✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Help Oxfam America & See Coldplay! (Volunteer Discussion Thread)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does no one read the posts about their own?:wtf:

17-10-2008 12:52 AM

Did you mean 'above' their own? Yeah I'm still trying to confirm if I need my ticket to get in, even though I realize I will have a reserved seat with Oxfam, but I would love to give my purchased ticket to my son. I emailed Oxfam and they didn't even answer the question. Don't want to get there and not be able to get him in. I am so excited though, nothing like this ever happens to me!

does no one read the posts about their own?:wtf:

17-10-2008 12:52 AM

Did you mean 'above' their own? Yeah I'm still trying to confirm if I need my ticket to get in, even though I realize I will have a reserved seat with Oxfam, but I would love to give my purchased ticket to my son. I emailed Oxfam and they didn't even answer the question. Don't want to get there and not be able to get him in. I am so excited though, nothing like this ever happens to me!

if you get picked to volunteer, you don't need a ticket to get in; Oxfam will give you your pass to get into the venue when you meet up with them an hour before the doors open.

Wow! I got picked to do the show 10/27 at Izod Center. So excited! Now i get to go to both of the Coldplay shows in Jersey, 10/26 and 10/27. Cant wait for next weekend!!

hey i got picked for the philadelphia show. now i got 2 emails from them. one saying to confirm i signed up. and the second stating that i was picked. i was wondering if you got the third email, what type of info is included?

hey i got picked for the philadelphia show. now i got 2 emails from them. one saying to confirm i signed up. and the second stating that i was picked. i was wondering if you got the third email, what type of info is included?

Yeah the 3rd email was basically logistical info about the venue, when you should arrive/ what you should bring, and contact information. Also it included lots of stuff from the webinar that you probably got a link to in the first email. Have fun at the Philly show!

did anyone get selected for the ATL show on 11/5? I'm coming from a distance and I had applied with a friend.. unfortunetly only I got selected, if someone got selected and already has a seat and is looking to sell their seat or something, let me know please, thanks!

try asking here for spare tickets too :D

Can't believe the upgrades were given to people here, that's incredibly awesome Though I'm insanely jealous too.

I volunteered with Oxfam tonight so I arrived at 530pm. But the Izod Center is a mess, they almost wouldn't let us park our car b/c of the Jets game. The security people didn't know to leave one door open for people to go in and everyone(including venue staff) were bitching about that.

We saw Pete around 5:40pm and then met up with the rest of the volunteers. There were like ~13 volunteers tonight. Our job was to get people to sign up for the Oxfam e-mail list, we did it from 7pm-9pm. I thought it was going to be easier but people are surprisingly apprehensive about signing up for stuff. Maybe it's that NYC area people mentality. But most people were at least nice about not signing up. Except for that one guy who told one of the other volunteers that he lives for injustice. wth.

As for the show, Pete had various tickets. He says he gets them from from the production crew. I got a nosebleed section one, but I upgraded myself to a 2nd row 200 level for the second half of the concert. The place being packed made upgrading earlier in the show kinda hard. I'm sorry to say this, but the fans in the nosebleed section were pretty dead. The view was still decent, and they still sounded great. I was so excited that "The Hardest Part" was played in full, not like the last time in CT. Chris made some jokes about drainage problems in Ohio since all the Joe the Plumbers were busy.

I got up for a break when the guys ran into the crowd, but positioned myself pretty close to them after I got back and had a very good view of them. The second half of the concert was great, I finally was in a more happening section and they were a lot more into it. I got more into it and the place went nuts during Yellow. And then it was over. :-( Sorry I have no pictures to post, wasn't really in the best positions. I'll be back there tomorrow and I'll be ready. Please also, if any of you have not signed up on the Oxfam email list please do so with one of the volunteers around the arena or at one of the 2 tables.

[halokiti]

this from last night's thread

Just wanted to post a quick shout-out and thank you to everyone who stopped by our tables last night at the Izod Center and mentioned that you were Coldplaying.com members. Your support is appreciated!

And thanks again to the Coldplaying.com folks who volunteered with us as well!

If you are going to the 2nd NJ show tonight, or any of the upcoming shows, stop by the tables and say hello. It's always great to meet the people who post here!

logo_h_ko_bw.gif

Im thinking of volunteering for the Nov 25 show at Honda Center. Sounds like everyone is having a good time with this. I don't have ticket's yet...missed the sale, ebay is way over priced. Looks like a great way to get it, gonna see if some of my friends can go too. Thanks Oxfam for the opprotunity!

I need to hear from people have ALREADY volunteered 4 OXFAM:

I will be volunteering for Oxfam next Monday in Detroit and am very excited. I didn't know when I signed up that I would have a free ticket to get in. Now they said my husband can volunteer w/ me too, so now I have 2 extra tickets. I don't want to give them away if my Oxfam seats aren't as good as my purchased tickets, but Oxfam says they won't know where the seats are until the day of the concert. My tickets are for the middle of the floor. Where have the Oxfam volunteers been sitting thus far??? I know some are by the stage, but what's the worse I can expect?

thanks, Robin