✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Official Club Football 2014-2015 thread

I hope Galatasaray have a good medical team in place for when Harry Kewell arrives. Thank f**k he's finally gone, although there's probably some clause in his contract that means Liverpool have to carry on paying some of his wages for a year or two (like Leeds apparently had to when he joined Liverpool).

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• busybeeburns

• Reilly

• bart

• Black Rose

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't too keen of following football. I like to play the sport but never made an effort to follow a team or watch any games. Anyway (very) long story short, I support Arsenal. Hopefully they will win this time round and Eduardo makes a full recovery soon. He's already on the mend but time will tell.

We (Arsenal) have a pretty decent start to the season, Couldn't have asked for better.

I'd like to say we're going to win the league this season, but trutyh be told, we need a few more players, and a striker that's netting 30-40 a season and NOT fighting with his own players! (adebayor, if you hadn't worked it out :P)

I hope UTD don't win again, they're too arogant, (sorry Ian :P)

I think Big phil will take the trophy this year.

utd will be second, mainly because of the absence of ronaldo,

I mean you could argue one man doesn't make a team,

but last season utd wouln't have finished top without him.

Arshavin keen on Arsenal? F**k me.

United need to get on the ball and sign the #9 we need, and it looks like Berba could be our last hope. Telegraph reports we gave him a 20 million pound bid. Lower than Spurs' alleged 30 mil price tag.

Poor old Luton, starting at minus 30 points :o

That's ridiculous - have their business actions actually caused any other teams any direct harm? Don't punish the players for fooks sake. Blimey.

That's ridiculous - have their business actions actually caused any other teams any direct harm? Don't punish the players for fooks sake. Blimey.

And why the FA is punishing the team for actions undertaken by the previous previous owners is belong me.

The FA just has a policy to destroy Luton F.C.

I got my new Arsenal home shirt yesterday, gf bought it for me.

that's right, my gf, I said, my gf bought it for me.

I wanted walcott, 14, on the back but they had no "W"'s left :cry:

so I got Fabregas, 4, instead, which I didn't want because everybody has it.

long story short.... bump. :P

I bought my new Arsenal home shirt yesterday,

I wanted walcott, 14, on the back but they had no "W"'s left :cry:

so I got Fabregas, 4, instead, which I didn't want because everybody has it.

long story short.... bump. :P

No "W" huh....guess it's because all the Arse supporters get their name on the back....'Wanker" :P

^ LOL.

Anyway, it's a lot unfortunate that Hleb has signed with Barca. In the very small time I've been following Arsenal, I've grown to like Hleb. Oh well, it's not the end of the world and with Eduardo returning soon, it should still be a terrific season.

^ LOL.

Anyway, it's a lot unfortunate that Hleb has signed with Barca. In the very small time I've been following Arsenal, I've grown to like Hleb. Oh well, it's not the end of the world and with Eduardo returning soon, it should still be a terrific season.

Indeed, I think the team can go strong without Hleb. His statistics weren't that great anyways, tbh. As for if Adebayor goes..:rolleyes: This situation is getting really annoying. And yes, I am very happy that Eduardo is recovering nicely! :D But they shouldn't rush him though, he should take his time. With Hleb, Gilberto, Lehmann, and Flamoney gone for sure, it's as if Arsenal's going through a overhaul. Wenger needs to sign some more players, Ramsey, Vela, and Nasri is just not enough.

Man Utd confident over Berbatov

_44842719_berbatovgetty.jpg

Ferguson has been tracking Berbatov for some time

Sir Alex Ferguson expects to prise striker Dimitar Berbatov from Tottenham by the end of the summer.

Reports have suggested the Manchester United boss has made a £22m bid for the 27-year-old but that Spurs want more.

"We have made Tottenham an offer on Berbatov and we have good expectations that this deal will go through," Ferguson told The Sun newspaper.

"Berbatov has been impressive for a long time and he would be a great addition to our attack."

Barcelona have also shown an interest in the Bulgarian following the exit of Ronaldinho to AC Milan and with Samuel Eto'o also set to leave but Ferguson is happy to bide his time over a player who scored 23 goals for Tottenham last season.

Speaking at the start of the club's pre-season tour of South Africa, the Scot said: "I think time will work for us more than against us.

"We will not stress this situation. We are hoping to have a constructive conversation with Tottenham in the near future."

Ferguson has also insisted any deal for Berbatov would not mean winger Cristiano Ronaldo moving to Real Madrid.

"We will handle the situation in the best manner," he added.

According to Portuguese television station RTP, Ferguson met Ronaldo in Lisbon on Monday in a bid to persuade the player that his future lies at Old Trafford but that was on the back of reports suggesting the United manager was unable to fit such a meeting into his busy schedule.

Portugal star Ronaldo was ruled out of the trip to South Africa because he had surgery on an ankle problem earlier this month and faces up to 12 weeks on the sidelines.

Meanwhile, Ferguson is confident that Owen Hargreaves will be fit for the start of the season in August, despite the United midfielder suffering a recurrence of the tendinitis problem that first surfaced at the start of the last campaign.

Hargreaves is also sitting out the pre-season tour but Ferguson insisted: "By the time we come back from South Africa, Owen should be okay.

"We have certainly not written him off for the start of the season. He will have a series of injections in his knee but I am sure he will be fine."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7513117.stm

Now it's getting interesting (and about time!) My beloved Spurs have reported both Man U and Liverpool to the Premier League for allegedly trying to unsettle Keane and Berba in the very same way that Madrid have been making mischief all summerlong (and United's complaint over that went to Fifa I believe!):

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_3835579,00.html

I'm getting excited now - it just struck me today that if Ronaldo is worth 80m to Real, then Berba must be worth at least a third to half of that (Ronaldo is NOT worth more than two or three Berbatovs to any team in the world!!)

I'm happy to see them both leave. Robbie's been an incredible player for the club, we've been blessed, and if it's his dream to join Liverpool then good luck to him, the fans will cheer him when he returns, no question. Berba's been a pain in the rear, great as he is, and cost our good Martin Jol his job - good riddance I say, as long as the price is right.

Spurs have put it our there today that both will leave, but have started to match United and the 'pool at their own games, and it looks like we'll get a fantastic price for each of them. If we lose them both it'll be yet ANOTHER season of 'transition' at the Lane, but then again if either of them stay as sulkers it'll be just as bad. My hopes for this season have dipped, but it's wonderful to see a long-term view taken.

Most likely not even the Carling Cup this season (despite what all the bookies are still saying) but I can't wait!! :)

Typical Spurs (and their fans) whingeing yet again. It's about time they accept they are only ever going to be a "feeder" club for the big four.

That's the way the game works nowadays.

The mercenary players go where the money and glory is, and they can virtually do what they like. End of story.

Get real.;)

Who the hell are all these foreign kids Rafa Benitez keeps buying for Liverpool???!!! He could have used all the money he wastes on them to sign players we've actually heard of ffs! Argh.
Yeah like the horrid Torres kid, where the hell did he find that looser? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Who the hell are all these foreign kids Rafa Benitez keeps buying for Liverpool???!!! He could have used all the money he wastes on them to sign players we've actually heard of ffs! Argh.

Well, players you've actually heard of probably would cost more money, and isn't Liverpool still trying to pay off Torres?

Yeah like the horrid Torres kid, where the hell did he find that looser? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:laugh3:

Well at least he isn't losing all his best players, like Spurs!!:P