✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LIT the best gig opener they have

Knotty

After seeing clips from MSG with LIT opening, with that light show and that atmosphere, I think it's definitely the best opener they have. Certainly more gut-wrenching than Square One and just more creative than Politik as the opening track to a gig.

Anyone disagree?

I dunno:\, hard to beat Politk. But I guess this could be playing as they come up on stage instead of the organ or sound effect thing. Then theyll all come in together with the "Whooaaa" and the show will be underway. Then they could go right into Cemeteries, then Politik;)

Having seen it twice now I agree, it's an amazing opener!

The slight drawback is that the song's so short, and they come on and play along only with the second part of it, so more or less as soon as they appear it's over! I'd really like them to come on, take a round of applause, and then go on to play the whole thing.

Thye should open with "Parachutes" one of these times. Just for kicks.:laugh3:

that I would love to see :dance: The intros on the AROBTTH tour were the best intros so far. I'll have to wait and see what I think of Life In Technicolor, another 6 months to go

LIT as opener?

LIT is probably a good opener for the show. If they open with this when I see them in DC, I would like to see them jam out and lengthen the pinnacle another 8 or 16 counts. I miss hearing some good ass jamming from Coldplay like in spies (hopefully some of the new songs will fix that). August 3 in DC is going to be the breaking of my Coldplay-live-virginity... so pumped. About Politik: It's one of my favorite Coldplay songs and seems flawless as an opener, but it would be sick as the first encore song.

LIT is probably a good opener for the show. If they open with this when I see them in DC, I would like to see them jam out and lengthen the pinnacle another 8 or 16 counts. I miss hearing some good ass jamming from Coldplay like in spies (hopefully some of the new songs will fix that). August 3 in DC is going to be the breaking of my Coldplay-live-virginity... so pumped. About Politik: It's one of my favorite Coldplay songs and seems flawless as an opener, but it would be sick as the first encore song.

That would be incredible.....Politik is AWESOME live.

i think that Politik is one of the best "firestarters" in music at the moment. but they used that to open basically every show of the rush of blood tour so i think that they should start of with LIT then lead into God put a smile. i agree that politik would be awesome as a encore starter.

It's a good opener but I think, as chris doesn't sing through the song, they should play it with pretty low lights so you can't quite see them, specially chris then go to square one (instead of violet hill) just like in the past tour, with chris reamining hidden until the volume goes up

• 8 months later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

Yep best opener too. Pure magic when the intro gets going and the lights slowly emerge along with the band behind this curtain! In Glasgow it was awesome, but I need to see it again live. The adrenalin was immense!

• 10 months later...

Life In Technicolor is the best concert and album opener, but the latter by a smaller shot. It certainly lives up to it's title, is instrumental and builds up. Politik opens smashing then quites down and that wouldn't have worked well on the Viva tour...amazing live though, just a little darker, not as pleasing as Life In Technicolor, not as colorful.

Square One is a lot better on X&Y than live, as the case with many X&Y songs considering the instrumentation and atmosphere.

Bottomline: Life In Technicolor is the perfect intro (well, at least for me :rolleyes:)

I've changed my mind on this, probably because I saw LiT open so many gigs last year and the year before...and then we have the same song (but with lyrics) closing the set. Remembering Brixton, I think Square One's the best opener still, such a shame they don't play it (or so many songs off x&y) anymore. And GPaSUYF not full version - an absolute travesty! We get Billie Jean instead of White Shadows, A Message, Don't Panic, Trouble, etc etc etc. What next, a harmonica-only version of Politik?!!