✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

4-Sep-2009: Estadi Olimpic, Barcelona - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Previews

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just arrived home from the concert.

First of all, the sound problems: at Life in Technicolor and Violet Hill there were some problems with the speakers (like little electricity cuts of 1 second), but after that they didn't appear again, maybe later in Strawberry Swing, I don't remember very well. In my place (not the song, more or less 50 meters away the stage) the rest of the concert the sound was OK (at least all you can expect in a big stadium). But it seems that in other parts of the stadium the sound was worse, a lot of people complained about that. Before the encore Chris apologised about that.

The setlist, the same as previous days. Only after Green Eyes, on stage C, they played a song I can't identify. It seemed a traditional song, but I don't know... Maybe someone upload it to youtube and you could find out.

I've just arrived home from the concert.

First of all, the sound problems: at Life in Technicolor and Violet Hill there were some problems with the speakers (like little electricity cuts of 1 second), but after that they didn't appear again, maybe later in Strawberry Swing, I don't remember very well. In my place (not the song, more or less 50 meters away the stage) the rest of the concert the sound was OK (at least all you can expect in a big stadium). But it seems that in other parts of the stadium the sound was worse, a lot of people complained about that. Before the encore Chris apologised about that.

The setlist, the same as previous days. Only after Green Eyes, on stage C, they played a song I can't identify. It seemed a traditional song, but I don't know... Maybe someone upload it to youtube and you could find out.

Not Billy Jean?

A FEW COMMENTS (as published in Lavanguardia.es - link: http://www.lavanguardia.es/lv24h/20090904/comentarios_53777796619-1.html

playadicto| 05.09.2009, 01:26 | | : You can be sure of one thing : The CD distributed at the end of the concert (which was not bad) was better than the concert!!

Uno del concierto: | 05.09.2009, 01:22 | Barcelona | SPANIEN: I think that Coldplay has not lived up to the expectations. The concert was supposed to be about listening to music. It is alright with the balloons, paper butterflies, fireworks and "eccentricity". Billie Jean was shit.... the concert should have lasted longer than Coldplay actually were on stage - referring to the wave created by mobile phones (Mexican Wave) and other issues, 2 hours (it was rather 1 hour, 50 min) was not much. Take the money and run.

And I just saw that the number of comments after the Lavanguardia.es article are going up fast !

Most of the 18 comments I have copied (will translate them later today) were about the sound problems. Now the number of comments have increased to 34 comments.

I'M BAAACK! awesome show, im fucking tired :awesome:

sound problems, just little cuts in violet hill, that was all :confused:

setlist...

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Yellow

Glass Of Water

Cemeteries Of London

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)

Talk (techno version)

The Hardest Part (Chris piano)

Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)

Viva La Vida

Lost!

Green Eyes (Acoustic)

weird rhymes song

Death Will Never Conquer (Acoustic, sung by Will)

Billie Jean (Acoustic)

Viva La Vida (remix interlude)

------

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death And All His Friends

-------

The Scientist

Life in Technicolor ii

The Escapist (outro)

crowd was IN-CRE-DI-BLE, everybody standing up from damn beggining to damn end (i was in the seating zone), they knew a lot of songs (only Glass of Water failed a little in crowd response) and singing along veeeeeery loud. the cellphone wave was really cool, and the amount of people there was just INSANE! the pit was crowded, i'd never seen something like that. oh well, good night.

Ouch!

A FEW COMMENTS (as published in Lavanguardia.es - link: http://www.lavanguardia.es/lv24h/20090904/comentarios_53777796619-1.html

playadicto| 05.09.2009, 01:26 | | : You can be sure of one thing : The CD distributed at the end of the concert (which was not bad) was better than the concert!!

Uno del concierto: | 05.09.2009, 01:22 | Barcelona | SPANIEN: I think that Coldplay has not lived up to the expectations. The concert was supposed to be about listening to music. It is alright with the balloons, paper butterflies, fireworks and "eccentricity". Billie Jean was shit.... the concert should have lasted longer than Coldplay actually were on stage - referring to the wave created by mobile phones (Mexican Wave) and other issues, 2 hours (it was rather 1 hour, 50 min) was not much. Take the money and run.

And I just saw that the number of comments after the Lavanguardia.es article are going up fast !

Most of the 18 comments I have copied (will translate them later today) were about the sound problems. Now the number of comments have increased to 34 comments.

well, im reading some comments and i can't understand the dissapointment... everything was great! :confused:

and a short set? oh c'mon, 24 songs from a band that only has 4 albums? go and buy some U2 tickets you fuckers :dozey:

For me the sound was correct almost all the time, but it's true that in other parts of the stadium it wasn't, I heard people saying that when we were leaving it.

The setlist would be a loong discussion. 24 songs may sound fine but you shouldn't count as "normal" songs: God put a smile, Talk, that weird one, The escapist... And another ones are pretty short: Postcards, Death will never conquer ...

I think they already have enough material for a concert of 2:15 - 2:30.

But don't misunderstand me! I'm pretty happy with the show tonight!

I willl look for the positives in my review.....

Will has learnt spanish.... he speaks better spanish than chris I think I am sure he is like me, and has seen the perfect one but she does not speak english... only spanish..

The sound issues where I was seemed very apearant, nad highlighted they were playing a Cd in the background.

75 euros is a lot of money, and its bad that ,was the average price to go in.. why ??

they need to play more music from parachuets... there are some great songs for the fans on there, but something tells me, coldplay can not be botherd, as the other songs from the other albums are way to easy to play...

Harsh, no? :confused:

Hello

I was standing, near the left catwalk. They experienced strong problems at the beginning of the concert, that happened when strong light where used => sound problems (no sound and a CRSSSCRCRCR!! sound each time that big lights shined), imagine glass of water with that problem. Suddenly the music volume was lowered in a few songs (I suppose while they where searching where the problem came from), and for more or less two song it was hard to listen Chris,

But then all began to go perfect. I enjoyed this concert a lot although I was very worry for them at the beginning. After this problems all began to sound great.

Don't believe people saying that or this was a shit. I was in the middle of morons (some of that commentaries must come from there, sure :sneaky:) That didn't move or sing. But I could hear and see the stadium singing loud, dancing and enjoying this concert. My husband and me didn't stop dancing and singing.

Good night to everybody

(please, forgive me for my bad english)