✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

'Lost' third single due on 8th september ?

coldpatrix

According to some indiscretions that we consider very

accredited, Coldplay will publish Lost! as the third

single taken from Viva La Vida Or Death And All

His Friends next September, 8th.

The single will be available initially in the United States and

then in Europe.

We expect to learn more in the coming days.

Coldplayzone.it

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thinking:

I'm fucked off that 'Cemeteries' won't even be acknowledged by the band.

it's not on the setlist.

it's not going to be a single,

when it's great live material.

and it would be a great single.

ffs.

I agree, but I don't think CoL would translate well as a single. 'Lost!' is ike a readymade single, it's got the cool hip-hop beat and uplifting lyrics. I don't think many non-coldplay fans would understand CoL- although it would have a great music video :D because of the story-telling aspect of it.

i hope there'll be b-sides to this one! without b-sides, i don't care too much about singles.

but i thought lovers in japan was supposed to be the next single...? :thinking: i thought they shot the video and everything.

'Lovers in Japan' might be after 'Lost!'. I saw this Best Buy commercial today that was promoting their album and it said "Includes the hit single Viva La Vida. Also includes Violet Hill, Lost!, and Lovers in Japan!"

'Lovers in Japan' might be after 'Lost!'. I saw this Best Buy commercial today that was promoting their album and it said "Includes the hit single Viva La Vida. Also includes Violet Hill, Lost!, and Lovers in Japan!"

Gah I saw that too!!! So hopefully LIJ will be the last one. :nice:

As much as some songs are amazing, some don't translate to good singles. There's always that marketability, etc. etc. and so I don't think COL would be a good single, although it is SUCH a good song.

This really isn't a surprise. They filmed a video for it, it's already charted in the UK and US (albeit low and solely on downloads), and they've been performing it alot (even Today Show). And besides, it's a standout track on the album. Hopefully it'll do well.

HOWEVER, if Lovers In Japan is not their 4th single I will THROW A FIT (just I like I did when White Shadows got the boot in favor of The Hardest Part!). No other song on the album deserves to be a single more than Lovers at this point. So, that's all I'm saying. Do the whole "Lost!-thing," but make sure Lovers comes next!

Dave

HOWEVER, if Lovers In Japan is not their 4th single I will THROW A FIT (just I like I did when White Shadows got the boot in favor of The Hardest Part!). No other song on the album deserves to be a single more than Lovers at this point. So, that's all I'm saying. Do the whole "Lost!-thing," but make sure Lovers comes next!

My sentiments exactly. Both songs are are prime single material.

Hmm, on second thoughts, I guess Viva La Vida isn't exactly an obvious single is it, or is it? How commercial are string quartets and Jerusalem bells these days? I don't know... to hell with it, release Ode To Deodorant as a single; that'll take the airwaves by storm for sure.

They should just say, "Bollocks to marketability" and put out the most interesting, less-obvious tracks as singles otherwise we'll be consigned to radio-friendly meh-ness for eternity.

If they said bollocks to marketability then they wouldn't put out any singles :P

What the world needs now is an artist who releases complete solid albums with flow between tracks which is a piece of artwork on it's own.

Of course. If anybody thought anything BUT Violet Hill, Viva La Vida, Lost!, and Lovers In Japan are going to be singles, you're just going to be let down. The only other song they MIGHT (MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT) be able to pull off is 42. But that's still a bit of a stretch (although still possible). The rest of the tracks on the album, although amazing, aren't single material. But sometimes the album tracks are better than the singles themselves (Politik, High Speed, Everything's Not Lost, Warning Sign, Amsterdam, White Shadows (could've been a single, though), Swallowed In The Sea, etc.).

But when it really comes down to it, singles are meant to promote an album. The public would NEVER understand Cemeteries Of London or Death And All His Friends. They're two of the best constructed songs on the album, but not radio friendly. HOWEVER, Lovers In Japan happens to be both one of the best songs in the album (in it's own right) as well as one of the most single-worthy tracks. The performance is STELLAR in concerts, and people just love it! Just pray Lost! helps shift alot of copies of VLAoDAAHF so we can get an international single #4 (for the first time...Don't Panic, GPASUYF, and The Hardest Part/What If? weren't international releases!)

Dave