✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Alternative Violet Hill videoclip on ColdplayTV (Youtube)

BigFatNoises

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS-- i also do agree about obama appearing right when the 'carnival of idiots' line comes on, but i think the video is just making a statement about politicians in general. believe me, i am the biggest barack obama lover in the WORLD, but i'm not surprised or really concerned that he appeared in this. it's just a commentary on politicians, in my opinion, and even though barack is a particularly GREAT politician...how can you not use that footage of him dancing in such a video? :D

really, i think coldplay (or at least chris) probably wholeheartedly supports obama. i mean, they vocally supported john kerry in 2004, and john kerry wholeheartedly supports obama, so i think that it's more likely that coldplay/chris supports obama than hillary (especially because she's turning into even MORE of a psychobitch IMO and is becoming a conservative).

I think it's funny, but I don't like it!

Why do you still have to blame Bush and Blair (probably due to the Iraq war), although one of them already retired and the other one cannot be reelected in autumn?! It's the past! You cannot change it.

I think Coldplay and a lot more musicians missed the opportunity back in 2003 to show or demonstrate their opinion and their attitude towards the foreign policy of their own country. Now in 2008 it's too late I think.

Well, that's my opinion! Perhaps I'm totally wrong and they wanted to purpose something different with that video. :)

You can be right, I mean everyone can see it from a different point of view, but as they've been working on this song for the past two years at least they would probably want to represent what has happened in this period (Bush, Blair, Iraq war, Fidel Castro) and what is happening now (Obama and Hillary)...but that's just my opinion :)

I just watched the whole thing, and this is what I think.

This is a FAR SUPERIOR music video in a lot of ways - much more evocative, and it really does fit the lyrics the way the original should have done. Its also a perfect blend between satire, humour and real shocking images. Its far more effective. I can see why they didn't release this one as the official video, with all the violence and controversial issues it addresses... but I really think this shows what the song is about.

And I noticed this was posted by the OFFICIAL Coldplay Youtube channel... so that means the band themselves have had a hand in this. This is more like it.

Coldplay's first truly political video.

Go Coldplay. I loved it.

totally agree. this is brilliant.

Agreed. But not only is this posted on their official youtube channel, but it is also listed on their website under "news". Perhaps the one to be aired on TV is more "Viva la Vida" and this one is more "Death and all his friends". It sure seems that way.

yes i agree, i wonder if they will have 2 videos as a recurrent theme, good and bad, life and death, that would be cool

Oh come on! Please let this be the actual video that'll go on air! I don't care if it's controversial, this video needs to be seen by A LOT OF PEOPLE.

Loved it. Fucking loved it.

Coldplay.com updated (i hope this isnt old)

Now i know there are two Violet Hill videos...the dancing politicians and the one with the band. Well Coldplay.com now has a little logo on the top right which takes you to the dancing politicians video.

Is this the official video? hmmm...

I just watched the whole thing, and this is what I think.

This is a FAR SUPERIOR music video in a lot of ways - much more evocative, and it really does fit the lyrics the way the original should have done. Its also a perfect blend between satire, humour and real shocking images. Its far more effective. I can see why they didn't release this one as the official video, with all the violence and controversial issues it addresses... but I really think this shows what the song is about.

And I noticed this was posted by the OFFICIAL Coldplay Youtube channel... so that means the band themselves have had a hand in this. This is more like it.

Coldplay's first truly political video.

Go Coldplay. I loved it.

Agreed... I love it.

Of course they are not dumb enough to release it as an official video, I mean, coldplay would be banned in USA probably because it is quite uh let's say you don't need to think to know the message of the video