• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• busybeeburns

• Reilly

• bart

• Black Rose

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to understand football. Yes he cost a lot of money, but you didn't buy him to "score in every single game" you bought him because you wanted him and because you wanted to pay that much.

He outshone Tevez completely and utterly, he's a classy player and his assists and goals were truly vital to some of your success this season.

^Obviously we bought him, because we wanted him. Why would anyone buy someone they dont like.? I think your overating the impact he has on the pitch. Yes he is sleak, and skillful but he didn't shine for me. To be honest no one shined for me. Our season was all mixed up. Spots were we played good and were we played rubbish. But the thing I dont like is his lack of desire, wheras Tevez has the most desire and ambition, which is great to see as fans and also teamates. Where teamates see this its uplighting to see for them and as a team they play better(or try to) But personally I would'nt want any of them next season. Too pricey, but of course you may differ, and I respect that because its your opinion.

*takes wraps off the new name for thread*

Opening weekend of premiership - Saturday, 15 August

Aston Villa v Wigan

Blackburn v Manchester City

Bolton v Sunderland

Chelsea v Hull

Everton v Arsenal

Manchester Utd v Birmingham

Portsmouth v Fulham

Stoke v Burnley

Tottenham v Liverpool

Wolves v West Ham

Et'to is great!!!!!! He'll do good at City, it will be good signings if you get them.

I think they have offerd the same what Robinho is on...

However Robinho may be going the other way..

Yesterday in the "SPORT" Barcas paper the 1st five pages were dedicated into the possibility of buying him, however they were also saying they did not want to pay his wages of 175 000 euros a week.

thats a 160 000 quid a week !

I think they have offerd the same what Robinho is on...

However Robinho may be going the other way..

Yesterday in the "SPORT" Barcas paper the 1st five pages were dedicated into the possibility of buying him, however they were also saying they did not want to pay his wages of 175 000 euros a week.

thats a 160 000 quid a week !

I heared about his wage demand too, but Im sad to say I think money is the only reason he is going to go. And if any club can spend its City:\

Setanta loses Premier TV rights

_45343195_breaking_226x170.gif

Setanta will lose its two packages of games for 2009/10 season

Troubled sports broadcaster Setanta has failed to pay the latest chunk of the £30m it owes the English Premier League, and will now lose the rights. The League has threatened to sell the rights to the 46 live matches Setanta has for the 2009/2010 season if the broadcaster failed to make the payment. It will now put the rights out to auction, with offers needed by Monday.

Setanta has recently struggled to make its payments to the sporting bodies from which it buys television rights. The Premier League said it had "been working with Setanta for some time to help them continue as the broadcaster of 46 UK live matches for the 2009/10 season".

The Premier League, in agreement with Setanta, stipulated that certain contractual requirements had to be met on or before Friday, 19 June, "to allow the preparations for the 2009/10 season to continue unaffected".

The league added: "It is with considerable regret that we announce that Setanta has been unable to meet their obligations. As such the existing licence agreement between us has been terminated with immediate effect."

The Premier League will now go ahead and auction the 46 UK live matches for the 2009/10 season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/8109954.stm

They started off well, but they shouldn't have gone for the premiership games, Sky had the best of the bunch with the games leaving Setanta with the not-so good games, like Newcastle vs. Wigan.

Maybe if they made is easier to sign up they would have had more people signing up

_45343195_breaking_226x170.gif

Setanta will lose its two packages of games for 2009/10 season

Troubled sports broadcaster Setanta has failed to pay the latest chunk of the £30m it owes the English Premier League, and will now lose the rights. The League has threatened to sell the rights to the 46 live matches Setanta has for the 2009/2010 season if the broadcaster failed to make the payment. It will now put the rights out to auction, with offers needed by Monday.

Setanta has recently struggled to make its payments to the sporting bodies from which it buys television rights. The Premier League said it had "been working with Setanta for some time to help them continue as the broadcaster of 46 UK live matches for the 2009/10 season".

The Premier League, in agreement with Setanta, stipulated that certain contractual requirements had to be met on or before Friday, 19 June, "to allow the preparations for the 2009/10 season to continue unaffected".

The league added: "It is with considerable regret that we announce that Setanta has been unable to meet their obligations. As such the existing licence agreement between us has been terminated with immediate effect."

The Premier League will now go ahead and auction the 46 UK live matches for the 2009/10 season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/8109954.stm

I got Sentana, man this is stupid!!!

ESPN buys rights to Setanta games

_45959487_007341272-1.jpg

ESPN will broadcast Premier League matches live in the UK for the first time

ESPN has bought the rights to show 46 games in next season's English Premier League that were to have been shown by struggling broadcaster Setanta.

Disney-owned ESPN has won the two packages of games shown on Saturday teatimes and Monday evenings. It says both will be sold through BSkyB.

It has also won the 23 games per season Setanta was due to show from 2010-13.

The league took the broadcasting rights back from Setanta on Friday after it missed a payment deadline.

The Premier League had set a deadline of Monday for other broadcasters to submit offers for the games.

ESPN said in a statement it had "reached an agreement for its coverage to be retailed by Sky to residential and commercial customers".

Meanwhile, the Scottish Premier League (SPL) has taken back its UK rights for 2009/10 "and beyond" from Setanta after the Irish broadcaster missed a £3m payment.

The SPL said it was now "actively engaging in the process of selling our domestic broadcasting rights".

'British commitment'

It is the first time that ESPN will broadcast live Premier League football in the UK.

The broadcaster already has two channels in the UK, one covering American sports and another showing archived action.

Russell Wolff, managing director of ESPN International, said: "This move demonstrates our commitment to British sports fans and our ongoing commitment to delivering football to fans around the world across a variety of media."

"ESPN have a formidable worldwide reputation and experience in sports and I am sure we will enjoy a long and fruitful relationship with them," said Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore.

"I would like to thank ESPN, as well as all the other broadcasters who submitted bids, for their professionalism and effort in engaging in our sales process at such short notice."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8113702.stm