, but ar well, the electric never disappoints :)

And The Hardest Part??? Incredible! I saw them four times on the last tour and never once heard that, was so disappointed (and never heard Twisted Logic or x&y for that matter!) REALLY hope they continue to keep mixing it up (but with the full GPASUPYF - please, and restoring the slow end to Politik and the manic end to Clocks).

:)

I agree with your point about needing a rest in between songs Kimchi, he looks absolutely knackered in that vid and he never ever stops moving. Teamed with bouts of insomnia and all that travelling around he's in danger of burning himself out.

On a different note his voice is sounding fantastic at the moment.

I agree with your point about needing a rest in between songs Kimchi, he looks absolutely knackered in that vid and he never ever stops moving. Teamed with bouts of insomnia and all that travelling around he's in danger of burning himself out.

Yep I'm worried about him :( I wish somehow all our love could get through to him, that he'd realise that they really ARE the best band in the world, and that he (especially) doesn't need to push himself to the limit so much for each and every single second of the gig, but he's like a man possessed right now!!

Setlist (I'm totally framing this baby!!):

setlistyaaaay.jpg

(*sniff*....they were supposed to play Don't Panic! :( Oh well...we got "The Hardest Part" instead :smug:)

if theyd just hit the stage 10-15min earlier rather than dick around they wouldnt have to exclude songs on their fucking setlist.

Sorry to everyone that the review looked so much like one run on sentence! It was a copy and paste job from my desk top this morning and the spacing apparently didn't transfer. I was running out the door to get some errands done by the time I got it finished and didn't pay attention to it after I transfered it here, assuming it would match what was on my homepage...oops! So sorry again.

AWESOME video, including the acoustic set shot from 10 feet away:

http://www.veoh.com/channels/nicksclips

<embed src="http://www.veoh.com/veohplayer.swf?permalinkId=v15091521hQg9m5ZC&id=anonymous&player=videodetailsembedded&affiliateId=&videoAutoPlay=0" allowFullScreen="true" width="540" height="438" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><br/><a href="http://www.veoh.com/">Online Videos by Veoh.com</a>

Yellow - The Hardest Part - Death Will Never Conquer - Fix You - Lovers In Japan

(There might be a short ad preceeding the video)

When the lads run up the stairs for the acoustic set, you can hear me yelling "WE'RE RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM, YEAH!!! C'MON C'MON C'MON!!!", it's rather embarassing! You can hear another guy yelling "NO F'ING WAY!!!" and having a nervous breakdown.

It was mass chaos as fifty of us scrambled over the seats to get closer, with everyone standing on the chairs, angling for good views. Security came around and told everyone to stand down, so the camera is a bit shaky during those times.

At one point, Chris looks directly in my lens and holds his gaze for a few seconds... I thought he was going to tell me to stop filming. I guess he either thought twice about interrupting his talk, or else he was simply giving me a great moment.

The sound was quite loud in the arena, so the audio is a bit blown out during the stage numbers. The video is all right, though. The video is 23 minutes long, so it's best to allow the download bar to make it's way completely across the bottom of the screen before trying to view this, especially if you have a slow computer.

They were great last night, be sure to "study" Viva La Vida thoroughly before you go, it will make the experience far richer.

Cheers,

Nick

Awesome, I transfered it to a DVD-R to watch! Great quality...bumming I am not in vegas tonight recording...

if theyd just hit the stage 10-15min earlier rather than dick around they wouldnt have to exclude songs on their fucking setlist.

You got over an hour and a half, right (and also one more song than their other gigs so far in the US)? If so that's all you're ever going to definitely get from Coldplay, and it has nothing to do with what time they came on.

And wash your mouth out please.

Sorry to everyone that the review looked so much like one run on sentence! It was a copy and paste job from my desk top this morning and the spacing apparently didn't transfer. I was running out the door to get some errands done by the time I got it finished and didn't pay attention to it after I transfered it here, assuming it would match what was on my homepage...oops! So sorry again.

No problem, thanks for explaining! :) Completely understandable how it happened, but a shame people with weak eyes like me can't even read it - any chance you can edit your post and put in just a few breaks in the text?

Merci beaucoup, Chavi!

(I couldn't figure out how to embed the video, it looks a lot better!)

Most of the video was shot from Section 128, I think we were a couple of rows behind you, Clocks30CM. There were two women standing most of the show in Row 9, I think, was that you? Nearly everyone else in our section sat down. It seemed like most people nearby weren't familiar with the new material, yet.

After watching the video (which btw was done very well) I think I was right behind you. Not totally sure but I was in row 17 right in front of a railing...

And Clocks30CM if you were wearing a white top, then you were definitely rocking out! : )

I cant seem to be able to watch the video.:cry:

Got to the end of Yellow and then down.

Tried again and again. and again

There seems to be a problem with my Flashplayer :embarassed:

Has anyone got a clue for the girl?

a person needs to work hard when they're in the best band in the world.

it doesn't mean that any band if they got enough it doesn't mean that its enough what ever they do.

They need to work hard not stop everything they do because its enough.

infact nothing is enough in this world.I go to my office as today my boss said that i did well doesn't mean that i got enough and i've to stop working hard.

if they play so well then only the people who hate them will have chances to see them even more liking them.

And yeah if Coldplay listens to people's opinions like you and me they'll never top the charts.Because people always have different opinions.

if they do what ever they like to do then only then can do better.

by far the setlist is so better!

they played some songs which are not frequently played before and which are liked by most of the people.

some songs are rarely played.I think there's nothing wrong.

And also what you said with dick around is pretty odd to read or hear!

i agree with kimchi.you have to wash it out.

I cant seem to be able to watch the video.:cry:

Got to the end of Yellow and then down.

Tried again and again. and again

There seems to be a problem with my Flashplayer :embarassed:

Has anyone got a clue for the girl?

I went to the site that hosts it, and there is a link that says "Download Options" and you can dl the whole 1gb file...

Chrisedge is right, Veoh allows you to download the original files to your hard drive, if you want. The video looks a lot better in its original state, rather than the streaming version posted here.

Too bad you weren't there to record the show, Chris, your U2 tapes are legendary.

The show started at 9:15 and finished at 10:40, so just under 90 minutes. Sure, they could've played another half an hour, but I was more than satisfied with the setlist.

Hooray for section 113! :D

Talk about really getting lucky on Ticketmaster... hahaha. Here's my view from 113 (taken during LiJ confetti madness). Camera phone pic isn't the best quality but just to give you an idea...:

2lwrbxt.jpg

Unfortunately there were no confetti blasters back here. But if you looked up in the rafters, you could see crew with confetti bags running around and dumping them on people (but none made it to 113! :cry:)

I was almost right behind the guys during their acoustics, which was phenomenal. Again, pics aren't too sharp as (a) cameraphone, and (b) my hands were shaking because I was excited. :laugh3: Here is Will singing Death Will Never Conquer

107uviq.jpg

113 REPRESENT :P

great!

any one have 42,yes,chinese sleep chant videos?

and yeah god put a smile up on your face and death and all his friends videos?

please post them please never mind quality.

i just want to see that's all.

After watching the video (which btw was done very well) I think I was right behind you. Not totally sure but I was in row 17 right in front of a railing...

And Clocks30CM if you were wearing a white top, then you were definitely rocking out! : )

lol no i was in section 128 but i was in the back, row 24 seat 19, right next to where the people come down the steps. I was rocking out all right! i was wearing the pink baby doll t-shirt.

Merci beaucoup, Chavi!

(I couldn't figure out how to embed the video, it looks a lot better!)

Most of the video was shot from Section 128, I think we were a couple of rows behind you, Clocks30CM. There were two women standing most of the show in Row 9, I think, was that you? Nearly everyone else in our section sat down. It seemed like most people nearby weren't familiar with the new material, yet.

well i was there with my sister and we were both standing almost all the whole time when Coldplay came on. i remember telling my sister that Coldplay would come out playing Life In Technicolor and i was right! i was singing along to every single song, every lyric. and i knew which song they were going to play just by hearing the tone of the guitars XP. Chris threw in little tricks to some of the older songs just like he did on the Coldplay Live 2003 DVD.

lol no i was in section 128 but i was in the back, row 24 seat 19, right next to where the people come down the steps. I was rocking out all right! i was wearing the pink baby doll t-shirt.

I think I saw you during the concert when I looked back at majority of the people in our section, in disgust. Not at you, of course. :lol:

I was one of the few down below at the front (Row 6, seat 21) flailing my arms like a nutter at times. You, and the rest of the few who kept their energy up, were much needed down below too!