✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Official Club Football 2014-2015 thread

Devestated southampton lost against Cardiff though :cry:

Saints blow it in the 90th minute..what a shock. :dozey: Same shit, different season. At least Killer is back and played the whole match. :)

love the word you use in Manure

hehehehe

you must be a Man City fan at heart :cool3:

No just a Manure hater. :P How are the fans adjusting to Sven out and Mr Manure in?

I'm going to uni in southampton this september, so I'll be attending a few games at st mary's.

A few :rolleyes: I fucking live in Texas and attend a few.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• busybeeburns

• Reilly

• bart

• Black Rose

Top Posters In This Topic

The Death of Manchester City RIP

No just a Manure hater. :P How are the fans adjusting to Sven out and Mr Manure in?

Personally I ma none to happy about this however, I think Hughes will leave City this week...

Read on

I know this is off another forum however city are foooked…. !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A39380097

little about what is happening with Corluka due to a 'business' interest.

When Spurs first made contact, it was Shinawatra's people that agreed a fee with Spurs and told Corluka he was free to leave. They did that without Mark Hughes' knowledge or consent.

Corluka was suprised to say the least. When Hughes took over he told Corluka he was one of the mainstays in his future plan for MCFC. Nevertheless, Corluka travelled to London to meet with Spurs' people.

Hughes then found out about the deal, and basically vetoed it - which was something the Thai's people had agreed he could do with any transfer activity when he took over. That's when Corluka was summoned back to Manchester to go up to Glasgow for the Celtic friendly.

Behind the scenes a real row started between Hughes and certain elements of the board; Hughes furious that they had gone behind his back to sell Corluka to Spurs, and the board enraged that Hughes had effectively recalled him from London for the Celtic game.

Shinawatra's people told Hughes that evening that the deal was 'too good to turn down', largely due to Shinawatra's financial problems. So, immediately after the Celtic game, Corluka flew back to London to resume talks with Spurs.

When Spurs' initial offer was accepted, Corluka had no real desire to leave City. That wasn't anything against Spurs, more the vision for the future of MCFC he had been sold by Hughes and Cook. However, after meeting with Spurs and talking with Modric, Corluka was sold on Tottenham and agreed terms. He went through a two-day medical, which he passed without problem. He's been holed up in a London since early Friday morning - hence why he missed the club photo.

Spurs agreed the final details for the transfer with City yesterday morning, and Corluka put pen to paper on his player registration.

Then City's people accepted the offer from Sunderland for Stephen Ireland, and Hughes went properly mental. Twice in 48 hours he felt he was having players he wanted sold from under him. In a rage, it was Hughes who called Ireland and told him he was expected to report to the CoMS to report for the Milan game. Hughes putting him on for a couple of minutes was a big statement on his part.

Here comes the really interesting part.

Hughes last night told Cook he was through with City and wants out, the sale of Corluka and Ireland being the straw that broke the camel's back. He said if the Corluka deal went through particularly, he would be on his way out of City too.

At that point City have tried to derail the Corluka and Ireland deals.

BUT, Spurs claim to have completed the paper work for the transfer which has already been lodged with the FA and signed by someone from City with authorisation to do so. City say they agreed a sale in principle with Spurs, but that no final transfer documents had been signed.

As such Corluka, who was expecting to be paraded at White Hart Lane this afternoon, is in limbo. However, he has now set his heart on Spurs and linking up with Modric and has told City he will not return to the CoMS under any circumstances. He has been sold on Tottenham, and become frustrated with the background stuff taking place at City.

Spurs and City are maintaining their respective positions, but Spurs have basically told City that they are willing to see the issue go to court. They believe they have signed Corluka, and Corluka wants to play for them.

What a mess.

I hope he never comes back... but what about the money he has spent. I have heard he has borrowed it on the basis of him getting his money back. I estimate he has spent in the region of 200 million, pounds+ in process of purchasing the club 80 Million. I heard he paid of the 60 million pound debt, Last years money spent on players 65 million and this season they have spent thus far a further 25 million on players.

With players wages and new contracts thats is another 30 million or so,...

well thats 210 million we could be in debt !

Oh dear, what do we do... ! I dont think anyone could bail is out with that amount of debt unless they were extremly weatlhy

Very sad for city, if this is true (and that said as a Spurs fan who would really love Corluka to join).

Hopefully this might warn a few more Premiership clubs that (dodgy) foreign ownership isn't always wise...

I hope he never comes back... but what about the money he has spent. I have heard he has borrowed it on the basis of him getting his money back. I estimate he has spent in the region of 200 million, pounds+ in process of purchasing the club 80 Million. I heard he paid of the 60 million pound debt, Last years money spent on players 65 million and this season they have spent thus far a further 25 million on players.

With players wages and new contracts thats is another 30 million or so,...

well thats 210 million we could be in debt !

Oh dear, what do we do... ! I dont think anyone could bail is out with that amount of debt unless they were extremly weatlhy

Aren't all his assests frozen while he's on trial? What happens to Citey if he goes to jail?

Pompey charged over Benjani moves

Portsmouth have been charged by the Football Association with breaches of rules in relation to Benjani's moves to and from the club.

The player joined Portsmouth from Auxerre in January 2006, before moving to Manchester City in January 2008.

Agent Willie McKay has also been charged after allegedly representing the selling club in both cases. FA rules bar agents from acting for two different clubs in two consecutive transactions involving the same player.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/7561783.stm

And 'Arry has some kind of virus *coughbungitiscough* and is unable to give any interviews. :rolleyes:

Premier League set for kick-off

_44926085_manutd226_credit.jpg

The new Premier League season begins on Saturday, kicking off nine months of entertainment and top-class action from the most exciting league in the world.

Only 97 days after Manchester United celebrated their 10th Premier League crown, the action begins again as Arsenal take on West Brom at 1245 BST.

As well as the Baggies, fellow promoted teams Stoke and Hull are in action too, against Bolton and Fulham respectively.

United and last year's runners-up Chelsea start their seasons on Sunday.

Sir Alex Ferguson's United host Kevin Keegan's Newcastle at Old Trafford, while Chelsea entertain last season's FA Cup winners Portsmouth at Stamford Bridge.

United, though heavily linked with Tottenham's Dimitar Berbatov, have failed to sign anyone during the summer, while Chelsea have splashed out nearly £25m on Portuguese duo Deco and Jose Bosingwa.

United will be relieved to start the season with Cristiano Ronaldo still in their ranks after speculation linking him with Real Madrid, though he is out until September with an ankle injury.

Arsenal have added French youngster Samir Nasri and Welsh teenager Aaron Ramsey to their squad, while Liverpool have spent £20m on signing Republic of Ireland striker Robbie Keane from Tottenham.

Spurs have been big spenders themselves, signing goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes, midfielders David Bentley and Luka Modric and forward Giovani dos Santos for about £43m combined.

Manchester City spent a club record £18m on Brazilian striker Jo, while Bolton (Johan Elmander, £10m), Hull (Anthony Gardner, £2.5m), Stoke (Dave Kitson, £5.5m) and Portsmouth (Peter Crouch, £11m) have all smashed their transfer records.

Hull begin their first-ever season in the top flight of English football after a 104-year wait and boss Phil Brown has been busy adding to his squad, with a further seven names joining Gardner at the KC Stadium.

Stoke, who begin their first term in the top flight for 23 years, have been more circumspect in the transfer market, with Seyi George Olofinjana and Thomas Sorensen joining Kitson as their new arrivals.

The other promoted team, West Brom, will be aiming to cement their place in the Premier League under Tony Mowbray after they were relegated in 2006.

Of last season's promoted teams, Derby and Birmingham were relegated and Sunderland finished 15th. Reading were the other team to lose their top-flight status.

But the top four looks set to be the same this time around with United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal ready to battle it out for glory.

Liverpool have not won the title since 1990 and Arsenal since 2004 and the pressure will be on their managers Rafa Benitez and Arsene Wenger to close the gap on the top two.

Chelsea, with Brazilian coach Luiz Felipe Scolari replacing Avram Grant in the summer, will be confident they have a strong enough squad to challenge on all fronts this season.

The action begins at 1245 BST on Saturday at the Emirates.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7562998.stm

okay so far this season is not great.

Arsenal only won 1-0, I watched the match on sky sports.

we played fucking rubbish.

I wouldn't have begrudged west brom a point.

because we didn't deserve the three.

We lacked 100% up front.

we don't need a new midfielder, we need a striker who can score.

Adebayor can fuck off, van persie is past it, bendtner is wank.

theo isn't going to handle it all.

crisis!

oh, and southampton are getting beat 1-2 off birmingham after being 1-0 up at half time.

for fucks sake!

Arsenal 1-0 West Brom (Nasri 4)

Bolton 3-1 Stoke (Steinsson 31, Davies 44, Elmander 46 | Fuller 90+1)

Everton 2-3 Blackburn (Arteta 46, Yakubu 64 | Dunn 22, Santa Cruz 66, Ooijer 90+1)

Hull City 2-1 Fulham (Giovanni 22, Folan 81 | Ki-Hyeon 8)

Middlesborough 2-1 Tottenham Hotspurs (Wheater 71, Mido 86 | Huth 90+3)

Sunderland E-E Liverpool (evening kickoff)

West Ham 2-1 Wigan (Ashton 3, 10 | Zaki 47)

okay so far this season is not great.

Arsenal only won 1-0, I watched the match on sky sports.

we played fucking rubbish.

I wouldn't have begrudged west brom a point.

because we didn't deserve the three.

We lacked 100% up front.

we don't need a new midfielder, we need a striker who can score.

Adebayor can fuck off, van persie is past it, bendtner is wank.

theo isn't going to handle it all.

crisis!

oh, and southampton are getting beat 1-2 off birmingham after being 1-0 up at half time.

for fucks sake!

Well, the season just started....:P

Agreed, I mean, it's nice that Arsenal got three points...but that was horrendous. Back to the old ways, I wanted to pull my hair out again. Nice goal by Nasri, but come on. Some good finishing is needed, and I don't like how RvP needs to get a foul after he loses the momentum. Let's hope he doesn't get hurt again. And don't get me started on Eboue...:rolleyes: Why does he even bother trying...

I'm worried about Theo, there's so much hype about him this season...and as much as I really do like him and think he's great, I hope it's not 'over'hype...and he turns out completely crap this season. It's still early, but I'm crossing my fingers. So far...I'm sad to say....I like 'Super Sub' Theo better. :sad:

But then again, like I said, it's still early, and of course there is still Fabs, Rosicky, and Eduardo. So we'll see how things go. But this match didn't really wow me.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm impressed with Djourou so far. Hope to see him often this season. :happy:

Arsenal 1-0 West Brom (Nasri 4)

Bolton 3-1 Stoke (Steinsson 31, Davies 44, Elmander 46 | Fuller 90+1)

Everton 2-3 Blackburn (Arteta 46, Yakubu 64 | Dunn 22, Santa Cruz 66, Ooijer 90+1)

Hull City 2-1 Fulham (Giovanni 22, Folan 81 | Ki-Hyeon 8)

Middlesborough 2-1 Tottenham Hotspurs (Wheater 71, Mido 86 | Huth 90+3)

Sunderland E-E Liverpool (evening kickoff)

West Ham 2-1 Wigan (Ashton 3, 10 | Zaki 47)

Thanks for the updates! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the updates! :thumbsup:

:) not a problem, I enjoy it, though I think the colour coding is too trippy! :laugh3:

I won't be doing THAT anymore. :P

Southampton lost :(

Well done Hull :)

I know, downer. I was gutted because they were 1-0 up at half time.

fucking kevin phillips! :(