✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

07-Nov-08: Orlando - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed up for an account just to post this, I've been following coldplayign for a while since I got my "low-end" tickets back in May for the Orlando show.

Coldplay played such an amazing show this tour around. Me and My sister had tickets way up and in the back when a backstage member coming up our aisle asked to come with us us, "there were problems with our tickets", and then upgraded us to 3rd row right in front of the stage and next to the catwalk!

Same was the case for about 20-25 more 'hardcore' fans, all sitting from crappy seats all over the arena into these AMAZING seats for free. I don't know if something that goes on at every show but I sure love the band even more for pulling something like this off.

Really awesome show! Ok, just had to get it off my chest.

Signed up for an account just to post this, I've been following coldplayign for a while since I got my "low-end" tickets back in May for the Orlando show.

Coldplay played such an amazing show this tour around. Me and My sister had tickets way up and in the back when a backstage member coming up our aisle asked to come with us us, "there were problems with our tickets", and then upgraded us to 3rd row right in front of the stage and next to the catwalk!

Same was the case for about 20-25 more 'hardcore' fans, all sitting from crappy seats all over the arena into these AMAZING seats for free. I don't know if something that goes on at every show but I sure love the band even more for pulling something like this off.

Really awesome show! Ok, just had to get it off my chest.

As far as I know, they do reserve the front 5 rows specifically for the band to give away: some of it goes to radio stations, some of it goes to friends from the area, and the rest of it goes to Oxfam workers, people from the nosebleeds, and people who stand outside and cheer at them as they come into a venue :p

Glad you enjoyed the show! :D

Hey guys. I just registered here so that I could make this post. Last night was the first time I've seen Coldplay in concert. I've been a fan for years but this was the first year that I promised myself I WOULD get tickets. Me and my boyfriend drove to Orlando from Tallahassee and got there around 7 pm.

We headed to our seats and were surprised to find out that they "didn't exist." We were row P in section 104 but got moved up to R. I was hoping the woman would say our seats were upgraded, but after I discovered where I was, I wouldn't have traded my seat for any other one. When we went to sit down, our eyes were immediately drawn to this platform set up on the seats right in front of us.

ColdplayConcert003-2.jpg

We asked the security guard what this was about and he said it was a surprise. A very nice couple next to us were saying that the long, skinny object was, unmistakably, a mic stand. I didn't want to get my hopes up so I tried to keep my excitement down, but from then on I couldn't stop thinking about it. It was hard to believe though, because how could I have gotten so lucky? This always happens to other people, not to you!

But by the time this started happening:

ColdplayConcert063-2.jpg

it was undeniable. Chris, Jonny, Will, and Guy were going to be right in front of me. I still couldn't fully grasp or believe it, not until they were actually right there. Soon enough, they were headed towards us!!!!

th_ColdplayConcert064.jpg

th_ColdplayConcert066.jpg

That's me in the video with my boyfriend. And actually, here we are in the picture that Texasluvsjonny posted!

Orlando11-7-08052_us.jpg

Whenever I think about this part I get butterflies. It was truly one of the luckiest, most amazing times in my life. When does this stuff happen?! Anyways, they started on an acoustic version of The Scientist, and near the end of the song, my boyfriend is trying to get my camera so he can take a picture of us. He sticks the camera out a little too far and Chris hits my camera and knocks it down on the stage. For those of you who noticed that Chris stopped singing during The Scientist and bent over, that was my boyfriend's fault, haha! By some crazy chance, my video started to record right as it was being dropped, and I got a very short video of Chris bending over to pick it up:

th_ColdplayConcert078.jpg

He handed it to me and said he was sorry. A little later on, he turned back to ask me if it was ok. You can't really tell what he's saying, but he's asking me if my camera is ok (sorry for the fumbling in the beginning):

th_ColdplayConcert083.jpg

And, to top it all off, after they finished Death Will Never Conquer, Chris gave me his harmonica he had used! It is now sitting safely on my desk. I will frame it in a shadowbox frame soon. :)

harmonica001_2.jpg

harmonica002_2.jpg

Here are a few more pictures and one more video:

ColdplayConcert069-1_2.jpg

ColdplayConcert006-1-1.jpg

ColdplayConcert018-1-1.jpg

ColdplayConcert056-1.jpg

ColdplayConcert070-1-1.jpg

ColdplayConcert072-1-1.jpg

ColdplayConcert075-1-1.jpg

ColdplayConcert076-1-1.jpg

ColdplayConcert085-1-1.jpg

ColdplayConcert103-1-1.jpg

th_ColdplayConcert084.jpg

I just want to say that I feel so incredibly grateful and lucky for this. I never thought anything like this would ever happen to me. It's nice to share this with you guys and I hope you enjoyed my videos and photos (even though they weren't as great as others').

Viva Coldplay!

And, to top it all off, after they finished Death Will Never Conquer, Chris gave me his harmonica he had used! It is now sitting safely on my desk. I will frame it in a shadowbox frame soon. :)

harmonica001_2.jpg

harmonica002_2.jpg

Viva Coldplay!

Holy Mother of GAWD!!!:bomb::bigcry:

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

:D

Aww! What an adorable lil' girl!!

Angie and Co.-- Thanks for sharing your stories, videos and pics! Great stuff! I hope the next night is even better for y'all!

RiaViva-- HARMONICA!! Yikes!! Congratulations on your great luck--

your boyfriend is awesome, haha! (And thanks for sharing sweaty pics! :D)

Dayummm....An idea is forming! The next time I happen to be around Coldplay.

I'll just try to discreetly drop something and see what happens. It'd be the perfect opportunity

to slip some cuffs on Chris and take him home!! :wink3:

Though with my luck, I'll end up tripping someone so probably not!!

*sigh* It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to see how happy Coldplay fans are and how much

the guys and their crew have a part in it!!!!!

It's a comfort to know how kind and patient the band and their crew can be---

I get a little "iffy" about the idea of wanting to meet and talk to Coldplay

because sometimes I can't lip read people right away and my boyfriend sometimes

forgets to translate to Sign Language at first so there's an awkward moment!

But I have to say that with everyone posting such positive stories about

everyone they come into contact with, I am determined to give it a shot the next time the boys are in my area!