✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

10-Sep-2009: Goffertpark, Nijmegen - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jelle: true - many people were lame.

I had a guy next to me texting with someone for 30 min of the concert!

and because I sang every song out loud (eccept for the holland song..), I heard some guy saying "wow, he really knows every song" =D

but those "lame" people were impressed as well, so good job coldplay!

also my first concert, and really not my last one.

true awesomeness!

btw, chris' voice sounded a bit weird when he was talking.. different. but when he sang it looked allright. and at 42, it was really funny, i was standing there like OMG WHATS HE DOING!! he was playing the guitar and he was so into it he forgot to stop on time. so at one moment you saw him having a little shock, he put of the guitar and really throwed it away on the stage and ran to the piano, hit the wrong keys, but then had to laugh very hard. so funny to see.

here the complete rhyming part (i recorded green eyes, happy b-day johnny, rhyming song, dutch song, death will never conquer and billie jean, anyone wants? bad quality but awh, you can hear it)

when the sun goes down and there's no more light.

when you play in holland for the second time in two nights.

and the day .. (didn't understand that, sounded like doudidou!)

if you happy bout that say WOUWOU.

his name is johnny we love him so.

and he.. ghhh.. i don't know!

well.. uhh

it should be perfect obviously but i didn't prepare this bit.

oh you always run the risk that the words are really shit!

oh and we will give you an extra thrill

oh would you please go crazy for our drummer will.

pics coming!

Okay. Sorry for my crappy English. But I gotta try it! :)

Yesterday was AWESOME!!! I was there at 11 AM and only like, 30 people where there. I bought a shirt, a tourbook and a poster :D

Well, doors open. RUN RUN RUN! I runned as hard as I could. AND! I had very good places! On the left catwalk on the left :D I was so happy!

They started playing and it was so freakin' awesome!! The things what shoot butterflies out was right in front of me and the man who did the butterflies etc. Was in front of me too. Me: "Can I have some butterflies please?"

He: "Of course :)"

And he gave me like, 2 hands full of butterflies! I have a bag full now! :D

They were playing so fantastic! I wish I could go back!!

when you play in holland for the second time in two nights.

and the day .. (didn't understand that, sounded like doudidou!)

if you happy bout that say WOUWOU.

his name is johnny we love him so.

and he.. ghhh.. i don't know!

well.. uhh

it should be perfect obviously but i didn't prepare this bit.

oh you always run the risk that the words are really shit!

oh and we will give you an extra thrill

oh would you please go crazy for our drummer will.

pics coming!

"today our friend turns 32"

(that's the doudidou bit)

I love your pictures, BTW.

My review:

Something incredible had to happen to top the first night. (For details check review in the 09/09 thread).

Kirsten dropped me and my brother at the Goffertpark at around 9.45 AM. Carla and Chavi were already there and they kept spots for us. We had a lot of fun during the queuing despite of the lack of sleep! Bad humor in the early hours, I can guarantee you, is not healthy! :lol:

Even before 1 PM they opened the first gate again. People were told not to run and the security kicked 2 girls out who were running! So glad we didn't and we had the same spots in front of the gate as we had the day before.

I even took Kirsten's White Shadows banner with me again because I was trying to get front row again and I got addicted to Guy's killer smiles! So happy that Kirsten would let me take it with me! Thanks a lot! :D

So at a little past 3 they opened the gates, I didn't get patted down this time, got my bag checked and ticket scanned and ran together with my brother!

Sadly we weren't fast enough and by the time we got at the stage we got second row spots. No good for the banner.. :(

Time went by pretty fast and the weather was glorious! Before we knew it, it was 6.30 PM and the first support act was on.

Miss Montreal, a Dutch singer/songwriter with her band. She was fun and the set was pretty good! Especially because they had never played for this big an audience before.

The second support act was White Lies and I was really looking forward to see them. They blew my away at Werchter and I really like their album. They were very good and the set was great! :dance:

We were waiting till the roadies finished setting up the stage when all of a sudden I heard the first tunes of Magnificent! I didn't expect it to happen already! We sang along to the song and after that Jay-Z was on and Wayne did his break dance act! The audience loved it! :D Then the Blue Danube and we all clapped along..

After that.. The boys were on! I freaked out, second time in two days to see the best band in the world! I danced and sang and clapped and jumped! We were right in front of Guy and at the end of Violet Hill, Carla and Chavi helped me to hold up the banner for Guy.

He saw it (couldn't miss it actually ;)) and we got another great smile from him! But since we weren't first row, I couldn't hold it up much because it would annoy the people behind us. I was kinda sad about that to be honest!

But, I enjoyed the gig to the fullest. Holding C&C during Fix You, singing on top of my lungs trough out the whole show. Chris messed up Postcards, but that didn't matter.

65.000 people singing "Happy Birthday" to Jonny and Chris messing up whether it was his birthday on the day of the show, or the day after! Sadly, no Trouble today, but Green Eyes is a beautiful song as well.

During the Viva remix, the crowd started the "ooooooh oooooooh" again which was great! You could see the smiles on the faces of the boys when they came back out on stage.

Politik was another highlight, just as the day before. Lovers In Japan and we got covered in millions of butterflies. I didn't get many this time but that's okay. I've got plenty now. :nice:

Before I knew it they played Death And All His Friends and that made me really sad. The show was almost over and it's my last one for this tour and probably my last one for a very, very long time.

When they played The Scientist, I cried my eyes out. It was the end of a perfect night.. C&C and I hugged, my brother and I hugged and the guys played LIT ii. At first, I couldn't sing because of the lump in my throat. Tears were still streaming down my face and at one point I wiped them away and just at that moment Guy looked my way.

I don't know if he saw it, but if he did, he must think I'm a very weird girl.. Well, he's kinda right about that..

Then the boys were off for real.. The roadies tore the stage apart and I just leaned on the fence, hoping to get something from one of the roadies. Had a little chat with the security guy from the day before, really nice guy!

Then we walked back, got the CD when we left the park and we split up after hugging each other goodbye.

Back at the hotel, lying in my bed I felt very empty.. Of course I'm happy because I've seen two great shows and had the time of my life. I enjoyed both shows to the fullest but the fact that this was the last show for God knows how many years makes me sad.

I am now home, sitting on the couch and writing this review while listening to X&Y. White Shadows put a smile on my face, but I skipped Fix You.. Just because I know that tears will stream down on my face..

That was my first coldplay concert as well.I am from Beijing but I am studying in Nijmegen.For I have classes I did not come until 5 and waited for my friend for one more hour.There was no good places left when I entered.But the most lucky thing is the place I stand is just around the stage where they came to sang birthday song for Jonny.I was so excited:rolleyes::laugh3:

On that night I heard the most beautiful sound I ever heard.When they sang "let's go back to the start"I cried out.I don't know the season.I just know I don't want to leave."It's such a shame for us to part.Nobody said it was easy.No one ever said it would be this hard...

When it was over everybody went towards the gate but I went the opposite direction.I just wanted to take a look what the stage looks like,wanted to pick different colors of buterflies,wanted to get close to where they standed before:cry:

I really love them!It feels like a part of life would be blank without them

On my way back home I can still hear the sound around me"oooooh ooooh"It seemed nothing end.I know they will always be with me...

Thanks for the pictures. So, what spot did you prefer? The front stage or the B-stage one?

That's a really really hard question.. You can see the guys better during the whole show on front stage. But if you are close to B-stage, you can see everything better. The screens, the fireworks and the guys ofc. Since they were only one meter away from me during C-stage.

I loved both and I just cannot choose. I'm glad that I did it this way.

I'm home, writing my review from Wednesday and I'll do the one of yesterday after I finished that one.

It were two great days but knowing that I won't see them again for a long time makes me sad. The withdrawal has hit harder than ever... :bigcry:

Yeah, I know:( I feel exactly the same. I really feel like going to Wembley so so damn bad. But I jus can't go there:cry:

I actually cried during The Scientist. They were just streaming down my face.. Never had that before:P

I miss the guys already :(

Edit; Oh btw Raven, havn't seen you there. I think I saw Kirsten, but I'm not 100% sure. Too bad :(

That was my first coldplay concert as well.I am from Beijing but I am studying in Nijmegen.For I have classes I did not come until 5 and waited for my friend for one more hour.There was no good places left when I entered.But the most lucky thing is the place I stand is just around the stage where they came to sang birthday song for Jonny.I was so excited:rolleyes::laugh3:

On that night I heard the most beautiful sound I ever heard.When they sang "let's go back to the start"I cried out.I don't know the season.I just know I don't want to leave."It's such a shame for us to part.Nobody said it was easy.No one ever said it would be this hard...

When it was over everybody went towards the gate but I went the opposite direction.I just wanted to take a look what the stage looks like,wanted to pick different colors of buterflies,wanted to get close to where they standed before:cry:

I really love them!It feels like a part of life would be blank without them

On my way back home I can still hear the sound around me"oooooh ooooh"It seemed nothing end.I know they will always be with me...

Same here and agree with you. Although I didn't cried I can understand that you do! It was fantastic, they were fantastic!

Just got home to Denmark after a great Coldplay-trip to Holland!

Both nights were simply amazing. We made it to the front row both times which was great.

Chris was so talkactive compared to the other shows I've been to at the VLV-tour. And I thought that the crowd was sooo nice, but I see that other people found the crowd lame?:thinking:

Anyway, the queueing part was great both days! (thanks for the second day Bauk:dance:)

First night I got a setlist and the second night we got a plectrum and a VLV-drumstick. But the best moment was when Jonny came to us after DAAHF and thanked us for our 'Happy early birthday, Jonnyboy'-banner. He smiled, clapped and gave us the thumbs up! Another beautiful thing was when Guy spotted my 10-year-old sister standing with a sign saying 'I'm here, Don't Panic' (her favourite song). He kept smiling at her and waved at her at some point too! After LiT ii Chris also gave her the thumbs up and smiled big time. Awwwwww :heart:.

Seriously two of my best Coldplay concerts so far!! :wacky:

Just got home to Denmark after a great Coldplay-trip to Holland!

Both nights were simply amazing. We made it to the front row both times which was great.

Chris was so talkactive compared to the other shows I've been to at the VLV-tour. And I thought that the crowd was sooo nice, but I see that other people found the crowd lame?:thinking:

Anyway, the queueing part was great both days! (thanks for the second day Bauk:dance:)

First night I got a setlist and the second night we got a plectrum and a VLV-drumstick. But the best moment was when Jonny came to us after DAAHF and thanked us for our 'Happy early birthday, Jonnyboy'-banner. He smiled, clapped and gave us the thumbs up! Another beautiful thing was when Guy spotted my 10-year-old sister standing with a sign saying 'I'm here, Don't Panic' (her favourite song). He kept smiling at her and waved at her at some point too! After LiT ii Chris also gave her the thumbs up and smiled big time. Awwwwww :heart:.

Seriously two of my best Coldplay concerts so far!! :wacky:

That was you who had a"HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY JONNYBOY"banner!

I saw you and took picture of you