✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

07-Nov-08: Orlando - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice and close acoustiv video here: http://chadwyatt.wordpress.com/2008/11/08/coldplay-surprise/

<object width="400" height="302"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2185079&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2185079&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="302"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://vimeo.com/2185079">Coldplay upclose</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user842485">Chad Wyatt</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.

RiaViva: That is so awesome. From being right in there during the acoustic set, to Chris apologizing to you, and then giving you his harmonica. It must have sounded amazing being that close to it...

Once in a lifetime experience at a big venue show like this one, that is! That kind of stuff never happens! Lucky!

Thiss will be amassive multiquote so prepare yourselves

Orlando11-7-08055.jpg

:stunned: anotherone for the permanent display....

Pete.jpg

awww another Pete pic... he has a massive fan base now

we had a Jonny birthday celebration with Jonny cakes for all

IMG_1722.jpg

LMAO :laugh3: you girls are AWESOME!

Orlando11-7-08039.jpg

you made chris cry!!! :angry:

Orlando11-7-08016.jpg

strawberryswing hotnesss!:wink3:

slowest ...story telling...everrr bahh

nope... I think I was even slower..... :P:embarassed:

A little Guy love for all the Berry girls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_-NTtdUKMw

:heart:ing you again!!! 27 seconds of pure HEAVEN!

/dies

Its so funny when he's looking around.. i can imagine him thinking "hmm I'm hungry...hey nice lights.....wonder if it'll rain tomorrow.."

:laugh3:

Now you see why I was like :bomb:. LOL

You're expecting some ol' boring dude, and then ask the cute guy, "Hi, could you tell me where Pete is?" And the cute guy IS Pete:laugh3:

you actually asked Pete where's pete? okay now I feel guilty for deleting the pic... :embarassed:

Pete=Gaga

true! :smug:

Signed up for an account just to post this, I've been following coldplayign for a while since I got my "low-end" tickets back in May for the Orlando show.

Coldplay played such an amazing show this tour around. Me and My sister had tickets way up and in the back when a backstage member coming up our aisle asked to come with us us, "there were problems with our tickets", and then upgraded us to 3rd row right in front of the stage and next to the catwalk!

Same was the case for about 20-25 more 'hardcore' fans, all sitting from crappy seats all over the arena into these AMAZING seats for free. I don't know if something that goes on at every show but I sure love the band even more for pulling something like this off.

Really awesome show! Ok, just had to get it off my chest.

welcome:)

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

:D

CUTENESS OVERKILLL awwwwwwww

Hey guys. I just registered here so that I could make this post. Last night was the first time I've seen Coldplay in concert. I've been a fan for years but this was the first year that I promised myself I WOULD get tickets. Me and my boyfriend drove to Orlando from Tallahassee and got there around 7 pm.

We headed to our seats and were surprised to find out that they "didn't exist." We were row P in section 104 but got moved up to R. I was hoping the woman would say our seats were upgraded, but after I discovered where I was, I wouldn't have traded my seat for any other one. When we went to sit down, our eyes were immediately drawn to this platform set up on the seats right in front of us.

ColdplayConcert003-2.jpg

We asked the security guard what this was about and he said it was a surprise. A very nice couple next to us were saying that the long, skinny object was, unmistakably, a mic stand. I didn't want to get my hopes up so I tried to keep my excitement down, but from then on I couldn't stop thinking about it. It was hard to believe though, because how could I have gotten so lucky? This always happens to other people, not to you!

But by the time this started happening:

ColdplayConcert063-2.jpg

it was undeniable. Chris, Jonny, Will, and Guy were going to be right in front of me. I still couldn't fully grasp or believe it, not until they were actually right there. Soon enough, they were headed towards us!!!!

th_ColdplayConcert064.jpg

th_ColdplayConcert066.jpg

That's me in the video with my boyfriend. And actually, here we are in the picture that Texasluvsjonny posted!

Orlando11-7-08052_us.jpg

Whenever I think about this part I get butterflies. It was truly one of the luckiest, most amazing times in my life. When does this stuff happen?! Anyways, they started on an acoustic version of The Scientist, and near the end of the song, my boyfriend is trying to get my camera so he can take a picture of us. He sticks the camera out a little too far and Chris hits my camera and knocks it down on the stage. For those of you who noticed that Chris stopped singing during The Scientist and bent over, that was my boyfriend's fault, haha! By some crazy chance, my video started to record right as it was being dropped, and I got a very short video of Chris bending over to pick it up:

th_ColdplayConcert078.jpg

He handed it to me and said he was sorry. A little later on, he turned back to ask me if it was ok. You can't really tell what he's saying, but he's asking me if my camera is ok (sorry for the fumbling in the beginning):

And, to top it all off, after they finished Death Will Never Conquer, Chris gave me his harmonica he had used! It is now sitting safely on my desk. I will frame it in a shadowbox frame soon. :)

I just want to say that I feel so incredibly grateful and lucky for this. I never thought anything like this would ever happen to me. It's nice to share this with you guys and I hope you enjoyed my videos and photos (even though they weren't as great as others').

harmonica002_2.jpg

Viva Coldplay!

OMG you got MASSIVE Chris spit helloooo cloning!!!!

Ah, thanks everyone. I must say, I am insanely jealous of whoever got there seats upgraded and the person who got the harmonica (sorry I am too lazy to go back and refer to usernames, lol).

Thanks to everyone who uploaded videos, I love reliving the night!

I was so happy to finally go to my first Coldplay concert after being a fan for 6 years. Kind of annoying that tons of people didn't know a song other than Viva la Vida, but what can ya do? The show was amazing. I was on the floor. I wish I was a little taller, I hardly saw the boys during the show because everyone was standing but I still had the time of my life....especially when my favorite song, Politik, came on. I cried during Fix You, those tears just came out flowin' :-P I was truly in another universe when the buttefly confetti devoured the floor...:)

I would love to see them again and can't wait for the Christmas EP..!

Mel,

Your daughter is sooooooo cute,

Signed pic-----priceless,

----

Angie's signed CD....sweeeet!

Jonny button ?:(?

What a fantastic experience!---AND everyone elses stories/pics/video, wish i could have been there--- I'd also like to be in Florida right now!!!:sunny:

------sooooo cold Up North

:)

Hey all! I know I have not been on here in quite a while. Actually, an eternity. I won't lie, I got so addicted to the site that I wasn't doing my homework so I had to stop. haha But I'm in college now so I have a bit more leeway. ;) haha

Anyway, I just wanted to write in here real quick. I've been to my fair share of Coldplay concerts, mostly in Philly and Jersey, since I'm from PA, but I go to school at the University of Florida. =] Back to the point, the concert in Orlando was amazing. It was pretty close to the last concert I went to which was the last US tour date in 2006 in Philly, energy wise, but Chris' vocals were unbelievable. Granted he was nearly dead at the last concert I went to, the band just seemed different to me.

I don't know about some of you, but I seriously get severely depressed after the concert is over. It's almost like I lost my best friend once it's over, and I'll never get them back. Having attended the show with a good friend, it was difficult to explain my feelings, but coming on here and reading these amazing stories cheered me up, and also caused me a heart attack since I was at the arena at 2:30, but chose to hang out in downtown Orlando, so I missed the boys by an hour. (should've went to the later class! haha)

Either way, I just wanted to thank everyone for stories, pictures, comments, and the like for helping me through my Coldplay grieving process. haha

I hope to be on here more often and if someone can teach me the ways of getting better tickets, that'd be amazing, since I always get stuck in the nosebleeds. :dozey:

Take care!