✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Help Oxfam America & See Coldplay! (Volunteer Discussion Thread)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! I can volunteer for Bloc Party in NYC. Thanks for the heads up. Might have to see what other Coldplay shows I could find a way to :) And its a great cause. Been a member for years now.

Btw - if youre reading this Oxfam - have you ever considered setting up a booth to raise awareness at Summerstage?? It seems like that'd be the perfect place to do that seeing that this year we have bands from all over (just had a day out with a bunch of bands from Africa). I can prob help you get connected with the right person if its of interest. I volunteer there as well.

I'm so glad that people are getting into this. It helps remind me that there are still loads of great people in the world :nice:

xNeverwherex - might you know of other organizations that also need summer volunteers? I'm out in california.. I've been having trouble finding places that are asking for more than donations :confused: I've got very little money, but some extra time now, and I'd love to do something good with my summer.

I'm a massive neil gaiman fan btw (:

M.

where abouts in cali are you?? and nice to find other Gaiman fans out there. I am sometimes in touch with Aaron Axelson (of Live 105) if youre in the bay area. as they are having lots of summer festies out there - there might be ways to volunteer. and have tons of friends in LA (from going to school at ucsb)

i know in NYC - each summer festival (river to river, summerstage, etc) all use volunteers.

And I highly suggest people in NYC to volunteer for some festival this summer. The rewards are so worth it, (free music - yeah some are already free shows), but you meet great people and feel great afterwards.

and btw - im in california throughout the year and always am trying to find other people to go to shows with (it seems none of my friends like going anymore - something about old age *cough cough*) .. perhaps if youre in the bay area we'll meet up sometime (for a coldplay show or otherwise) or even to discuss the greatness of Neil Gaiman. Ive met him a handful of times and he might be the coolest person ever! neverwhere is f'ing genius!

Hey Coldplayers-

Good questions & comments!

As far as when you'll hear from us...we'll let you know either way approximately 10-14 days before the show you applied to.

And to xneverwherex, we just worked at Summerstage in NYC this past Thursday, as we were invited by Thievery Corporation on their recent tour. We really did well there, but I don't think any other bands we are affiliated with will be there for the rest of the season, so that may have been our only show there this year. If you've got connections you'd like to share for that venue, shoot me a PM.

I'm thrilled to see discussion about volunteering for us and other organizations! Even if you can't make it to a show with us, please try and volunteer somewhere. It's a great feeling, and usually a great time, too.

Here's our sign-up page again:

http://www.oxfamamerica.org/concerts

Thanks,

logo_h_ko_bw.gif

cant wait!!

i applied to the houston show and i really hope that i get picked...i have always wanted to volunteer for oxfam and this is the perfect chance because coldplay is my favorite band in the world!!...oh and i have a question, where will the seats most likely be located??

Hey Coldplayers-

Good questions & comments!

As far as when you'll hear from us...we'll let you know either way approximately 10-14 days before the show you applied to.

And to xneverwherex, we just worked at Summerstage in NYC this past Thursday, as we were invited by Thievery Corporation on their recent tour. We really did well there, but I don't think any other bands we are affiliated with will be there for the rest of the season, so that may have been our only show there this year. If you've got connections you'd like to share for that venue, shoot me a PM.

I'm thrilled to see discussion about volunteering for us and other organizations! Even if you can't make it to a show with us, please try and volunteer somewhere. It's a great feeling, and usually a great time, too.

Here's our sign-up page again:

www.oxfamamerica.org/concerts

Thanks,

logo_h_ko_bw.gif

Thanks for the great info! How is the response so far? Is this go round more centered on Oxfam as a whole, or is the central campaign (for Coldplay at least) still Make Trade Fair? I've been giving Oxfam Unwrapped presents to people for birthdays and Christmas and people love it! Hope to see you in Orlando:)

melanieau-

The response has been pretty great so far, especially from readers of this board. On this tour, our outreach is centered on letting people know about Oxfam's missions in general and what we do. And thanks for using Oxfam Unwrapped !

yellow745-

We never know where our volunteers will be seated until we actually get to the show, but as most Coldplay fans know, any seat at a Coldplay show is a great one!

-------------------

We'll be adding more non-Coldplay concert opportunities in the next few days, including shows by She & Him (featuring M. Ward & Zooey Deschanel), Thao and the Get Down Stay Down, Stereolab, and more, so keep checking our sign-up page:

http://www.oxfamamerica.org/concerts

Thanks,

Oxfam America

logo_h_ko_bw.gif

I would definitely love to help out again! I volunteered when they were in Dallas back in 'o5 and I had a great time. I'd definitely do it again. I've filled out the application and I hope I hear from you guys soon.

I originally thought I was accepted but I was sent the acceptance email by accident--I'm under 18 so apparently I can't volunteer!

Buuut I know three people that are going to volunteer on the 15th, so cheers!