✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Official Club Football 2014-2015 thread

I wish I could be bothered to write about Newcastle anymore, because I've said it so often in the past few days.

It's pathetic. Our fans are pathetic, our board is pathetic. Ashley's statement makes a lot of sense but it was needed 2 weeks ago. Keegan needs to just suck it up and come back and finish a job for once. Ashley needs to come out and say "We want Keegan back and we'll give him the final say, but Wise and his scouts are there to help him." And we need Ashley to fire Derek Llambias and make sure he never steps foot inside Newcastle again. Because it's all gone down hill since he took over from Chris Mort.

Our fans though... Threatening Ashley and the sad thing is, with football violence in recent times, can you blame him for selling up? It wouldn't be a big surprise if he had been attacked, if he'd turned up. Newcastle fans have completely overreacted to Keegan leaving. One woman said it was the end of her life. Get a fucking grip. It's football and he's one manager.

All I know is whoever we get in to manage, I hope Ashley stays and sticks with his plan because our signings have been good (whether they were over KK's head or not) and we're getting better financially. The last thing I want is some multi billionaire arab or american who doesn't know about Newcastle's traditions and comes and tries to blow the Premier League out of the water with his money. I don't want to have success right away. It's not worth it. It's a hollow victory. I'd much rather see something be built over the course of a few years so when you actually get that achievement, you know you've actually worked at it and built up to it. Money doesn't last for ever and these owners will soon get bored / die / run out of money and someone more human will have to take over and Leeds United will happen again. It's not worth it to me as a Newcastle United fan and as a football fan in general to have someone do that to my team.

Also, Danny Guthrie got sent off for a kick at the end of the game against Hull. Pretty dispicable move in the first place, made all the more disgusting by the news that Fagan broke his leg. But for some reason Guthrie isn't being labelled in the same way Mike Taylor or Mark Taylor was when he did Eduardo. Even though Guthrie's was clearly deliberate.

Hmm... We have a small squad but even I hope Guthrie gets an extended ban for that.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• busybeeburns

• Reilly

• bart

• Black Rose

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, there's a few whose opinions changed after the statement, but really it was stuff we'd known all along.

Dennis Wise is just a scapegoat. He's not a likeable character based on his reputation but I don't think he's done much wrong. Myself and a friend of mine are probably the biggest Newcastle research nerds I know and we both want Ashley to stay and support what he's doing, but he needs some changes.

For some reason Wise has gone from being behind the scenes to being in the foreground and in honesty I blame Llambias. The way I think it's happened is Wise has come to Keegan with these players and said "take a look at them" and when Keegan's refused them, Llambias has got sick of a lack of progress and got them anyways. Which is wrong in a way but I don't think Keegan's the right man for the job. He's too old fashioned, and he did need scouting help.

The thing is, it seems pretty obvious that the board lost faith in Keegan's ability to find players. He's unquestionably a good manager and a good man manager but he couldn't find these Ginola's and Asprilla's any more. He did need help scouting though. One of the main things the board did wrong is allegedly trying to sell Owen and players behind Keegan's back. It was never confirmed though, only rumour. But either way, it shouldn't ever have happened like that.

The thing with TV coverage is they pick the most extreme, and right now it's the popular story to have him out. Fans going on saying their lives are over and people who clearly were just walking past St. James' Park by coincidence are voicing their opinions. On a few footballing blogs, I've seen a few people say they believe in what Ashley's trying to do. But it's not the majority. To a lot of people, they only see what is said on Sky Sports, or what happens on a Saturday afternoon. There'll be so many people who complain about a lack of communication dating back 16 months, when Mort, Wise and Ashley have said so many times what the plan was.

To be quite honest, Newcastle have some of the dumbest fans in the country. They're just passionate, and unfortunately, right now, they're passionate for entirely dumb reasons. If they'd do a bit of research and look at Keegan as a normal human (which he is) and Wise as a normal human (which he is) instead of their reputations, they'd actually see some sense.

You kidding? If Spurs turn it around, they're loaded.

Bale, Corluka, King, Woodgate - they're all quality in the back 4. Although they can't seem to put it together for Spurs.

Bentley, Lennon, Jenas, Huddlestone, Dos Santos, Modric - some great players there. I'd love to have some of them at Newcastle.

Pavyulchenko, Bent - two good strikers who can score goals.

Honestly, they just need some time to get playing together. I, personally, don't think they're playing the right system. But there's definate quality there, and for the future too, they're a young squad.

You kidding? If Spurs turn it around, they're loaded.

Bale, Corluka, King, Woodgate - they're all quality in the back 4. Although they can't seem to put it together for Spurs.

Bentley, Lennon, Jenas, Huddlestone, Dos Santos, Modric - some great players there. I'd love to have some of them at Newcastle.

Pavyulchenko, Bent - two good strikers who can score goals.

Honestly, they just need some time to get playing together. I, personally, don't think they're playing the right system. But there's definate quality there, and for the future too, they're a young squad.

Well every year they fail to live up to their very high expectations. Bent was useless last season.:dozey: