✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Getting a Set list

nsare001

I also tried to get a setlist at the show in Cologne, but right after the gig, the security guys told everyone in the front rows to leave. :( They really seemed to be in a hurry to get everyone out of the building and they weren't very nice either...

Has anyone managed to get the setlist from the show in Cologne??

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also tried to get a setlist at the show in Cologne, but right after the gig, the security guys told everyone in the front rows to leave. :( They really seemed to be in a hurry to get everyone out of the building and they weren't very nice either...

Has anyone managed to get the setlist from the show in Cologne??

same thing happened last night in new jersey. the security was really mean and just wanted us to leave.. but my sister kept screaming matt's name and eventually he came and gave her a setlist..

same thing happened last night in new jersey. the security was really mean and just wanted us to leave.. but my sister kept screaming matt's name and eventually he came and gave her a setlist..

your sis is good! just be determend and eventually you'll succeed!

i got a setlist from the San Jose gig :nice:

assuming that security won't be jerks about getting everyone to leave, hang out and simply ask the person on the stage for a setlist. the tech guy who gave me the setlist was super nice and didn't mind at all (actually he joked at me cause i was so worked up about getting the setlist, LoL, but it's all good anyway).....gah, i should've asked for his name or taken a picture with him!

(btw: what does Matt look like? it might've been him, i guess)

if the setlists are gone, try for the guitar picks or drum sticks, or whatever. i remember someone on here asked for Chris's fingertape during the last tour.....:laugh3:....but at the very least you've got butterfly confetti.

I am said sister! I've noticed with a lot of people who have Matt-giving-them-setlist-stories he ignores us for the most part until finally caving and going to get one :laugh3:

Here's a pic of it :

IMG_0667-1-1.jpg

as for what Matt looks like he's skinny and bald (all of the roadies wear black) and he usually wears a black wristband and has a tattoo on his left arm....that's not too stalkery of me, is it?:thinking: There's a pic somewhere around these boards but I'm too lazy to go find it.

With all my blabbing away, I actually forgot to mention that I got a setlist on Monday! We waited a bit after show was over when they're very quickly packing up the stage, and the security guards are trying to clear the floor. Christa was busy picking up a million butterflies LOL, so I walked up to the stage. As I get close a girl next to me caught one of Will's drumsticks someone threw off the stage!!!:bomb:

I immediately start screaming my head off-PLEASE PLEASE CANIHAVEADRUMSTICK A PICK A SETLIST ANYTHINNGGGG! And the security is like, gotta move out, go go! But then a nice older man (with the band maybe?)went underneath the stage and then handed me a setlist!!! (thank you whoever you are mister!:kiss:) It was from the show in Cleveland on 10/21 hehe, but who cares! ( it has the correct songs for this show too) It was 'cause the nice man felt bad for me and saw how desperately I was trying:nice: .

So I guess the lesson is, stick around after show is over, run to the stage AS SOON as they start cleaning it up, and beg beg beg! and may the Coldplay-karma be with you!:D

• 4 weeks later...

I got one at the concert in Oslo in September:) I saw a man on the stage after the concert trying to give away the setlist to someone and decided to give it to a girl, but she didn't notice him, so I just ran forward to him and reached for it and got it:) It didn't have any handwritten text on it though.. I think it could have been Jonny's, since I stood right in front of him the whole concert:D It's now framed with the ticket and some butterflies:) Can't wait to see them live in London in September!!!:dozey:

With all my blabbing away, I actually forgot to mention that I got a setlist on Monday! We waited a bit after show was over when they're very quickly packing up the stage, and the security guards are trying to clear the floor. Christa was busy picking up a million butterflies LOL, so I walked up to the stage. As I get close a girl next to me caught one of Will's drumsticks someone threw off the stage!!!:bomb:

I immediately start screaming my head off-PLEASE PLEASE CANIHAVEADRUMSTICK A PICK A SETLIST ANYTHINNGGGG! And the security is like, gotta move out, go go! But then a nice older man (with the band maybe?)went underneath the stage and then handed me a setlist!!! (thank you whoever you are mister!:kiss:) It was from the show in Cleveland on 10/21 hehe, but who cares! ( it has the correct songs for this show too) It was 'cause the nice man felt bad for me and saw how desperately I was trying:nice: .

So I guess the lesson is, stick around after show is over, run to the stage AS SOON as they start cleaning it up, and beg beg beg! and may the Coldplay-karma be with you!:D

yes :)

LoL something similar happened to me at the last concert:

I HAULED on over from the other end of the arena to the side of the stage, and asked the techie (who was pressing all the buttons for the backdrops and magic balls......he has a ponytail and a beard....?) if there was another setlist lying around. The guy at first said that they were all gone, but in front of the table was another setlist (later it turns out, that was a copy of the Atlanta gig's). :thinking: That didn't really stop me, and he quickly began to tease me while I was begging "PLEASEPLEASEPRETTYPLEASEPLEEEEEAAAASE?!" Next excuse he came up with was that he couldn't leave his position (but the way he said it wasn't very serious). :dozey: So, hey, what a professional for keeping focus on his job, right? I complimented him for his dedicated work ethic (all of which ended up being pretty funny cause he acted incredibly smug :laugh3:). While I ran to go get the butterflies, the same tech guy called out for me and then handed over the Atlanta setlist (pretty much the same song order for that night anyway). I also got to chat with him for a bit, and supposedly he'll be over in the UK for the tours too, including Wembley. :nice: VERY nice person on the production team (but I forgot to ask him his name...oh well).

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I figured I'd add my two cents here since I got a setlist on Thursday (squeee!)....

I was front row, and as soon as we settled into our spots, I befriended the security guy where we were, named Glenn... He was so sweet! I told him how much of a fan I was, and how I've been dying for a setlist, and he said he'd do his best, but he'd never really heard of the whole trying-to-get-a-setlist thing. So when the show was over, I started hysterically screaming "SETLIST PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, SETLIST!!!", and so did the girls next to me. So I thought "hell no, that setlist is MINE!", and I must've won because after a couple of minutes one of the roadies turned to me and threw a setlist towards me! It bounced off my hand but my BFF Glenn got it for me and gave it to me :nice:

So my "how to" tips are:

1) Befriend security (which I would've done anyway because he was so nice!)

2) Scream REALLY loudly and persistently

3) Don't be intimidated if other people start yelling too, Coldplaying karma is on your side!

And here's a pic of the setlist (along with LRLRL and butterflies that the boys had stepped on, also courtesy of Glenn):

9530793.jpg

Good luck everyone! The tips in this thread are super helpful, I couldn't have gotten mine without them :nice:

• 1 month later...

I got one from one of the security guards. It was a photocopy of one from 3 shows before. But it saved me a lot of time getting out of the stadium. I also got Chris' Parasol (umbrella) from Lovers In Japan. I still cant get over the fact he gave it to me.

That was a great night. Everything went right. Upgrade, Snow Patrol giving me a pick, being centimeters from Chris and Jonny multiple times, getting the Parasol and the set list.

I do regret not making my Me + Guitar = Moses sign though.

I GOT ONE thanks to the lovely roadie Brook !

I was disappointed, and then he came and was holding one, so I didn't dither and caught it as fast as possible :P

also you :bigcry:

what else? :shifty:

Sorry Ahlem :hug:

Actually I was so disappointed because the show was over and because I've missed Chris from 50cms, I didn't even find it that exceptional when the roadie gave it to me... Now I'm really really happy because it seems to be quite rare :nice:

Sorry Ahlem :hug:

Actually I was so disappointed because the show was over and because I've missed Chris from 50cms, I didn't even find it that exceptional when the roadie gave it to me... Now I'm really really happy because it seems to be quite rare :nice:

sure it is special :dozey:

if you don't want it you can always send it to me :D ( joking ok don't hit me :P)