✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Help Oxfam America & See Coldplay! (Volunteer Discussion Thread)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your oxfam seats will most prob not be on the floor. what happens is that the production crew goes around upgrading seats to the people without floor seats or poor seats in general and oxfam gets the leftovers...the first time i had great seats on the lower level but then i had nosebleeds. just volunteer and save your others seats.

I applied for the Houston show as well and I got an email yesterday saying I was on the back up list in case someone did not show up. I really hope I get called, that would be amazing. I've tried to volunteer at every show I've gone to and have never been chosen before so this would be great!

I hope you get chosen, too, Tanya! My brother got selected the first time around and I got an email about being put on the backup list. Within a few days, I was contacted again and now I am also volunteering. It will be my second time helping Oxfam at a Coldplay show. It's such a fun experience; I do hope you get to help out!

THANK YOU OXFAM!!!! What an amazing experience the entire night in Atlanta was. Pete and Jaqueline you two were awesome and the night was full of positive energy! I got 42 signatures and Mike got 50! We loved every minute of it and the seats we got were SO GOOD!!!! Anyone contemplating volunteering should just do it. You will not regret spending your time working with them to get the word out for a great cause! And last but not least an amazing show from 4 very dedicated musicians!

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! I feel blessed to have been a part of it all!

Jeff

I dunno, and I feel bad that you guys didnt. We were in section 116 about 13 rows back. My jaw hit the floor and I assumed everyone that night experienced a similar view. I have to say that Greeneyes' pics from that location are awesome. I hope you get blessed with an upgrade to the front on the 11th. I was happy just to get to go and would have sat anywhere they put me. It was worth while helping out Oxfam and Id do it again even if the view was obstructed.

For anyone considering volunteering, stop considering and DO IT!!!!!!!!

Oxfam is a class act organization and Lori and I had fun volunteering Friday in Orlando. It is such a good feeling when you find someone who is interested and can arm them with the resources they need to start getting involved.

Kudos to Oxfam and Pete:clap:

Here we are after the Orlando show with Pete:D

Pete.jpg

• 6 months later...

oh man... after reading these experiences I REALLY want to try and volunteer. But I'm going to the Gorge show with my family and I dunno that they would want to come early and I've never been to the gorge so I'd be freaked out driving there alone... hmm!

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM OXFAM WHEN I VOLUNTEER FOR A COLDPLAY CONCERT?

I GOT ACCEPTED TO BE A VOLUNTEER AT THE SACRAMENTO, CA VENUE. WHAT CAN I EXPECT?

DO I HAVE TO BUY A TICKET? DO I GET GOOD SEATS?

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME OUT??

No. You do not have to buy a ticket. You work at getting signatures until 20 minutes before Coldplay comes onto the stage. We had lawn seats so if you want better seats then you should buy a ticket. It's not hard work and it's quite nice because you can meet other people who like Coldplay and are concerned about the world. I would suggest that you wear good comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water. You may not think you will need the water but you do because you are going to be talking a lot.

Oh, I believe this thread is in the wrong section.

Oxfam...stop messing around with me!!!!!!!!!

I got told that i was accepted for the Houston show 07/22 but in the message it clearly says we have to be 18 years or older... jeez!!.... so... what am i suppose to do?!!

Oxfam...stop messing around with me!!!!!!!!!

I got told that i was accepted for the Houston show 07/22 but in the message it clearly says we have to be 18 years or older... jeez!!.... so... what am i suppose to do?!!

Ivet,

Please write a note back to the persom who sent you the note (Probably Flora at the Oxfam office), and let her know your concern, and she'll give you the scoop.

Thanks,

Bob F.

Oxfam America