✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

19-Sep-2009: Wembley Stadium, London - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long is a piece of string?

as a guide, Take That set a new record for the fastest selling tickets for their stadium tour next year. they sold out 5 nights at LCCC in under 5 hours. which averages at an hour per night. Coldplay are only selling tickets for 3 nights , and they in different places. so about 30-40 mins for Wembley to sell out?

How long is a piece of string?

as a guide, Take That set a new record for the fastest selling tickets for their stadium tour next year. they sold out 5 nights at LCCC in under 5 hours. which averages at an hour per night. Coldplay are only selling tickets for 3 nights , and they in different places. so about 30-40 mins for Wembley to sell out?

maybe faster... the ticket sites will crash down und all tickets are sold out when their back online... :thinking: but I think they will announce some more dates. 2-4 shows at each venue...?

I already feel sick about trying to get tickets tomorrow, it brings back memories of failing miserably to get tickets to see u2 a few years ago, I ended up going on a dreadful all in coach trip to Amsterdam just to see them. The concert was brilliant but the journey horrendous. Over 20 hours in a coach each way.

Why do they have 3 ticket agencies selling, how do we know which ones will have the best tickets I wonder or will it just be pot luck? I'd beter search for a venue plan. Oooh I just know I won't sleep tonight!

I already feel sick about trying to get tickets tomorrow, it brings back memories of failing miserably to get tickets to see u2 a few years ago, I ended up going on a dreadful all in coach trip to Amsterdam just to see them. The concert was brilliant but the journey horrendous. Over 20 hours in a coach each way.

Why do they have 3 ticket agencies selling, how do we know which ones will have the best tickets I wonder or will it just be pot luck? I'd beter search for a venue plan. Oooh I just know I won't sleep tonight!

Well, I have just one option, because just one of those deliver tickets to finland. I'm so nervous about getting a ticket, I won't sleep tonight either.

Well it'll just be general admission or seats so I assume they'll be allocated the same.

There's only one site people outside of the UK can use so staying away from that one is probably a good idea. :idea2:

Well it'll just be general admission or seats so I assume they'll be allocated the same.

There's only one site people outside of the UK can use so staying away from that one is probably a good idea. :idea2:

Now i'm even more nervous. :\ I don't have options, so I have to try to get ticket from there...

I don't get what's the problem with Ticketmaster. I've always bought from them without any problem and I tried (just to see if it worked) to buy Take That tickets from Wembley and they gave the FedEx option for sending the tickets, on the other hand it didn't work with Oasis, those were only for people living in the UK...so I think I'm gonna give it a go anyway since no one knows which policy they're gonna adopt for Coldplay, if follow the Take That or the Oasis one (of course I'm hoping for the first).

Ticketmaster isn't showing the Wembley gig at the moment either. Has an insanely expensive club package, and the other two gigs, but no Wembley. Sigh, the stress.
I know, they better add it soon. :\ I kind of really want to get the page favourited so i don't have to worry about finding it tomorrow.

Argh, I'm getting so nervous!

Me too :bigcry:

Would calling be better I wonder? I don't know. I fear the sites are going to crash :\

I've never tried calling, but I would have thought it would be slower, since you would be telling them information over the phone. Which takes longer anyway, and then they'd have to enter all that info into their computers, but I don't know. And what if all the operators are busy? Grr.

I just hope it doesn't crash... I remember it going REALLY slow when I got O2 tickets, but at least it didn't kick me out. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight :P

for the last lot, we used gigsandtours. got through first go & ordered tickets. much easier because they don't tell you your allocation til later. we got much better tickets than any of the seats ticketmaster had been offering. guess it comes down to how desperately you want to go, if you don't mind where you sit as long as you can go, that might be the best option

for the last lot, we used gigsandtours. got through first go & ordered tickets. much easier because they don't tell you your allocation til later. we got much better tickets than any of the seats ticketmaster had been offering. guess it comes down to how desperately you want to go, if you don't mind where you sit as long as you can go, that might be the best option

but if ur standing...aint it basically the earlyer u get there the better??

I met a girl from denmark at the dutch gigs... she also went to germany...

you should totally join us it would be great...

ahem....

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes, I saw in at thread that you and RoosAnne have met. :)

Aww, thanks. :nice: A meetup would be great. We should all meet! Then we could take a picture of us and "send" it to Coldplay. :D

Yes you should go if you can!!!

And you can meet up with everyone here who's going too :nice:

Thanks. :nice: I'll do what I can.

I' ll try getting 2 (standing) tickets. Maybe I will go with my big brother, I don't know, but I don't think I'll get permission to go to London alone. I can't garantee anything... especially if they do come to Denmark anyway.

BTW, how long time before the Take That concert did the tickets go on sale?

Hi everyone,

I'm going to wembley, after a long period of doubt considering travel costs + hotel... But i just don't want to miss it.

Plus the good thing is that with all the economy crashing, 1£=1,20€ !!

Few Months ago it was 1,50€, so it's a great opportunity, see ???!!!! :)

As a result 45£ is cheaper in the end than the 1st Category seats for Paris.

Found also Hotel rooms around 120£ for both the friday and saturday nights.

is anyone in for the option of lowering the costs some how and looking for aplace to stay all together? a lot of people will be going

i fear that coldplayers world wide will colapse internet tomorrow :uhoh:

and surely even the calling option will be very busy :\

which may be will be good i mean, if the service is busy then few people will get to get the tickets due to the failures to ask for them, and so it'll mean that may me there will be still some tickets at midday or so.. i don't know.

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: i'd like to go there so bad

why do they have to sell them tomorrow at the exact time that they will do it? :cry: