✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

4-Sep-2009: Estadi Olimpic, Barcelona - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Previews

they need to play more music from parachuets... there are some great songs for the fans on there, but something tells me, coldplay can not be botherd, as the other songs from the other albums are way to easy to play...

The point of this tour is promote their current album. They aren't going to ignore Parachutes, but it's not the focal point.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

set list ^^

setlist...

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Yellow

Glass Of Water

Cemeteries Of London

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)

Talk (techno version)

The Hardest Part (Chris piano)

Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)

Viva La Vida

Lost!

Green Eyes (Acoustic)

weird rhymes song

Death Will Never Conquer (Acoustic, sung by Will)

Billie Jean (Acoustic)

Viva La Vida (remix interlude)

------

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death And All His Friends

-------

The Scientist

Life in Technicolor ii

The Escapist (outro)

Here you go.

Hello

I was standing, near the left catwalk. They experienced strong problems at the beginning of the concert, that happened when strong light where used => sound problems (no sound and a CRSSSCRCRCR!! sound each time that big lights shined), imagine glass of water with that problem. Suddenly the music volume was lowered in a few songs (I suppose while they where searching where the problem came from), and for more or less two song it was hard to listen Chris,

But then all began to go perfect. I enjoyed this concert a lot although I was very worry for them at the beginning. After this problems all began to sound great.

(please, forgive me for my bad english)

That happened when I saw them a year and a bit ago. The main PA would have Treble go way up and Bass way down one moment. Then the next it was vice versa. It wasn't fixed until Politik though.

I feel sorry for the boys, investing so much in all the cameras only to be done in by botchy sound. It must feel like getting kicked in the nuts and hard.

I enjoyed my show too! Its the important thing.

Your english is very good too. I didnt notice much! Glad you enjoyed yourself. I hope you get your show on DVD, just slightly less cause I want Vancouver!

more photos by majoflower on FLickr

Concierto de Colplay 04/09/09

Grabación de DVD de la gira.

Suena Life in Technicolor y comienza algunos fallos de sonido, se solucionan perooooo.... aún así increibles. Con version de canción de Michael Billie Jean de Michael Jackson en acústico... y REGALO DE CD.

Son los mejores y unos encantos

[ame=http://www.flickr.com/photos/majoflower/sets/72157622246395400/show/]Coldplay Concert[/ame]

setlist...

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Yellow

Glass Of Water

Cemeteries Of London

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)

Talk (techno version)

The Hardest Part (Chris piano)

Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)

Viva La Vida

Lost!

Green Eyes (Acoustic)

weird rhymes song

Death Will Never Conquer (Acoustic, sung by Will)

Billie Jean (Acoustic)

Viva La Vida (remix interlude)

------

Politik

Lovers In Japan

Death And All His Friends

-------

The Scientist

Life in Technicolor ii

The Escapist (outro)

That weird song after Green Eyes seems to be "Ode to Montreal".

Chris also played Erik Satie's Gnossienne n° 1, on the main stage, at the end of Politik.

I thought Billie Jean was one the very few highlights of the gig.

I have been to 6 coldplay concerts now, and this was poor by their standards...

Still also cant get over the price they charged to get in...

The sound problems were not even reconised by the band until someone told them, they should have played Violet Hill again.... as it ruined the song, and showed them up to have a CD running in the background... !

I still love Coldplay, that love will never go away...

not sure what went on last night. but the difficulties with stadium esp. those who are not cut out to be used for gigs that you have area's in the stadium where the sound can sound really bad which the bands most ot the time don't hear so they can be not aware of the problem if nobody tells them.

I mean normally soundchecks sort out this problem but not always or things go wrong on the night...

pricewise I find Coldplay quite resonable compared to other bands/artists. Sometimes is not even the artists which make up those prices as for example I found the ticket prices in germany much more expensive then in England but then in Germany we do have some stupid taxes which are put on the selling prices.

So, the stadium they played last night is this actually used for gigs normally? Don't think U2 played there when they play barcelona?

P.

I thought Billie Jean was one the very few highlights of the gig.

I have been to 6 coldplay concerts now, and this was poor by their standards...

Still also cant get over the price they charged to get in...

The sound problems were not even reconised by the band until someone told them, they should have played Violet Hill again.... as it ruined the song, and showed them up to have a CD running in the background... !

I still love Coldplay, that love will never go away...

They use a backing track during VH :confused: I knew they did during songs like VLV but Violet Hill? :\ It should be all band, there's no need.

They use a backing track during VH :confused: I knew they did during songs like VLV but Violet Hill? :\ It should be all band, there's no need.

They use a backing track on almost every song ! (LIT, VH, Cemeteries of London, Stawberry swing, 42, VLV, Lost ...)