✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Official Club Football 2014-2015 thread

I know, downer. I was gutted because they were 1-0 up at half time.

fucking kevin phillips! :(

Welcome to Saints supporting. :dozey: If matches only lasted 40 minutes we would rule the world. :laugh3: Bloody SuperKev. He will just continue to haunt us. Score all you want mate, doesn't change the fact that you wife was doing some bloke at the local Soton Carphone Warehouse. :P

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• busybeeburns

• Reilly

• bart

• Black Rose

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Saints supporting. :dozey: If matches only lasted 40 minutes we would rule the world. :laugh3: Bloody SuperKev. He will just continue to haunt us. Score all you want mate, doesn't change the fact that you wife was doing some bloke at the local Soton Carphone Warehouse. :P

I like the tables people like sky sports do near season ends to show "if a match lasted 45 minutes, this is where your team would be", with both first half & second half.

apparently torres and Keane weren't pairing well together AT ALL

torres should have scored earlier, but keane got in the way of his shot and kept it out.

little things like that.

Keane was well worth £20m... not, he'll play much better when he's settled into his new retirement home :laugh3:

Ronaldo, Tevez, Park, Anderson, Nani, Silvestre, Saha, Hargreaves, Dong, Berbatov, now Carrick

all out

there's 11 reasons why the magpies nicked a nice shiny point from the Theatre of Dreams

cry me a river.

owen, viduka, barton - three starters from our good run last year at the end of the season missing.

coloccini - centre back who played the whole game, first in england, after one training session with the club (after spending about a week and a half in england but unable to train because of the transfer delay)

martins - the goal scorer and lone striker has been injured and was considered a risk for this game because he injured his thigh i think, and only barely came through 60 minutes of a friendly as his only preparation. also, notable... his mother died less than a month ago. the mother he was noted for being the person in the world he was closest to. the death was a complete surprise as well.

also players missing - shola ameobi (leaving to join ipswich), andy carroll (highly rated striker out injured).

honestly, nani got himself suspended so that's not a reason.

berbatov. the fact you even include him in the list i'm assuming was only to make the numbers up to 11? man united could have wrapped that transfer up months ago. that's certainly not an excuse.

manchester united are the champions of england and europe. newcastle united are underachievers who aren't expected to do anything this season. man united are supposed to have a big deep squad that can support some injuries, newcastle are known to have one of the thinnest squads in the league.

so please, instead of everyone saying man united were poor today, and missing loads of players, how about our boys get some credit for once? we defensively held our own today, and the man united goal was scored with our centre back off the pitch injured. so with a full back four, we contained manchester united very well, i thought. jonas was unstoppable. the best player on the park, no question. there isn't many players in the PREMIERSHIP who track back from a midfield position as willingly and quickly as he did the whole game. shay given with some excellent saves as well, while van der sar looked poor on the newcastle goal at least.

can i also say... newcastle made no substitutions through out the full game, whereas manchester united made all three, i think? (albeit one (carrick) enforced). newcastle were just fitter today. no question about it.

Ronaldo, Tevez, Park, Anderson, Nani, Silvestre, Saha, Hargreaves, Dong, Berbatov, now Carrick

all out

there's 11 reasons why the magpies nicked a nice shiny point from the Theatre of Dreams

Park is shit, Silvestre is shit, Saha is shit, Dong is shit, Berbatov doesn't play for your club

Nani was suspended, his own fault for not being there

Anderson was at the olympics through choice

so that leaves you with Ronaldo, Tevez and Hargreaves (who you don't start anyway) who were out from the start

a team of Man Utd's calibre missing 2 starting players should not be an issue at all and it wasn't

you are making a big deal out of something which is minniscule

like Jack said we had key players missing and 2 playing when really they shouldn't have

Enrique I believe was also unfit and that's the reason he was resigned to the bench

Newcastle deserved the point, fuck off complaining about it and grow up

^ you realise you just said that to the owner of the forum right :P

football brings out bad language and disagreements.

just because he's the owner of the forum, doesn't mean we're not allowed to disagree completely with what he said. :P

D4F58F54-CA1E-FAA3-2BDA8E1E38133EBE.jpg

5-0 :')

Probably the best day of my life, actually.

Nothing better than stealing a point or three from Man United.

No-one likes Man United, not cause they win, but more cause one half of their stadium is full of men in suits, and the other half is full of people who actually aren't from Manchester at all.

Arsenal announce signing of Mikael Silvestre

Arsenal has today signed French defender Mikael Silvestre on a two year deal having joined the Gunners from Manchester United for an undisclosed fee.

Silvestre (31), an experienced and versatile player, has been with Manchester United since 1999 winning a host of domestic honours including four Premier League titles, one FA Cup winner’s medal and a League Cup winner’s medal. Silvestre was also part of the UEFA Champions League winning side of 2008 and made a total of 361 appearances for the Manchester side, scoring 10 goals.

Silvestre, who debuted for French national side in 2001, has also made a total of 40 appearances for Les Bleus. Highlights of his international career so far are winning the Confederations Cup in both 2001 and 2003 and reaching the World Cup Final in 2006.

Mikael said on signing for the Gunners: “I’ve spent a large part of my career at United, the last nine years, and I’ll remember that time fondly but feel I’m ready for a new challenge. Arsenal is known for playing technical and skilful football, and has a young but experienced squad. I’m really excited about this next stage of my career, hopefully playing my part in helping the Club to new successes.”

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: “We have a strong squad but a young squad and Mikael’s versatility, experience and calibre will provide the extra depth we need to reinforce our challenge for honours this season. His defensive adaptability will serve us well and it’s a big plus that Mikael has top level experience and a great understanding of football in the Premier League.”

Mikael will join up with his team-mates immediately and will wear shirt number 18.

gun1219261374silvestre7ia0.jpg

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-announce-signing-of-mikael-silvestre

Can we slate the England team here or should we start an 'England are shit' thread? Ok, to be fair I didn't actually see the game, but if the reports are to be believed then I guess it was another boring, mind-numbing England 'performance'.

Arsenal announce signing of Mikael Silvestre

Arsenal has today signed French defender Mikael Silvestre on a two year deal having joined the Gunners from Manchester United for an undisclosed fee.

Silvestre (31), an experienced and versatile player, has been with Manchester United since 1999 winning a host of domestic honours including four Premier League titles, one FA Cup winner’s medal and a League Cup winner’s medal. Silvestre was also part of the UEFA Champions League winning side of 2008 and made a total of 361 appearances for the Manchester side, scoring 10 goals.

Silvestre, who debuted for French national side in 2001, has also made a total of 40 appearances for Les Bleus. Highlights of his international career so far are winning the Confederations Cup in both 2001 and 2003 and reaching the World Cup Final in 2006.

Mikael said on signing for the Gunners: “I’ve spent a large part of my career at United, the last nine years, and I’ll remember that time fondly but feel I’m ready for a new challenge. Arsenal is known for playing technical and skilful football, and has a young but experienced squad. I’m really excited about this next stage of my career, hopefully playing my part in helping the Club to new successes.”

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: “We have a strong squad but a young squad and Mikael’s versatility, experience and calibre will provide the extra depth we need to reinforce our challenge for honours this season. His defensive adaptability will serve us well and it’s a big plus that Mikael has top level experience and a great understanding of football in the Premier League.”

Mikael will join up with his team-mates immediately and will wear shirt number 18.

gun1219261374silvestre7ia0.jpg

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-announce-signing-of-mikael-silvestre

I can't believe the old man sold a player to one of the top 4 clubs....and ohh shock, teh Arse have signed a French player. :dozey:

Can we slate the England team here or should we start an 'England are shit' thread? Ok, to be fair I didn't actually see the game, but if the reports are to be believed then I guess it was another boring, mind-numbing England 'performance'.

WTF is up with David James' hair? Is that supposed to be "flames"? As in England going down in.....:rolleyes:

I suggest making a catch-all thread for the Uefa World Cup 2010 qualifiers ;)

Although there might be one already from when the groups were announced