✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

01-Sep-2008: Zenith, Strasbourg - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pheww! Just finished reading this WHOLE thread! I wasn't around so much the last couple of days so didn't get a chance until now. I've just spend most of my afternoon catching up with everything:freak: LOL.

THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who posted the vids for this show...and for all the reviews...I almost feel like I was there! So so great that CoL was played, and also Don't Panic & The Hardest Part. Someone said how listening to THP you can see that Chris has a great voice and always will--AMEN! I'm not too big a fan of that one, in it's original version, but this piano-only is sooo beautiful!

CHAVI!!!! Ahhh! So excited for you:D. It sounds like you had an amazing (if exhausting) experience. The guys read your banners!!! :o:dance: Yeay! I hope the fact that you had that mishap with the vids doesn't dampen your experience. I'm sorry:cry: I'd be bummed out too. But hey, it seems other people got stuff on vid, so you can still have some souvenirs of the show you went to! And the most important part is that you were there yourself, so close to GUY, breathing the same air LOL

^ thanks Cooky ! that's really sweet of you :nice: I was gutted when I realised the vids were gone and it kinda made me 'depressed' while waiting for the guys to get out of the venue.. :cry: But I was very tired (still am) and only wanted to sleep to forget about it.

but the whole thing still remains a perfect day ! such a perfect day ! :nice:

no me llores Chavi , there is still Lyon and Paris to make up for it :)

yeah ! and I wont do the same mistake twice ! :confused:

my banner after the show when we were waiting for the band.

cimg3792ff9.th.jpgcimg3790ug4.th.jpg

more pics :

cimg3783oc4.th.jpgvlcsnap129468mt2.th.pngcimg3775dd6.th.jpgcimg3771eg8.th.jpgcimg3769ev2.th.jpgvlcsnap129408it1.th.png

I managed to save this vid.. it's really quick at the beginning !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBgtVN29_c

Sorry for the delay :dozey:

1. LIT

Really good song to introduce the concert. Only at the end, we could see correctly the main scene and each member.

2. VH

I was a bit sad because Chris had some problems when he began to sing. Moreover, it was quite difficult to hear his voice properly. Fortunately, the part which follows John's solo was better.

3. Clocks

Always some trouble with the sound. But, the band, well Chris, was more at ease with this old song. Red lasers are enjoyable !

4. Cemeteries of London

When I heart the first sounds, I didn't recognize anything... Maybe, it was just an intro for a song but actually, when Chris sang the first lyrics, I realized that it was an enormous surprise ! This song was played with 5 people (surely Phil played the piano).

I think it was a success for this song which has never been played before...

5. Chinese sleep chant

Nothing special

6. GPAUYF

Very strange version. Strange sound and quick rhythm. Will makes an amazing job on this song. But the best version is still the normal version...

7. 42

Great live song. I prefer the live version to tha album version. The 3rd part give a yearning to dance :dance: :D

8. Don't panic

Classic, nothing special, short... I'd prefer another song...

9. Yellow

Classic too but more enjoyable

10. The hardest part

Beautiful ! It's sure that I like this song but this version (with only Chris and Will at the end) might be better than album version or other live version (e.g. version 2005/6 where all members played it)

Chris added on piano a wonderful transition between this song and IMP

(http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=ueMBN-Pu0wg)

11. IMP

Classic, it gave a great atmosphere

12. SOS

Classic too

13. VLV

It was the best moment for me ! Amazing atmosphere thanks to the crowd !

It's really strange because this song, I like some parts and dislike other parts... But in live, it's not the same thing ! Really intense from beginning to end

14. Lost !

Great live song and even more from John's solo...

15. The scientist

I have the confirmation that this song played in acoustic is a waste... Why? Just beacause it's shorter, played in a stage where all the band isn't at ease (small place, the crowd is really close to it and just before, they have to run to this place...) I'm sure that the classic version of this song is better and another song must be better for this acoustic set...

16. Death will never conquer

Great song thanks to Will's lovely voice !

17. Politk

As Violet hill, Chris had some problems...I've always liked this song but I don't know if it's because it arrived very late in the setlist but it was less enthusiastic...

I think really that a change between VH and Politik might be very good...

18. LIJ

Amazing shiver effects ! Great movie on the screen :D

19. DAAHF

Perfect song to close the concert. Its 3 parts rised in a wonderful crescendo.

20. The Dubliners

New, funny and rhythmic song.

Thanks to the crowd, we got this song. As I've already said, this version was longer thant USA versions.

So, to conclude, it was my 3rd concert of Coldplay. I think, it was the best even if I precise that several things can really be improved...

Summary :

good things :

- 20 songs

- 1st performance of the song Cemeteries of London

- a 2nd rappel

- nice scenery (laser, magic balls, screen, lights)

- the crowd

- Stage B

bad or average things :

- too many short songs (LIT, Don't panic, The scientist, Death will never conquer, GPASUYF, The dubliners)

- The scientist in acoustic

- Yes, Strawberry swing and fix you disappeared suddenly

- problems with Chris' voice (technical and also him)

at one point during I dont remember which song, Miller came just in front of me (I could basically touch him ) to take pictures of the band, so I stopped taking pics of Guy and took pics of him :D :lol: He ran away.. And before the band came on stage, he also took pics of the crowd, I was the only one screaming his name.. poor him ! :P

f1376647xt1.th.jpgf1380487xc2.th.jpgf1384583iw9.th.jpgf1388359of6.th.jpg

I also have a video of him (which I took with my cellphone) playing the piano when the staff was getting everything ready. And Hoppy playing bass and guitar.

Souvenirs of the great Coldplay family are important :smug:

Wow thanks to all for their reports and reviews on the show.

Definitely sounds like it was an interesting show. Finally, we got to hear Cemeteries of London. I am also impressed with the snippet of Postcards from Far Away. This song sounds amazing and I think it will be a hit. Can't wait to hear the full version. I am also enjoying the fact that "The Hardest Part" has been added to the setlist. I especially like this piano version. It is so emotional and beautiful. :)

However, I can't believe "Fix You", "Yes" and "Strawberry Swing" were taken out. :shocked2: I hope they are added back to the setlist in the near future.

at one point during I dont remember which song, Miller came just in front of me (I could basically touch him ) to take pictures of the band, so I stopped taking pics of Guy and took pics of him :D :lol: He ran away.. And before the band came on stage, he also took pics of the crowd, I was the only one screaming his name.. poor him ! :P

f1376647xt1.th.jpgf1380487xc2.th.jpgf1384583iw9.th.jpgf1388359of6.th.jpg

I also have a video of him (which I took with my cellphone) playing the piano when the staff was getting everything ready. And Hoppy playing bass and guitar.

Souvenirs of the great Coldplay family are important :smug:

pics of Miller taking pics - I love it:D

and I'm pretty sure that's the shirt he was wearing at the Today Show;)

Time to go to the train station ... we took a taxi with some other girls who were waiting for them to get out with us. On the highway, Mariano starts screaming : "Chavi !!! Look !!" OMG, the black truck :dance: we opened the windows and showed my banner again. We screamed Jonny and everything, and then our cars went seperate ways .. :bigcry:

Taxi! Follow that SUV!!!!!!:laugh3: