✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

31-Oct-08: Washington DC - Verizon Center - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Mini set ...... more video tomorrow

Haha, I saw some CJ love at 4:05:D and I noticed the ass zoom too! :laugh3:

bow video. not sure if youtube version is clear enough for belly button view.

Oh dang! Save this video please so I can see it when I see you in Florida. I can't quite make out the belly button. But I do see some glorious belly!

I need to check to see which video has the footage of Jonny dancing away by Will's drums and then he catches himself doing it and walks away to his mic. It's so cute. hehe

Hahaha oh that sounds so cute... just getting lost in the moment!

Thanks for your pics and videos everyone, esp. you Angie!:kiss:

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We "slept" the whole time !!!!

My fiance and I are big Coldplay fans and held tickets for months. We took metro and partied on the way. I guess we were toasted by the time we got to our seats and almost immediately "fell asleep." We were sitting in section 102 about 10-20 feet from where they played the acoustic number in the audience. Ashamed to say that it was about the only number we saw them play. Did anyone get our picture? I'd love to see it if you did. :sleeping: :sleeping:

Okay, my mom and I totally found the roadies and went from section 420 to row L, right by the side stage! We had a perfect view (no neck craning!) and got to see them right by the side stage! I got this awesome pic of Chris grabbing his behind while sitting down at the piano, and my mom and I swear that Guy posed for us when we called out his name. I hope. :D The set list could've changed a bit; could've been made more special as it was Halloween, but whatever. It was still magical. 'Fix You' got me so emotional; I cried so hardcore, but 'Yellow,' I think, sounded better as an encore! It was so powerful! 'Postcards' was beautiful as well. I enjoyed that one, and Chris dedicated 'The Hardest Part' to Sarah Palin.

LOL, my mom's listening to 'Fix You' right now.

Amazing and perfect as usual, I bought the 42 shirt (the guy at the booth was like, 'huh?' when I asked for it that way rather than Style 7. And I met Roadie 42, who was setting up a camera right by the side stage and I told him I enjoyed his blog. He seemed a bit distracted, but was a nice guy. I fixed up my jacket a bit (painted a 42 and a VIVA logo) and the hat (a violet and strawberry) and more people noticed it. And now, it's off to the Who, Oasis and if my luck is good, Coldplay in late '09! :D

I'll be sure to post some pics later!

-Strawberry Swing

Halloween Performance

My post is a bit late, but I wanted to share how awesome I thought the concert was on Halloween.

This is the best performance that I've seen thus far. All of them sounded fantastic! The entire show was incredible! Also, Postcards From Far Away was very touching.

I finally had great tickets (the section near Guy). There were a lot of people who wore costumes, and I regret that I didn't partake in that. I did wear a necklace with a yellow glow stick, but that was a bit lame.

I also enjoyed the pumpkin and Jack Skellington balls and bats confetti.

During In My Place, I made eye contact with Guy. I also waved at him when they were taking their bows, which I think he saw. I thought that was pretty cool.

Does anyone know if they plan on coming back to D.C. any time soon? I know that this was the second time they came around for this tour, but I'm hoping it doesn't take another two to three years before they're in town again.

Thank you, Chris, Guy, Jonny, and Will for such a great show!

Lovers in Japan concert video

I went to the concert in Dc this past oct. 31st and I absolutely loved the video they were playing in the screen while playing lovers in japan.

Does anybody know how to get it? Has it been leaked somewhere?

I now have the actual video for that song (FREE ON ITUNES FOR LIMITED TIME), and the video I am talking about appears in the background towards the end of the actual video.

If you know anything about it, let me know!

Mimixxx, those pictures are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Also, does anyone know which song it was where Guy was singing baritone while Chris was singing falsetto? They sounded amazing, but I don't remember which song it was. I just remember looking at Guy and thinking, "That's Guy's voice!? He needs to do that more often!"

Mimixxx, those pictures are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Also, does anyone know which song it was where Guy was singing baritone while Chris was singing falsetto? They sounded amazing, but I don't remember which song it was. I just remember looking at Guy and thinking, "That's Guy's voice!? He needs to do that more often!"

It was during Chinese Sleep Chant. You can hear a little of him at the end of my video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWeyWELsUM8

Here a couple of short clips.

First the crowd clapping along to the Blue Danube just before lights out.

th_dcBlueDanubeclap-along.jpg

Chris Martin piano recital :P

th_dc103.jpg

Awww Will!

th_dcHardestPart.jpg

I think I was the only one, with Chris feet away from me singing The Hardest Part, was turned around facing the main stage to look at Will's accompanying singing.:blush:

Thanks for posting all these great vids Angie. I still love your camera, 'cause mine still sucks!!!:lol: