✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Alternative Violet Hill videoclip on ColdplayTV (Youtube)

BigFatNoises

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VIOLET HILL VIDEO OFFICIALLY RELEASED ON COLDPLAY.COM

You heard right.

If you haven't heard already, the full video clip of Violet Hill has been put up on the coldplay.com website.

Visit http://www.coldplay.com and click on the symbol in the top right hand corner!

It's longer than the other "full" videos I've seen already.

It's also a little different.....shows what the boys really think of politicians.

Cheers!

Why is everyone acting as if this is new? It was posted hours ago :confused:

haha probably because we americans are just getting home from school/work/other activities.

but i'm happy coldplay is getting involved in this stuff. I think to become a legendary band instead of just a good band you have to have some effect on culture. getting involved with politics is probably the easiest/most effective way to do this and i like coldplay doing this because it shows the rest of the world that they are not just a flakey band that writes ballads and love songs... they also care about the condition of the world and i think with this album they are going to start being a lot louder about it :D

haha probably because we americans are just getting home from school/work/other activities.

but i'm happy coldplay is getting involved in this stuff. I think to become a legendary band instead of just a good band you have to have some effect on culture. getting involved with politics is probably the easiest/most effective way to do this and i like coldplay doing this because it shows the rest of the world that they are not just a flakey band that writes ballads and love songs... they also care about the condition of the world and i think with this album they are going to start being a lot louder about it :D

Hey, as I said, I wasn't directing it at the people here, just the thread starter (the thread of which is now part of this one). :wink:

But yeah I agree with your post. Its one of those videos that could become very popular on sites like youtube because its so controversial. It will also gain the band a little more respect, I think. But I can also understand if some people think they are being slightly pretentious with this one.

Either way, I think its a very good video. It could have been edited a tiny bit better, but I'm just being picky.

Side note - Don't you think its slightly unfair that Barack Obama of ALL politicians should be the one who appears at the "carnival of idiots line?" I know its supposed to encompass all of these people but he seems to be one of the more intelligent if not innocent political figures as far as I'm aware.

YES!!!!!! i noticed that obama was on the screen at that line and i was really angry!! he is without a doubt the most respectable politician in that video. even if you don't support him in the elections you HAVE to admit that out of all of those politicians he is absolutely the most innocent. he hasnt even had a chance to do anything wrong yet!! hopefully this isnt anyindication of who chris supports in these elections...

Wait a minute, you guys are sayin' that this vid is not official, but is on the official website.

I'm a little bit confused! :confused:

I think they mean that it's not the video that will be played on MTV and all those channels. It is an alternate video. It is an official video, but most likely will only be online. Nice avatar by the way! :wink2:

I think they mean that it's not the video that will be played on MTV and all those channels. It is an alternate video. It is an official video, but most likely will only be online. Nice avatar by the way! :wink2:

Thanx! I love Parachutes! :D

And thanx for the information!

This video is better than the other one!

i liked the videoclip until 1:58 min came and there are some muslims people praying....i am a muslim and this is disrecpect of our Religion....and now i really dont like this video

I can see why footage of Muslim people praying in a pop video could be seen as disrespectful. But why would Coldplay or anyone associated with them want to do that? I'm sure they don't mean to. There is a reason why that bit's in the video and it's not to disrespect Muslims. That bit is less than a second long and yet it's ruined the whole video for you?