✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ambient music before the gigs of COLDPLAY ?

cha buckland

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know what the first song is that plays before Coldplay? It sounds sort of like Sigur Ros, but I'm not sure. It's the first song when they start setting the stage for Coldplay. I've seen a few shows this tour and cannot figure it out.

Thanks much.

• 4 weeks later...

Ambient Music played at concerts?

Ive been to 3 concerts on this Viva tour.And every time they play this ambient music.I was wondering if anyone knows who its by.Its kind of hard to describe the music but I know its ambient.I would guess Brian Eno but im not sure.I guess I could research but if anyone knows that would be awesome.Thanks!!

Yea,but thats classical music.Its some ambient music way before they play that.Its killing me!!

Yes, I heard in Strasbourg last year and my friend and me were talking about it then.

We both loved it but couldn't think of a way to find out what it is...

See if this is the one. Grabbed this from the "other" thread..

"alright so it's not Brain Eno it's a DJ by the name of Jon Hopkins.

Check out his myspace and listen to Light through the veins... Where have I heard that before hmm?

http://www.myspace.com/jonhopkins"

Ok so I need your help. I'm also looking for a song among one of the songs played before the concert. The chorus of the song had something like "... is melting me. The world.... sign". Female voice.. sounds a bit New Age-y. Yeah I know it's not much to go on but if someone knows I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Jon Hopkins would be a good guess.I checked out all his songs on itunes and listened to the 30 second previews but couldnt find anything that was played at the concert.It could be Jon maybe I need to listen and do some more research.It is buggin me!!I want to find that song!!Maybe someone who is going to a concert can record the ambient music while its being played.

It's not Jon Hopkins. I have his album and saw him when he opened. I know what you are referring to, but I am not sure what it is.

There was a ambient-synth style song that played before Snow Patrol went on during the last part of their arena shows in the US. That song is called "Jump in the Pool" by Friendly Fires.