✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

10-Sep-2009: Goffertpark, Nijmegen - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

I arrived home 45 minutes ago.

Still could not sleep coz I am too excited.

I really don't know what to say now. But I felt very sad after this concert. Because I don't know when will be the next time that I could see them again in concert.

It was a great night for me. I almost cried....

I was there quite late, 18:30, because of the traffic.

So I was in front row of the middle part. Don't know if I made myself clear. There was an area in front of the stage, but I did not know how to enter. People there all got a red braclet on them. Can anyone tell me how they got it?

So I was behind this fence, where Coldplay passed by during the concert into the crowd. They walked in front of me... hoho, only 50cm distance.

You had to get there early to get in the front section. They count the number of people that are in there (for security reasons). Once the section was full, they handed out wrist bands to the people leaving the section, so that they could get back in. From then on, they no longer allowed anyone else in there.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm still exhausted from yesterdays traffic. It was very frustrating getting in and out of Nijmegen. I don't think Nijmegen is able to host events like this.

Apart from that. Loved the concert. The crowd seemed to be a bit lame, as said before, like Chris, it took some time to get into the concert.

Chris was really relaxed, knows what he's doing, even when he makes mistakes in front of 60,000 people. Absolutely fantastic.

The setting was amazing I think, loved the fireworks, but not as much as I loved Lovers in Japan with al the butterflies flying around.

Do think it sounds better in Ahoy, bass is louder than, but it's just amazing to be at a concert like this. They were excellent and energetic.

You had to get there early to get in the front section. They count the number of people that are in there (for security reasons). Once the section was full, they handed out wrist bands to the people leaving the section, so that they could get back in. From then on, they no longer allowed anyone else in there.

Oh, that's why. I see.... Thank you.

I only slept 5 hours last night. Could not sleep anymore since I'm still excited and exhausted.

But it feels more than excitement, I also feel empty. I mean, when would be the next time to have such a great concert?? 2 years? 5 years? Or long? Or never?

Whaaa just had the best day! I made it front row, got a setlist and I touched Jonny when he ran to the c-stage :wacky: They were so close, simply amazing! Oh and I spotted Kelly, Hoppy and Bash, and Miller who was taking pictures of the crowd.

Though the crowd was lame and Chris really did look sick, it was an absolutely amazing gig and I enjoyed every minute of it. Will post review tomorrow, I really need some sleep now!

Did Chris really look sick? Because I saw them in Paris on Monday, they seemed a litte bit tired but ok. Chris had a scarf but was as energetic as usual and his voice was as beautiful as usual too.

So is his cold getting worse??? :confused:

C-stage pics:

I like this one :nice:

3907460567_4f56466eb7_b.jpg

I love it!!! :heart:

What was Chris saying?

We want a video!!! :wink3:

Did Chris really look sick? Because I saw them in Paris on Monday, they seemed a litte bit tired but ok. Chris had a scarf but was as energetic as usual and his voice was as beautiful as usual too.

So is his cold getting worse??? :confused:

I love it!!! :heart:

What was Chris saying?

We want a video!!! :wink3:

awwwww what a super cute piccie......look at cute little Guy there...I want to squeeze his cheek...:blush:

His voice was perfect, nothing wrong with that. He sang amazing, yersterday.

It could be that he is just exhausted. He was very very white in his face, dark rings under his eyes, he was not as funny or energetic as usual... Poor guy, he really needs some time off :\

Oh by the way: did you guys hear the noise backstage right before and after the support act? Sounded like they had a party back there. I wonder if they were celebrating Jonny's birthday? :thinking:

Would be nice if they gave him a party! :nice:

Wow.. That's the only word I can say about the last two days.

They have been awesome! It's been lovely to meet a lot of people and the concert itself was absolutely stunning. I never have cried when I went to a concert,l but yesterday I did:laugh3:

I just love the scientist and my best friend was with me, so I couldn't help myself :p

On the first night I was second row in front of Chris and on the second night I was next to the B-stage. I don't know how I did it, but some of my photo's turned out to be ok.

So here's a linky my photo's:

spacer.png

It was my first Coldplay concert ever and I could never describe my feelings with words.

It's the best and the worst feeling ever at the same time. I mis them so much already. But it was so amazing, they were incredible. I was on the second row at the front stage and I was at the Goffertpark at 9:45 (it was the earliest I could possibly make, I woke up at 6 and had the train from Leiden at 6:52 and made sure my parents didn't notice I wasn't going to school, if I could I would've gone the day before that too). I ran as hard as I could when the time was there, but unfortunatly others run harder so I didn't make it to the total front. I hope to improve that next time:P

I just loved Coldplay so much. The butterflies, balloons, fireworks. The different stages, the energy, the fun they have together, the weird little song they made up befor 'Death will never conquer'. They are so incredible, so sweet, so grand and still they are able to be just a music making group of friends. I love them.

I have to admit the crowd was kind of lame, I was hoping for the Viva la Vida cheer all day long but that didn't really work out that way. But really I'm in shock and I'll be like forever:P

It was my first Coldplay concert ever and I could never describe my feelings with words.

It's the best and the worst feeling ever at the same time. I mis them so much already. But it was so amazing, they were incredible. I was on the second row at the front stage and I was at the Goffertpark at 9:45 (it was the earliest I could possibly make, I woke up at 6 and had the train from Leiden at 6:52 and made sure my parents didn't notice I wasn't going to school, if I could I would've gone the day before that too). I ran as hard as I could when the time was there, but unfortunatly others run harder so I didn't make it to the total front. I hope to improve that next time:P

I just loved Coldplay so much. The butterflies, balloons, fireworks. The different stages, the energy, the fun they have together, the weird little song they made up befor 'Death will never conquer'. They are so incredible, so sweet, so grand and still they are able to be just a music making group of friends. I love them.

I have to admit the crowd was kind of lame, I was hoping for the Viva la Vida cheer all day long but that didn't really work out that way. But really I'm in shock and I'll be like forever:P

Welcome to Coldplaying!!!!

Glad to hear you had a great time!! :kiss:

This is a good place to be distracted from the post-concert depression :hug:

It was really amazing. Yesterday was the first concert I ever went to but it was perfect. The butterflie's, balloons and the fireworks. It really left me with a 'Woh-feeling!'. Except the people where a bit lame, but that's possibly because it were 60.000 and so not only die hard fans (like me?). I'm back on Coldplaying.com! :)

Wow.. That's the only word I can say about the last two days.

They have been awesome! It's been lovely to meet a lot of people and the concert itself was absolutely stunning. I never have cried when I went to a concert,l but yesterday I did:laugh3:

I just love the scientist and my best friend was with me, so I couldn't help myself :p

On the first night I was second row in front of Chris and on the second night I was next to the B-stage. I don't know how I did it, but some of my photo's turned out to be ok.

So here's a linky my photo's:

spacer.png

Thanks for the pictures. So, what spot did you prefer? The front stage or the B-stage one?