✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

01-Sep-2008: Zenith, Strasbourg - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back home like half an hour, had dinner and everything. My train got stuck and it arrived two hours after it was supposed to. I was dying. I'm so freaking tired. But anyway, I'm sure that's really not what you all want to read..

The "try to meet the band" chapter :

I had an amazing journey !! it was definitely one of the greatest things that had happened to me in my life so far !

Mariano (aka The_escapist) and me went to the venue as soon as we got to Strasbourg. We saw a roadie there and Mariano asked him where was Chris Martin. The roadie told us they werent there yet, they'd only be there in the afternoon. So we decided to go the back entrance. There we spoke to a security guy who knew nothing.. not even the band, he actually thought they were german. He wouldnt let us in obviously.. We went to grab some food. And then when we came back another security guy, the one who knows things, told us : YEAH THEY'RE COMING! So, we're like OMG ! 12:30 That's when we saw the big black cars .. I waved my banner on the "Play the amazing Cemeteries of London" side, and we started screaming names ! Haha i was so excited. They didnt stop.. but we saw them getting into the venue. Well, Mariano saw Jonny, Guy and Will. And I immediatly saw Phil who was waiting to take his stuff in the trunk. So the fangirl not so deep inside of me cant help but yell his name ! He seemed embarassed but flattered, I hope ! Then we screamed for Will. He waves. The others were already inside. I didnt get to see them..

Around 1pm (I think) Christopher (aka Christo670) texted me and said I should go to the main entrance because people are starting to get in line.. Dammit, it's too early ! So I go because I dont want to miss the first row. From outside we could hear the soundcheck. They played VH several times and then went on with 42 and Lost! Mariano, Marina (aka G o A) and me decided to go back because we thought they would go out for a break or something. and that's when I said 'Guy must come out of the building because he needs to smoke' .. no sign of them and Christopher is stressing me by calling and saying people are gathering and that I really should go.. So silly me went back, while Mariano and Marina stayed. But 10 minutes later Mariano called me and said 'You gotta come, Guy's outside smoking!!' HOLY SHIT ! I ran like hell ! I'm sure I wouldve beaten Guy in the marathon ! no serisouly, I was exhausted, my legs were burning.. But I saw him so it was worth it. Unfortunately he didnt come to us.. again!

We went back to the main entrance for the last time to be in the line, when we heard Cemeteries of London !!!!!!!!!!! Did they really see my banner ? yeah I think they did, but I know that wasnt the reason why they played it. It was surely already planned. But I like to think that I have something to do with it ! haha !

so then bla bla bla.. waiting.. hours.. rain.. no umbrella.. etc etc..

The "waiting inside the venue and opening act" chapter :

We got in at 6:30pm ! I was FRONT ROW as you all know ! It was a pretty good crowd I must say. Security guards just in front of us were giving out water bottles. Thank God because it was pretty HOT ! yuck, I hate being that close to strangers..

8:30pm : Albert Hammond Jr came on stage and was GREAT ! Awesome musician, really. I didnt know him before. Only looked up for a few vids on youtube. But it was pretty good! sadly, no one knew who he was so the crowd didnt really follow during the songs. But in between we did our best to give him great support ! till one girl asked him what was his name.. to which he replied 'I dont have one'.. he seemed gutted wondering what he was doing here, or maybe not I dont really know.

9:15pm, Coldplay's staff got everything ready. It was so exciting to see them putting everything in the right place, testing instruments and mics. The crowd got more and more PUMPED !

ps : I started writing this an hour ago.. sorry i have too much to say.. the actual live review is on its way.

pps : I was on the news tonight :dance: we saw me running to get inside the venue ! :lol:

On which channel? Perhaps on TF1? :D :P

Here's the clip of today's evening news! Go to 33:00 min. :D I'm sure I just saw you running to get inside there haha.

http://tf1.lci.fr/infos/jt/0,,4055588,00-le-journal-televise-du-2-septembre-2008-20h-.html

could yo maybe try to rip that? I can here the sound but now see the image!

I'd love to see Chavi running for Guy

Oh, I had seen that camera team!

And I really wonder why they're first taking the water bottles away and inside security is giving out water again. But with the risk that maaany people don't get that water and are breaking down. And there were people who had broke down!! :thinking:

Postcarss from far away!

Hey you guys!!!!

The concert was wonderful!

Anyway,

for those who wanted to know...the piano playing of Chris shortly after the Hardest part was a new song, never ever played before...its name is Postcards from far away!!!!!!

I know it for sure, i have played it a bit on the piano myself, since there is a wallpaper on Coldplay's website, which shows the score of this song!

See you soon,

The LIVE REVIEW chapter :

9:25pm (or something) the curtains went down ! and 9:30pm (or something) the band came on stage ! OMG OMG OMG ! They all walked to their spots, Chris was jumping around, picked up their instruments and IT WAS ON !

Life in technicolor : my heart exploded just hearing the first note! I couldnt believe I was there. It was really intense, didnt expect that much adrenaline at once. They were so into it. It was even more amazing to them really enjoying it and playing for us, performing for a crowd!

Vh : I loved it ! I was so impressed to see them performing live. I was totally amazed. And having freaking GUY BERRYMAN just in front of me didnt help ! I thought the piano at the end was much better, but I changed my mind since last night. Chris is perfect at the guitar ! when the song ended I held as high as I could my banner on the "Nothing matters except life and the music Coldplay make' side. Jonny stopped to read it ! how cute ! I was excited because I saw him reading it, so I was jumping up and down when I noticed Guy was trying to read but couldnt because I was going nuts, so I stopped and he got to read it ! Yaay ! so then I put it down on the floor.

Clocks : OMG !!! I love the song so much, I love every single live performances they did, and this one was the best ! I'm biased I know. The crowd went bananas when Chris started on the piano. The lights effects were awesome, really cool !

CoL : SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ! HUGE HIGHLIGHT of the night ! The lalalalalalays were immense and how great was Guy on the piano ! what can i tell ? it was perfect !

CSC : Chris, Jonny and Guy gathered and played close to each others ! it was great because they stayed on the main stage when I thought they would go on Guy's catwalk.

God put a smile : Awesome version ! always loved the bassline of that song.

42 : I have blurred memory of that song.. I think it was great ! haha ! I know I was singing.. I know I got the lyrics at the end too early ! haha.. but nothing particular ! I believe it's everything about that part is gone because of the next song they played.

DONT PANIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :heart: :dance: FAVORITE SONG OF ALL TIME. And I requested it like a BILLION time ! I wouldve done ANYTHING to hear it and TADAAAAAAA ! THANKS COLDPLAY, I LOVE YOU ! :nice: Definitely the best moment of the concert for me. It was so special. Even more because they did the perfect version of it, which is the simple one, the old one, with Jonny's singing ! I almost had a heart attack when Chris said "Jonny Buckland" :nice: :heart:

Yellow : Chris started to speak French and Guy looked at him all smiling and giggling ! awwww :nice: :P he said their French was shit (which really isnt!!!!) and that it was the best place to start touring again.. (something like that).

so yellow is a classic, everybody was singing ! and it feels awesome to all get along and sing together !

THP : everybody turned around to Guy's catwalk to see the piano which was waiting for Chris. It was a great moment, but having heard it two days before on the BBC show. I wasnt so much into it. So I turned around back to the stage to take pictures of Guy ! HAHAHA ! He looked scared and I think he didnt understand why I wasnt paying attention to Chris nor the song. :lol: but then turned to Chris and listened to the song :lol:

In my place : Weeeeee ! Will on the drums always giving me goose bumps ! then Jonny came to our side and was fucking amazing ! the whole song was an epic Jon/Chris episod !

SOS : The song that made me fall in love with Coldplay ! :nice: really special moment !

Viva la vida : Finally, I can see Will better ! not so easy when you're front row. I barely saw him all night .. so it was a really awesome time ! and of course the song is amazing live, the crowd was perfect during the Oooh ooh Ooh ooH !

Lost! : I completely forgot Guy was doing the boom boom thing at the beginning ! it was GOOD, not my favorite song but I liked it very much !

That's when the band went to the back, and that's when Chris took his shirt off !!!!

The scientist acoustic : awwwwww ! Chris spoke French again, said he loved us but not in a sexual way. Asked us if we wanted a sexual song, and then added 'No I know you all want some looovee'. He dedicated the song to Albert Hammond Jr which was nice. It was weird to see the band so far :P but the song sounded great !

Death will never conquer : WILL IS THE BEST ! his voice is beautiful ! people were surprised, some of them (well the ones next to me) didnt know the song!

they went back to play Politik : SQUEEEE ! my second favorite ! they wouldve played White Shadows and I wouldve died for real! The song's so powerful live. it was so intense ! I freaking loved it, didnt want it to end !

Lovers in Japan : OMG ! the confettis are beautiful !!!!! when they come down and fly all over the crowd, it's gorgeous !! The song's another favorite of the moment. I was blown away !

Death and all his friends : awwwww ! the ending is so close.. i'm enjoying every single piece ! and when they all sing together, Oh wooow !

They waved and went off stage.. yeah right I know they'd come back ! so I took my banner and held it up high again ! they came back and Will saw it this time. He was going to his spot and suddenly stopped to read it and smiled ! yaaaaay !!!!!!

The dubliners (sorry I didnt recognize it) : it was pretty cool ! they added new stuff to it ! :nice: not the last song I was hoping for but IM SURELY NOT GOING TO COMPLAIN !

so, they waved again and went off for good. Guy took a last picture of the crowd and left..

I asked the roadies for a setlist or anything else they could give me.. but they said no. and the security guys told us to get the hell out.. I took some confettis, as much as I could ! and left.. :nice:

On which channel? Perhaps on TF1? :D :P

Here's the clip of today's evening news! Go to 33:00 min. :D I'm sure I just saw you running to get inside there haha.

http://tf1.lci.fr/infos/jt/0,,4055588,00-le-journal-televise-du-2-septembre-2008-20h-.html

it's like where's Waldo ! now look for me :D

i'm already at the door when the lady bothers answering the interviewer :P

GREAT review Chavi! :kiss: :kiss: Thank you! Glad you had so much fun. :D

I have a question or two, if you're not too tired :shy:

Firstly, why did Chris take his top off? To change it? Or just for the hell of it? Also did he speak French all night? :nice:

Hey you guys!!!!

The concert was wonderful!

Anyway,

for those who wanted to know...the piano playing of Chris shortly after the Hardest part was a new song, never ever played before...its name is Postcards from far away!!!!!!

I know it for sure, i have played it a bit on the piano myself, since there is a wallpaper on Coldplay's website, which shows the score of this song!

See you soon,

blimey, thanks! :D