🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

White Lies

xneverwherex

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So apparently I was wrong and the venue only held around 1000 people, but it was really packed up and due to me be very short I had to find a spot on a pedestal to the right of the stage to see better.

So it was my first time seeing them not as supporters, and my fifth in general.

The gig was awesome considering that, as Harry made clear only a few songs in, he had a sore throat again (this is one of the shows they had to reschedule from back in November) and asked us to help him out and sing every song as much as we could...and of course we did, he even said we were better than the people back in the UK :wacky:

Anyway, due to his voice problems the set was a lil bit shorter than usual, they played three songs less than the previous night in Milan, this is the setlist:

Farewell to the fairground

Taxidermy

E.S.T.

The price of love

To lose my life

A place to hide

Fifty on our foreheads

Unfinished business (my favourite :heart: )

----

From the stars

Death

Here's some pics I took, I tought they turned out worse.

32265505.jpg

64352940.jpg

60839977.jpg

92143634.jpg

23349601.jpg

For some videos from the gigs I suggest you check this user's youtube account, he made a lot of videos and the audio is great :D

Then we waited for them after the gig, there were a lot of people waiting and they took the time to sign everything and took pics both with single persons and groups pics like this one :lol:

grouppico.jpg

I saw a video from Milan where Harry says the hope to come back soon, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a slot in some festival, and especially one organised here in Venice for beginning of July :nice:

Oh, my cd and banner signed...if you were in Wembley for Coldplay you know what the banner means :P

signedcover.jpgbannerxx.jpg

So apparently I was wrong and the venue only held around 1000 people, but it was really packed up and due to me be very short I had to find a spot on a pedestal to the right of the stage to see better.

So it was my first time seeing them not as supporters, and my fifth in general.

Really? Awesome! :D

¨

Oh, my cd and banner signed...if you were in Wembley for Coldplay you know what the banner means :P

signedcover.jpgbannerxx.jpg

Did they say anything about the banner?:lol:

:awesome:!!

Thank you for the review and pics and the link to the youtube account!

I just watched Farewell to the Fairground - it's so cool to watch Jack on the drums. :heart:

Yesssss, what did they say to the sign?

I bet they loved it. :D

64352940.jpg

:stunned: That looks great! Nice job.

Did they say anything about the banner?:lol:

Yesssss, what did they say to the sign?

I bet they loved it. :D

After reading it Harry made a big smile and thanked me, Charles said "it would have been better to have more white girls and less lies aloud" which doesn't mean anything at all, in fact he was not that sure of what he had just said, Jack was signing stuff so I'm not sure he read it, but only signed it :lol:

And I read they are postpoing again the gigs in Zurich and Munich because of Harry illness, they were only able to play four or five songs yeasterday in Vienna. I had this feeling he couldn't be able to do the last shows as he had already lost his voice in Rome, poor him :\

"it would have been better to have more white girls and less lies aloud"

:wtf: I bet he just said the first words that came into his mind! :P

Poor Harry, it must suck to be a singer and lose your voice/get sick :\. I hope he gets better soon.

• 2 months later...

Anna, you lucky girl :wacko:

I'm missing Muse in Italy (damn them for playing in the middle of the week when I can't move :angry:) but I'm gonna see White Lies again in July not far from where I live, hope they will be playing some new songs :nice:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They played a new song tonight in Copenhagen, it should be called Bigger Than Us :wacky:

Thanks to Tommy (their touring keyboardist) for twitting the news, if anyone wanna follow him @HelloTommyBowen

They were supporting Muse at the Stade de France on Saturday and they were AWESOME! :dance:

I've been wearing my WL t-shirt and after their set 2 people approached me to ask for further info about the band and said that they really liked them! :awesome:

The guy next to me knew all the lyrics as well, so I wasn't on my own singing and dancing. :)

I was standing further back because of my back / neck problems - I wouldn't have survived at the front!!!

It was a short set but they played the new song.

Mhmmm, what can I say? It was not bad but was similar style than their others so it didn't stand out that much to me. :shrug:

Here's a video I found on YT:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXp0dt6ON3g]YouTube- White lies- bigger than us- stade de france- 12/06/2010[/ame]

Ok, some pics:

th_IMG_3520.jpg th_IMG_3524-1.jpg th_IMG_3526.jpg th_IMG_3527.jpg

th_IMG_3528-1.jpg th_IMG_3531-1.jpg th_IMG_3532.jpg th_IMG_3534.jpg