✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

White Lies

xneverwherex

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love White Lies. It sounds like a combination of all my favorite bands - Interpol, The Killers, Echo and the Bunnymen, Joy Division, Tears for Fears, Editors. Harry Mcveigh's vocals are fantastic (like goosebumpingly-fantastic)!

Maybe that's where some people get problems with White Lies. They don't think the band's music is very original. However, i could say that I've enjoyed the album. Having found this band two weeks ago has changed my listening habits. Freakin' addicting this band.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw White Lies last night and all I can say is, "WOW." Really hope these guys hit it big in America because they were awesome live last night. I saw them at this tiny little venue in Philly and was in the front row and was basically on the stage.

Also, Friendly Fires played last night too and were ridiculously good. The lead singer is a crazy dancer and came down into the crowd (right next to us) and danced around during On Board. Really great show. If you're in the US and White Lies/Friendly Fires comes around, definitely go check them out.

Terrible cameraphone pictures (and totally unzoomed, mind you):

2610_1035739981829_1475340071_30136823_3368684_n.jpg

2610_1035739901827_1475340071_30136821_4469987_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, they are great. I love "Death" - really good song! I'm gonna see them at Open'er Festival in Poland in July. Can't wait!

Crawlinwithin, I can see you like Kings of Leon. I love them! I am a HUGE fan of KOL. They're playing at Open'er Festival this year and I can't wait to see them live. Have you ever seen KOL live? :)

Yes, they are great. I love "Death" - really good song! I'm gonna see them at Open'er Festival in Poland in July. Can't wait!

Crawlinwithin, I can see you like Kings of Leon. I love them! I am a HUGE fan of KOL. They're playing at Open'er Festival this year and I can't wait to see them live. Have you ever seen KOL live? :)

I love KOL! I am obsessed with them haha they're just an awesome, old fashioned, hard working rock n roll band. Noooo I have not seen them live... yet. I'm so mad, I could've seen them in Philly this year but the tix were too expensive :(

PS my name's Jeff btw, I hate this stupid screename which I made in like 6th grade during my Linkin Park obsession haha

• 1 month later...

Hey

The White Lies as everyone should know are supporting our very own at both of the Wembley dates this september.

Honestly, I am looking forward to them soooo much its not real, I am not sure how many people going to the shows are actually aware of WL but I would like to urge everyone to get familiar with 'em, ASAP.

They absolutely rocked at Glasto earlier today, and, I was impressed.

Death is such a cool lead single of course (which is important) but as an album "To lose your life..." is just quality throughout and actually despite their huge differences to Coldplay, I reckon that being a CPer their music becomes so very easy to listen to.

Anyway I would love to know if people agree, or not, and to hear your thoughts would be ace.

A big thanks to Coldplay and to whoever pushed for White Lies to fill the fantastic line-up for Wembley, which will be the greatest one-day gig in history>

Merci Beau-coup. ;)