✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

29-Sep-2008: Palamalaguti, Bologna - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

This shot is so much better than mine cause I cheated - I photographed the video screen! The whole situation of him doing that made me incredibly happy tho! Did anyone get a shot of the people holding up the poster with "Crests of Waves - Please Play It!"? I saw Guy get a shot of it, but I think that may be harder to access! LOL

That was Denise's sign!! I think it said "Crest of Waves for Guy's sake!!" :lol:

and yea Guy took a picture of it.. how exciting :D

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my God!!!

Are you trying to kill me? :shocked2: :laugh3:

My heart stopped beating for a second :freak:

This upper part of his body....and look at those shoulders....and this chest hair....:bomb: :bomb:

preggers! :P

n670006783_1370851_8953.jpg

:laugh3: :laugh3:

Does anyone have a video of it?

It'd love to see this :)

Good thing I can type this instead of saying it cos my voice is GONE :D

Yesterday was the best day of my entire life and ..there IS SUCH THING AS COLDPLAY KARMA!!

I traveled for 2 days with my family all the way up to northern Italy. I arrived at the venue at 4:40 pm and met up with the wonderful Coldplayzone staff. As many of you know, I'd gotten the wrong type of ticket and I was supposed to be sitting very far away, but thanks to Simone, Patrizio, Gabrielle, Denise (the Coldplayzone staff) and the nice security guys I was allowed to be really close to the stage. How close?? try SECOND ROW RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE ONE AND ONLY MR. JONNY BUCKLAND!!! :o

But before we get to that... Albert Hammond Jr. I thought it was a pretty impressive band.. although they could've sounded a lot better if it hadn't been for a few technical glitches.

Moving on...

Black see-through curtains rolled down from the ceiling as I tried my hardest to prepare myself psychologically for what was about to happen. After 5 and a half years of waiting.. the time had finally come. People began to scream all over, I looked up at the stage and... Lord help me.... I see Jonny walking up to his guitar.. it was all in slow motion.. he was so tall and so beautiful! I began to feel really weak and dizzy. I was pretty sure I was about to faint so I tried to calm myself down. I look to the side and see Chris and Will arriving as well.. I couldn't see Guy cos of a damn speaker :sad:

During most of Life in Technicolor I was pretty dizzy, I wanted to say something.. anything!! but I was in complete awe. Then Violet Hill, accompanied by lazers.. it sounded so much better than I'd heard in other live recordings!! I quickly recovered and began to sing like there was no tomorrow. I pretty much already knew this setlist by memory but when Clocks came on it was such a great surprise. That one song meant so much to me, I had to sing it with all my heart, which I did of course. Red lazers all over the place as I looked at Chris working that piano (:sneaky:). In My Place was a great sing-along.. I had always wanted to scream those "yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"s while Chris raised the microphone. During Speed of Sound the entire stage went purple and the magic balls turned red.. very similar to the video. I began to sing Cemeteries before they had even started playing it.. I just knew that silence before a song could only lead to Cemeteries lol. I sang and screamed and then had to calm down as they started playing Chinese Sleep Chant.. 1) Cos I don't know the lyrics and 2) Cos I don't like it much :confused:

All was well when they began playing 42.. I knew this was Jonny's time to shine :D Everyone was really hyped by then, jumping and screaming.. it was outstanding to see and hear. I've gotta say the Italian crowd was absolutely amazing!! I had no idea they'd be so energetic!! Even Chris was surprised.. he'd just let everyone sing for him while he stared at the crowd making an "omg they're gonna blow this place down :lol:" kinda face.

Fix You began playing and everyone either gasped or began to cry. Strawberry Swing was full of energy.. I think I may have accidentally hit a few people while jumping :laugh3:. Afterwards, they walked to the right side of the stage and played the "80's" version of GPASUYF followed by the wonderful piano versions of The Hardest Part and Talk.. along with Postcards which sounded very lovely. During that time the crew had changed the main stage a bit.. switching the piano for the keyboards and bringing out Terry Vision :P Everyone went wild as the band moved back to the stage and began to play Viva La Vida.. safe to say there wasn't a single person who wasn't singing or jumping, Chris extended the end of VLV so we could all continue going "oh oh ohhh oh oh ohhh!!!" it was amazing!! Lost! came a bit unexpected.. Guy moved over to the center and gave it his all while playing.. whatever that drum-like instrument is called :lol: you could just feel the trembling all over the place! aahhh!! :bomb:

They left quickly after to appear in the back of the arena.. too far back for me to see them... so I got a chance admire the great magic balls. I was singing so loud a few people actually shushed me :stunned:.

When they came back onstage.. the most unexpected thing happened.. I had totally forgotten about the one song I had always wanted to see them playing live.. but sure enough, there it was!! It was sort of like a bang! Blinding white lights everywhere.. I could hear the drums so much louder than before ...Politik. For me it was the highlight of the night.. at that poing I'd lost most of my voice.. but somehow I found a way to continue singing and screaming Jonny's name :lol: ah.. I'm even more in love with Politik now then I was before. Lovers In Japan followed, with black and white images on-screen. I heard gasping and I looked up to see one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen.. so many colorful butterflies, it was as if LIJ had now become background music for this great scene :lol:

Lights were dimmed as Chris sat in the piano and began playing DAAHF. Something happened during the concert and I'm pretty sure it was during this song... after I'd been screaming out Jonny's name the ENTIRE TIME.. I decided to give it another shot since it was pretty quiet. I screamed Jonny's name as loud as loud as I possibly could, his eyes began searching for that creepy girl who wouldn't shut up (:uhoh:) when he finally laid his eyes on me... slow motion again :o!! He looked directly at me and smiled ...OH SHIT!!!! :o:dead:

I knew he'd heard me screaming his name many times before but he was too shy to look :smug:

After that came the great chant of "No I don't want to battle from beginning to end!!..." ...awesomeness..

The band said goodbye and walked around the stage waving. I could finally see them perfectly!! They were all so much more beautiful in person!!!!! They had great big smiles on their faces.. very genuine ones.. not I'm-smiling-cos-I-have-to smiles. I have to say, Guy is absolutely gorgeous in person :stunned:.

They left the stage and the crowed continued cheering and clapping. They came back, the lights dimmed, everyone went quiet and I kept screaming "Yellow!! play Yellow!!!!!" (:rolleyes:). They gathered in a little circle and then moved back to their spots. Chris got ready to jump... I knew this was it.. Yellow :wacky:. It had an impressively sudden start, all the lights went yellow and I truly felt like I was living my dream.. I clearly remember Guy's face peaking over to look at the crowd in front of Jonny and Chris's blue eyes shining like I had never seen before :nice:.

They said their final goodbye. Chris said a lot of things but there was too much screaming going on to be able to hear anything. They exited the stage as The Escapist played. We all just kind of raised our arms while looking up and singing "And.. in the end..."

Tears began to run through my face. I had just seen the 4 people I loved most in my entire life. It was trully an amazing show. Thank you so much Will, Chris, Jonny and Guy.

After we exited the arena, we went around it to see if we'd catch a glimpse of the band getting into the van.. but after 10 minutes they told us the band had already left a while ago.

The crew was busy getting all the equipment into large trucks. I recognized a lot of them from the AROBTTH Tour programme and from the Today show pictures. I spoke to one of them and he said the band had really left, he asked me if I'd be going to the Milan concert and I said "No.. I've already traveled far enough". Something about that just moved him cos before I knew it.. he was getting out an official crew t-shirt and giving it to me :o squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! What a nice guy... he should get a raise :nice::P

The balloon choreography worked out pretty well in the beginning. Balloons were flying all over the place even before Albert Hammond Jr. One of those balloons ended up being juggled on Chris's head :lol:

A lot of the people who attended yesterday's concert are now in yet another queue line for the Milan concert.. including the Coldplayzone staff. The huge banners created by them also looked amazing. They said "HEAR YOUR ITALIAN CAVALRY CHOIRS SINGING". I couldn't take any pictures but the ones they took will be uploaded tomorrow morning hopefully.

I realize I may have written a bit too much.. but hey!! this was my first concert!! :D

I'm still shaking and in total shock ......I'll never get over it :wacky:

OMG ALEEE!!!

I've got like goosebumps and stuff i swear! God I'm so happy for you! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I was really surprised to get your text about moving up to the front, thats just amazing!! You couldn't have done that if you'd been waiting in a queue all day I reckon!! Wow, I'm so incredibly jealous, yet delighted you had such a great time!! *starts searching desperately for leftover UK tour tickets*

:laugh3:

I'd just like to add... I thought Chris's voice was gonna sound horrible judging by the other recent live recordings, but his voice sounded spectacular!! Not that he even needed to sing.. the entire crowd proved to be able to do that for him :D

I like this video.. it captures a bit of what I'm trying to say

[ame=http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=00IzlABI74o]YouTube - Coldplay-Fix You(Live)@Bologna 29/09/2008[/ame]

OMG ALEEE!!!

I've got like goosebumps and stuff i swear! God I'm so happy for you! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I was really surprised to get your text about moving up to the front, thats just amazing!! You couldn't have done that if you'd been waiting in a queue all day I reckon!! Wow, I'm so incredibly jealous, yet delighted you had such a great time!! *starts searching desperately for leftover UK tour tickets*

:laugh3:

Jakey I can't believe it :cry::cry:

I feel different and everything... and holy crap I'm still shaking!! this isn't normal!!

Jakey I can't believe it :cry::cry:

I feel different and everything... and holy crap I'm still shaking!! this isn't normal!!

Yeah, I know what you mean!! Its like you've spent so many years listening to a band, watching them on the tv, and online, and then finally you get to see them in the flesh! And they're real, everyday people!!

I think my first real concert was Keane, and I was amazed how short they were! Just cos you always imagine bands and celebrities to be larger than life :laugh3:

And the shaking? awww! I'm guessing you're still beaming from ear to ear as well? That'll probably last a good few weeks!! :D

And you got politik live? After all of your Live 2003 listens? God I'm so happy for you!!! I had a terrible feeling they might not play it, but yay!!! :D

It was pretty much the opposite for me though.. I though they'd be short (or at least not too tall) but they're huge :stunned::P I swear.. in the beginning when they started walking towards their instruments I just looked at Jonny and he was like a walking giant.... a sexy walking giant :wacky:

And yess OMFG!! Politik!!! That was so mind-blowing I can't even begin to describe it!! Will's drumming and all those white lights... AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO SEE THEM NOWWWW :wacko:

p.s.. jake get on msn