✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

31-Oct-08: Washington DC - Verizon Center - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOD. WHAT A CONCERT.

I can confirm that Chris wore the Obama armband. Seeing as I ended up in the SECOND ROW!!!!!!! Almost dead center, but slightly over toward Guy's ramp. If you saw anyone literally freaking out and shaking from overwhelm before the show...yeah, that was me.

Um um um where to start? Well, unfortunately, my camera decided to have almost no battery so I have almost no pictures :( Halloween was definitely mentioned and added a great energy - the roadies and the band and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

They switched up the order of the songs a little bit, and it felt to me like they switched up the setlist. However, that might just be me getting caught up in the moment! They definitely moved Chinese Sleep Chant off of B-stage and did it on the larger stage.

LOTS of cute interaction between Jonny and Chris - I hope someone got it in video! If not I'll have to hope my cellphone caught something of it. LOTS of interaction with Chris and the audience too - not so much political stuff, but typical Chris at his most chatty :D

And, um, at the end I was cheering like the fangirl I am...AND HE LOOKED RIGHT AT ME, POINTED AT ME, AND SAID "EXACTLY". I'm not the only one who saw him do it either - I met other people in my section before the show and they saw it too!

The bat and pumpkin confetti was amazing. They had the usual sort of paper confetti and then they also had metallic pumpkins and bats! I brought some home so I'll try to snap a picture unless someone else has a good photo of them from the venue.

They also turned the magic balls into halloween pumpkins and at one point Jack Skellington's head complete with changing facial expressions. Lots of people dressed up, including quite a few of the roadies. Crowd was GREAT. All the boys were in fine form. Chris took off his jacket fairly early as did Jonny; Guy didn't take anything off but he was only wearing red shirt w/ a vest to begin with so he wouldn't have had much to take off! Will seemed to be really into the drumming thing tonight, particularly during VLV.

I guess the most amazing thing of the entire concert, at least to my eyes, was getting to see them interact. When they'd play near each other they'd talk and chuckle. Their smiles are so priceless! You can really tell they're friends, particularly Chris and Jonny. In addition to the square dancing there were some times when they'd do a sort of "dueling guitars" thing, playing really close to each other.

Sorry this is so long. I'm just so...aah! :D :D :D :D :D YAY COLDPLAY!!!!

Very good report :)

Thanks for all the details and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

And btw. congrats on your moment of 'fame' :laugh3:

Ian posted it already on main page. Here you go:

Setlist:

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Speed Of Sound

Cemeteries Of London

Chinese Sleep Chant

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)

Talk (techno version)

The Hardest Part (piano - Chris)

Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)

Viva La Vida

Lost!

The Scientist (acoustic)

Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic - Will singing)

Viva La Vida (remix interlude)

------

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death And All His Friends

-------

Yellow

The Escapist (outro)

bow video. not sure if youtube version is clear enough for belly button view.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30SuHkoffGQ]YouTube - End of Show[/ame]

the Halloween magic balls started with COL. They also had ones that had skeleton faces. I have that on some video, but no stills. Uploading IMP now.

bow video. not sure if youtube version is clear enough for belly button view.

the Halloween magic balls started with COL. They also had ones that had skeleton faces. I have that on some video, but no stills. Uploading IMP now.

Is Guy wearing white boxers?:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Ahhhhh that was awesome! But my camera died on me, fuck. I only have crappy cell phone pictures.

Chris changed some of the lyrics for Halloween I noticed. :D

And they played a techno version of God Put a Smile Upon Your Face?!? That was very odd.