✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

29-Sep-2008: Palamalaguti, Bologna - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

puppy grenade

Did anyone else notice the plush puppy that was tossed from the crowd onto Chris's piano at the end of Fix You? He just picked it up, kissed it, put it back on the piano then left the stage. I got a video clip of it that I'm uploading to youtube now. :) I also have a clip of Will fantastically singing Death Will Never Conquer. I'm so excited to share but youtube upload is so slow! O.o*

Ale, I'm so glad you had a great time! I loved your review... :heart: I envy you so much for being there.:cry::bigcry:

...and Chris was topless!! :shocked2:

Thanx :nice:

and yes omg!! I screamed so loud when I saw Chris running without a shirt... everyone around me turned and looked at me like a freak :lol:

Did anyone get a shot of the people holding up the poster with "Crests of Waves - Please Play It!"? I saw Guy get a shot of it, but I think that may be harder to access! LOL

As Aleja already said it was my banner, Guy saw it during Cemeteries, when he was on the back to play the piano and a had huge smile on his face :nice:

but I won't spoil my review so I'll write later on what happened when the show was almost over, I don't know how I managed not to faint :lol:

As Aleja already said it was my banner, Guy saw it during Cemeteries, when he was on the back to play the piano and a had huge smile on his face :nice:

but I won't spoil my review so I'll write later on what happened when the show was almost over, I don't know how I managed not to faint :lol:

:stunned: oh what a tease ! what happened at the end ? :dance:

Screw the review..I found two videos so you get what happend

they were coming back to play Yellow, Chris had already seen my banner going out, but he read it once again and went to Guy patting on his shoulder and telling him to see it (I suppose he told him he had already seen it, big smile on his face again), then they played Yellow and right at the end Guy took up his camera and came to the front hinting at me to hold up the banner

this video has it in full Chris pointing at the banner, and Guy coming in the front (at 5:28 :nice:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbRJPRSHvJ8

this is from another angle (at 0:49)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_6g7Fy4vZk

bad thing is that I didn't took any pic since I was holding the banner, so if anyone finds some of that moment please let me know, god everyone around me screamed so loud (well uhm, there were mainly girls so you get why :laugh3:)

they were coming back to play Yellow, Chris had already seen my banner going out, but he read it once again and went to Guy patting on his shoulder and telling him to see it (I suppose he told him he had already seen it, big smile on his face again), then they played Yellow and right at the end Guy took up his camera and came to the front hinting at me to hold up the banner

this video has it in full Chris pointing at the banner, and Guy coming in the front (at 5:28 :nice:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbRJPRSHvJ8

this is from another angle (at 0:49)

bad thing is that I didn't took any pic since I was holding the banner, so if anyone finds some of that moment please let me know, god everyone around me screamed so loud (well uhm, there were mainly girls so you get why :laugh3:)

wow great Denise congrats.:)

I just thought this deserved to be on this thread too :nice:..

Kingguythmb.jpgRoadie #42 - Blog #36

October 2, 2008 1:32 pm

#42 is your Italian stallion

news_line.png

As we arrive at the airport in Zurich, ready to head for Bologna, we see that there are some fans gathered at the entrance. Not so unusual, except that they are the very same fans that were waiting outside the hotel when we just left. Not only do they know our movements, but they've done the same journey as us and beaten us here. It gets even more strange when Trainer Dan (who keeps the fellas in shape) mentions that they were around when he and Guy went out for a run. I'm not even sure if they weren't at the airport when we arrived yesterday. They've collared the guys for photos and signatures several times in one city. It's like some strange inverse micro-touring. The band are travelling from city to city to play to as many fans as possible and here are a group of fans travelling all over a single city to see the band as many times as possible. They're harmless enough and pleasant, but you have to wonder how exactly they know where everyone's going to be and when - particularly when we generally have little idea from one minute to the next!

The trip to Bologna is quick, but beautiful. Here's a quick view from our morning ride into work:

Alps.jpg

It's another very boomy arena in Bologna, which once again brings out the RAWK! in soundcheck. Back In Black gets another rollicking run through, which morphs into 136. I'm not sure I've heard that one since they did it in Reykjavik in 2002 with Tim from Ash on guitar. Also this afternoon, comes another run through of Glass of Water. Today sees another rather interesting additional guitar player join the camp for this track. The chorus on this one is pretty monstrous. It seems to fit huge echo-y arenas perfectly. It's rocky and it's joyous and it expresses a band at the top of their game very well I think.

Italy can occasionally be somewhat challenging for roadies. Things here are, hmmm, how does one put this? "More relaxed", I guess is the best phrase to use. Vital things such as the huge electrical supplies that power the entire show can be rather cheerfully vague and efforts to correct major issues can be met with an even more vague shrug. The thing that overrides all of this though and makes it worthwhile is the Italian crowds. They are unfailingly wonderful.

I'm under the stage having a tidy up when the doors open to the punters in Bologna. This lot are already singing the Viva tune as they stream onto the floor. An Italian fansite has also organised the bringing of balloons, which they're bouncing and batting about the place long before the band take the stage. If they're this noisy and excitable at an empty stage, the gig can only be a good 'un.

And indeed it is. I can't remember a louder crowd this whole tour. It's a great point in the tour to get a crowd like this. The set has settled to the point where the band can actually start really relaxing and enjoying it, as well as being aware of what's going on around them. We're also about five weeks into a run of shows and frankly, everyone is knackered. A vibe like tonight lifts everyone like a very, loud cheering and screaming shot in the arm. The balloons make an appearance on the B Stage, as one makes its way up. Chris announces that he will perform "the next song as a fat man. This is what Coldplay will look like in thirty years' time" The balloon goes up the shirt and true to his word, the song is delivered in a most overweight fashion.

FatMan.jpg

As well as balloons, there are gold paper crowns, presumably in tribute to Anton Corbijn's Viva La Vida video. Chris picks one up in the midst of the song and it soon ends up perched on Guy's head. Rather suits him, actually.

King.jpg

This brings us to Milan. Glass of Water gets another airing, again with mystery extra band member. The crowd arrive with even more balloons and even more gold paper crowns. They're also just as loud as last night. It's a top, top show which brings us towards the end of what has been an utterly fantastic touring leg. There's a whole bunch of touring to go before this campaign is over, but if it's all as good as this past month or so has been, we're all going to go home for Christmas very happy.

4shot.jpg

Roadie #42.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbRJPRSHvJ8this is from another angle (at 0:49)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_6g7Fy4vZkbad thing is that I didn't took any pic since I was holding the banner, so if anyone finds some of that moment please let me know, god everyone around me screamed so loud (well uhm, there were mainly girls so you get why :laugh3:)

aww !!! That is so GREAT :nice: I'm so happy for you !

Crests of waves :heart:

cant wait for your review !

Ale it was great to meeting you as well and I'm happy you get to be in the GA in front of Jonny :nice:

Ok so, I don't think I will be too long with my review, Aleja already said how great this concert was.

I guess being in the front row make you see and feel the atmosphere a lot different than being far back or on the stands, you know that you're surrounded by die-hard fans, who were in queue since 7 in the morning if not before and sang every single song atop of their lungs (of course many other die-hard fans were all over the place).

We arrived at the venue at 8.45 and as I said there were already some people at the two gates for the parterre (the GA)..it was a long wait till 7pm, we wandered around to a supermarket near there to buy something to eat, went to buy something at the official merchandising shop (I got the tour program :nice:) and we also tried to wait for them at the back where they should have entered, but when we arrived Jonny and Will were already in, we stayed there for at least one hour since Chris and Guy were to arrive but someone came to tell us we needed to come back in queue in order to keep our spots...and a few minutes later a guy who was waiting with us told us a car arrived 10 minutes after we left but didn't stop.

When the gates opened everyone started running as fast as possible..me and a friend of mine managed to find a spot in the front row on the right side and we had to stay sit till the GA was so full that people stood up to really take the rail..luckily it was not long enough till Albert came out. Must say I enjoyed his songs, tough after in the third the song began to seem all the same (must be cause I didn't know any).

When he went off stage all the CP roadies came to set up the equipment and people started singing the Viva la Vida chorus..then they played a rap song and a walzer, which stopped short and then all the lights went out.

From here on everything was perfect for me..Life in technicolor is amazing and we began moving our ballons and kept doing it through Violet Hill.

Then Clocks, which is always a highlight of the show, I loved the lasers, and In my place..Jonny came to our side and everyone screamed his name, he joined Guy and Chris at the beginning of the catwalk :nice:

During Speed of Sound we could finally see the magic balls in action, and they were amazing..all the lights were blue while they were green, yellow and red.

After this Chris asked to turn on the lights, apologised for his terrible italian and told us to enjoy the Monday (he had to asked Jonny which day it was) evening and they started play Cemeteries, which everyone sing along to and I was really surprised.

*insert fangirl comment: while Chris was talking Guy saw my Crests of Waves banner and pulled out a smile like this :D..well a bit more embarassed*

anyway it was the turn of Chinese Sleep Chant that I effing love, that song rocks live and I'm glad they're not dumping it, and 42 with everyone singing "you thought you might be a ghost". Fix You is always great live, even tough this is probably not the right spot in the setlist, and Strawberry Swing is so uplifting, with all the audience following Guy's and Jonny's hand clapping :nice:

Then it was the turn for the B-stage, where they played the techno version of God put a smile and Talk. Must say that I liked the second one while I'm not that sure about the first, it's just that the original version of God kicks ass live, especially the last part. The Hardest Part on piano is absolutely beautiful and a nice surprise, as well as Postcards from Far Away.

Viva la Vida started right away and the ohhh ohhhohh as well, I though the venue was going to fall down with all the people singing so loud, we really overwhelmed Chris' voice in a lot of songs but this in particular (and Miller agrees :wacky:), than there was Lost!, absolutely brilliant live.

When they disappared people feared the concert was already over, and then all of a sudden they realised they were on the back of the venue ready to sing The Scientist and Death Will Never Conquer (Will sung perfectly as always).

Viva la Vida remix is what in Italian we call "una truzzata", but it was fun as we started to sing along the chrous again..until Politik started, and I got the shivers because it's my favourite song ever, I'm so happy they decided to bring it back and now is regular in the setlist.

This time I had promised myself to follow Lovers in Japan without looking over me and try catching some butterfiles like I did in Barcelona, but it's impossible not to and I guess everyone on the GA did the same, they're too perfect for this song.

And then first time to listen to Death and all his friends, and I may sound repetitive but it was amazing too, the chorus gives goosebumps.

They were all so happy at the end and as usual they bowed before going away...to come back for another song, and everyone was yelling for Yellow because it's THE SONG and I'm glad they played it acoustic only a few times, this is how it must be played, rockier.

*insert fangirl comment: and the rest about the banner and the picture you already know*

That's it, I'm trying to collect all the memories but it's difficult because I only slept two hours that night and then I had to prepare myself for another concert, the review of which will be in its thread..hopefully tomorrow..just know it was even better :D