✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Coldplay Messenger

Cobalt

Coldplay launch Tap Tap app

COLDPLAY iPHONE GAME LAUNCHES

Hello again. Our big news in today's Messenger is the launch of a terrific Coldplay game for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Tap Tap Revenge: Coldplay Edition is the latest release in the Tap Tap Revenge series, which allow you to tap along to songs on your iPhone/iPod Touch.

The game features ten full Coldplay songs to play along to, with graphics and effects inspired by the band's videos. It also includes a Coldplay.com news feed and Facebook Connect, so that you can flaunt your scores to the world. The game is available from iTunes stores throughout the world. Click here if you'd like to buy it.

WE'VE GOT A NEW MOBILE SITE TOO

If you'd like to keep up with Coldplay happenings while you're on the move, then check out our new mobile site. It's set up so that if you head to Coldplay.com via the broswer on your mobile/cell, iPhone or Blackberry, you should automatically be diverted to the mobile site (if not, then just go to coldplay.com/mobile/). As well as the latest news and tour dates, you'll be able to check out videos and pictures. Plus, we've just added an Oracle section, so that you can keep up with the latest answers wherever you are.

GUY TALKS TO COLDPLAY.COM

Last week, Coldplay.com posted an exclusive interview with Guy in which he talked about the band's recent tour, plans for the stadium shows and his thoughts about the less-than-gorgeous Guy puppet from the LITii video. Click here to read it. While you're on the site, check out Roadie #42's end-of-tour blog and a full list of the band's upcoming shows.

WIN A COLDPLAY iPOD

In 2008, the kind folks at Apple gave Coldplay a set of very exclusive iPods, with the Coldplay logo engraved on the back. To celebrate the release of the band's Tap Tap Revenge game, we're giving away the one remaining Coldplay iPod Touch to one of you folks. If you'd like to win this unique piece of Coldplay memorabilia, simply email your name and address to [email protected] before Wednesday 22nd April. One entry per person, please.

We'll leave you with this version of Viva La Vida. It's really very good.

The Coldplay Messenger

Ohhhhhh I would LOOOOOOOOOVE to win this (and so is everybody else, I guess :D)

Those kids singing Viva are awesome!!!

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those kids singing Viva are incredible. I really like how some of them are getting into it!!!

And the prize, well, don't really need it as I already have an iTouch and and iPhone, but I sure would like one with the Coldplay logo carved into it. Alas, I will not be greedy, seeing that I am fortunate enough to have an iTouch already, so I'll leave the prize for the rest of you to win.

Can somebody help me please? I just signed up for that Messenger thingy on coldplay.com, so what now? Should I get an email now or something? :confused: And, does it matter if I haven't entered Post code and Mobile?

Sorry for being uninformed... :(

And the prize, well, don't really need it as I already have an iTouch and and iPhone, but I sure would like one with the Coldplay logo carved into it. Alas, I will not be greedy, seeing that I am fortunate enough to have an iTouch already, so I'll leave the prize for the rest of you to win.

I was going to enter, but I think you've just guilted me into not entering! :)

That prize is AWESOME!

Me likey! :tongue:

*Sends an e-mail!*

Can somebody help me please? I just signed up for that Messenger thingy on coldplay.com, so what now? Should I get an email now or something? :confused: And, does it matter if I haven't entered Post code and Mobile?

Sorry for being uninformed... :(

Well, I think you should get the next edition then, I'm not sure! :shrug:

Well, I think you should get the next edition then, I'm not sure! :shrug:

Thanks! But can I still participate in that WIN A COLDPLAY iPOD thingy? Is that for everybody?

• 4 weeks later...

newmailerno15.jpg

COLDPLAY LIVE ALBUM TO BE

GIVEN AWAY

FREE LIVE ALBUM AT SHOWS AND ONLINE

Hello again. We begin with the news that Coldplay will be giving away a live CD, LeftRightLeftRightLeft, at every remaining live show in 2009 (apart from festival shows). Starting with the band's first North American tour date, at West Palm Beach in Florida on May 15th, every fan attending a show will be given a free copy of the nine-track CD. Also on May 15th, LeftRightLeftRightLeft will be made available as a free download from Coldplay.com, for fans everywhere.

According to the band, the give-away is meant as a recession-busting mark of gratitude to everyone who's supported them: "Playing live is what we love. This album is a thank you to our fans - the people who give us a reason to do it and make it happen."

The album was recorded over the past year in various cities around the world on the Viva La Vida tour. To see LRLRL's tracklisting and artwork, click here .

FULL SUPPORT BILL FOR N.AMERICAN SHOWS

We're pleased to confirm the final list of support acts for Coldplay's North American tour. Click on the links to check out their music at your local iTunes store.

Opening act:

Howling Bells: May 15th-21st - iTunes page

Kitty, Daisy and Lewis: July 10th-August 9th -

Main support:

Pete Yorn: May 15th-June 4th - iTunes page

Snow Patrol: June 5th-21st - iTunes page

Amadou & Mariam July 10th-24th - iTunes page

Elbow: July 25th-August 9th - iTunes page

To see the full list of Coldplay's upcoming shows across North America and Europe, click here .

DOWNLOAD JON HOPKINS' VIVA TRACK

At the beginning and end of Coldplay's current album, you can hear a snippet of Light Through The Veins by Jon Hopkins, the band's friend, collaborator and frequent support act. That track will be released in full on Hopkins' terrific new album, [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Insides-Jon-Hopkins/dp/B001U7FWLY]Insides[/ame] , on May 4th.

But it's currently available to download for free by clicking here .

WIN A SIGNED COPY OF THE LIVE ALBUM

The CD version of LeftRightLeftRightLeft will not be available anywhere apart from the gigs, but we have managed to nab one copy, which the band will sign, to give away to you folks. To win it, simply email your name and address to [email protected] before Tuesday 12th May. One entry per person, please. The winner of the Coldplay iPod Touch from TCM14 was Paolo M from Croydon, UK (congrats Paolo!).

We'll leave you with an oddly compelling film of a chap playing In My Place on the new Coldplay Tap Tap Revenge iPhone game .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_JBuhcQ9ew]YouTube - Tap Tap Coldplay for iPhone[/ame]

The Coldplay Messenger

coldplay.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_JBuhcQ9ew]YouTube - Tap Tap Coldplay for iPhone[/ame]

The last part is so intense, my adrenaline got going watching that, awesome! :D

• 2 months later...

newmailer_no18.jpg

Watch Strawberry Swing video preview

STRAWBERRY SWING VIDEO - ONLINE AND IN CINEMAS

Hello again. We're pleased to announce that the new video for Strawberry Swing will premiere on Monday July 20th on Babelgum.com. The groundbreaking short film was directed by visual artists Shynola and features Chris Martin as an animated superhero in a chalk-drawn world (with a killer squirrel). The film will also be shown at ODEON cinemas across the UK from July 22nd, where it will be programmed in front of both Bruno and The Proposal. You can watch a sneak preview of the video, plus some stills from the full version, on Coldplay.com right now by clicking here.

SINGLE RELEASE DETAILS

Strawberry Swing will be released globally as a digital download on September 14th. The video will be commercially available a little while before that, on August 3rd. You can check out the artwork for the single at Coldplay.com by clicking here.

ELBOW ADDED TO DUBLIN BILL

Wonderful Bury tunesmiths Elbow have joined White Lies on the bill for Coldplay's show at Dublin's Phoenix Park on 14th September. Click here if you'd like to buy tickets or check out the full list of upcoming Coldplay shows, plus support bills.

WIN A SIGNED PROMO SINGLE

It seemed only appropriate that our prize in this Messenger should be a very rare promo CD single of Strawberry Swing, which will be signed by the entire band. If you'd like to win it, then simply send your name and address to [email protected] before Tuesday July 28th. One entry per person please.

Prefer your strawberries with shortcake?

The Coldplay Messenger

• 1 month later...

Squeeee! Another Live blog!

mailerv2_01.jpg

Join us backstage at the Esprit Arena

LIVE BLOGGING FROM DUSSELDORF

Hello again. Tomorrow (Thursday, August 27th) Coldplay.com will be heading out to Dusseldorf for another live photoblog. We'll be backstage at the Esprit Arena, giving you a behind-the-scenes look at the build-up to the gig, plus pics from the show, as it happens. It'll be a bit like our Roskilde photoblog, only different. Join us at Coldplay.com from about 1pm on Thursday (UK time) to be a part of it.

STRAWBERRY SWING UPDATE

You may well have seen the amazing Strawberry Swing video by now - if not, then click here to check it out. If you love it so much you'd like to own it, you can download the video from the iTunes store by clicking here. Also available from iTunes is Babelgum's terrific free Strawberry Swing iPhone app, which includes the Strawberry Swing video along with a Coldplay news feed and a game based on the video. You can get that from here.

COLDPLAY.COM NEWS

It's been as busy as ever on Coldplay.com since the Messenger was last in touch. We've interviewed Strawberry Swing video directors Shynola, and chatted with support acts Elbow, Amadou & Mariam, Kitty, Daisy & Lewis and White Lies. Plus, we've posted some video highlights from the first stadium show and been kept bang up to date by Roadie #42's blogs. And, of course, the Oracle is still very much in session, answering your questions.

LAST FEW TICKETS

The European stadium tour is now almost sold out, but there are still some tickets for the shows in Manchester on Sept 12th (with Jay-Z and White Lies) and Dublin on Sept 14th (with Elbow and White Lies). You'd best be quick, though.

WIN THE LATEST LAUNDRY BAG - SIGNED!

A new leg of the tour means a new Coldplay laundry bag has been handed out to the band and crew. We managed to snare one to give away to you folks, and got it signed by the whole band. To be in with a chance of winning the bag simply send your name and address to [email protected] before Wednesday September 9th. One entry per person please.

Shall we get digital? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhXAMqvjJ_c]Yes, let's[/ame].

The Coldplay Messenger