✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Help Oxfam America & See Coldplay! (Volunteer Discussion Thread)

Oxfam America is looking for supporters to help spread the word about our campaigns to create lasting solutions to poverty, hunger, and injustice at every Coldplay show on the U.S. Viva La Vida tour...including the NYC contest show!

For more info on how you can join our efforts, please visit:

http://www.oxfamamerica.org/concerts

Thanks,

Oxfam America

logo_h_ko_bw.gif

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kmm1482

i may sound stupid, but what is 'bump'?

I signed up for the Cleveland, Oh and Detriot, Mi shows! I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wanna get picked!!! LOOVE Oxfam!

Guest kmm1482
not stupid :) bump is when you want to push the thread back up to the top of the page. so you're bumping it up, but you have nothing new to add to the discussion.

Very good, thanks for the info! :)

Thanks for all the great questions!

Because of local venue rules, we prefer that all volunteers are 18+. However, we'll try to accomodate 16+ if you are volunteering with a parent or guardian.

Our volunteers at shows like Coldplay typically arrive about an hour before doors open, receive a brief training and update about Oxfam's current campaigns, and then circulate among fellow music fans as they enter the building to recruit new supporters to sign up for Oxfam's email lists, which allow folks to take actions from their computers.

Volunteers will then get to watch the show, and as the final encore is played, the volunteers meet up again to recruit more people as the crowd leaves the show.

It's actually a lot of fun, and a great way to meet other Coldplay fans and Oxfam supporters from your area, not to mention the amazing feeling most volunteers have after spending a little time helping others in need.

Hope these details help.

There are still spots available at many shows, and I'll try to post a list of cities not filled up yet here soon.

Thanks for your support!

http://www.oxfamamerica.org/concerts

logo_h_ko_bw.gif

Hey Coldplayers-

Just a quick note to thank the dozen or so people who stopped by our table at Madison Square Garden to sign up with us and who mentioned they learned about us on Coldplaying.com!

I also wanted to let you know that there are still volunteers needed for upcoming shows in San Jose, Las Vegas, Chicago, and most shows from August on. Apply here: http://www.oxfamamerica.org/concerts

Our volunteers at Madison Square Garden were treated to AMAZING tickets, as we were placed by the band on the railing right next to the stage on Jonny's side during the show.

Hope you can join us at a show near you!

Thanks for your support,

logo_h_ko_bw.gif