✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Alternative Violet Hill videoclip on ColdplayTV (Youtube)

BigFatNoises

Awesome violet hill videoclip posted on the official Coldplay Youtubechannel

Video is directed by Mat Whitecross who also directed Bigger Stronger

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WqQL5WFN20]YouTube - Violet Hill (Dancing Politicians)[/ame]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the whole thing, and this is what I think.

This is a FAR SUPERIOR music video in a lot of ways - much more evocative, and it really does fit the lyrics the way the original should have done. Its also a perfect blend between satire, humour and real shocking images. Its far more effective. I can see why they didn't release this one as the official video, with all the violence and controversial issues it addresses... but I really think this shows what the song is about.

And I noticed this was posted by the OFFICIAL Coldplay Youtube channel... so that means the band themselves have had a hand in this. This is more like it.

Coldplay's first truly political video.

Go Coldplay. I loved it.

This is a FAR SUPERIOR music video in a lot of ways - much more evocative, and it really does fit the lyrics the way the original should have done. Its also a perfect blend between satire, humour and real shocking images. Its far more effective. I can see why they didn't release this one as the official video, with all the violence and controversial issues it addresses... but I really think this shows what the song is about.

And I noticed this was posted by the OFFICIAL Coldplay Youtube channel... so that means the band themselves have had a hand in this. This is more like it.

Go Coldplay. I loved it.

Couldn't agree more.

One of the most powerful - and overall best - music videos I've ever seen.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Zemy101;2338975

Go Coldplay. I loved it.

Couldn't agree more.

One of the most powerful - and overall best - music videos I've ever seen.

:thumbsup: Totally, as you said the other version of the video is a lot more TV friendly, but this one is far superior in the message it's sending out, it fits the song perfectly.

the song is as i thought, about politics in general is not only about/against Bush imo..

politiciands of this century seem to be as b****rds as the dictators of first decades of previous century, History is ciclical, things repeat once and again..

:\

but i had love this video :D

'porqué no te callas'

(lol i never thought i would post that :laugh2:)

thanks to let us know that BigFatNoises

Go Coldplay. I loved it.

Agreed. But not only is this posted on their official youtube channel, but it is also listed on their website under "news". Perhaps the one to be aired on TV is more "Viva la Vida" and this one is more "Death and all his friends". It sure seems that way.

Hey guys, who is to say this video isnt the OFFICIAL video, I mean the video we have seen before was on a different website while this is on Coldplays OFFICIAL YouTube website.

I think its possible for this and the other video to be both Official!!

Here it is on the official site:

http://www.coldplay.com/video.php

By clicking this link:

vh1qp8.jpg

Anyone remember that this was the same symbol that Prospekt put into one of his journals, and we were debating what the symbol might mean? Interesting.

That is intereasting! But with that sign didnt it mean to confirm that the album name wasnt Prospekt leading me to think maybe this isnt the vid they will release but they wanted us to see it to give a message to the fans or summat!

i love this video. its one of the best things theyve ever done. i'm really happy to see they are becoming so political. this is one of those things you could show to someone who thinks coldplay is flakey or whatever and shut them up. this is something i could show to anyone and say im proud to be a coldplay fan.