✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

10-Sep-2009: Goffertpark, Nijmegen - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pris, you got the wrong gig, this is for tomorrow :P

Bahahahahahaa :dunce: :lol:

Edited the posts, thanks Denise!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And now that I AM on the right thread :lol: I'm gonna update on the girls' status :nice: Kirsten in on second row at the C stage and Hester's at the second row - main stage :dance: According to their tweets the first support act's set just ended and they're waiting for WL :D

According to the girl's tweets, White Lies are done with their set :D and the cp roadies are getting the stage ready for the band :dance:

EDIT

littlemissmessy Magnificent

14 minutes ago from txt

Sot he show should be on right now :dance:

omfg, i just got home from the concert. it was freaking amazing! i was there on time, so i had fine places. when we could go into the park, i just run the fast i could. guess what? first row place at the fences in de middle of the stage. i felt so great. when the boys came on stage everybody was freaking out. i saw chris really close and you could see he didn't felt good at all. he looked white, had a scarf around his neck en looked very tired. he needed 3 songs to get in it. then he was back! he was screaming, jumping, running, laughing, everything. so amazing. in the middle of postcards from far away he stoped, looked at johnny on the stage and said 'i really fucked up that part, i'm sorry for that! lets go 2 minutes back, yknow, lalala that was the hardest part!!! wow, wasn't that amazing?' and played pffa again. the boys had so much fun on stage, they were all dancing, running, throwing with everything. it was great to see. later on the c-stage we sang happy b-day for johnny! but he felt really embaressed, pretty cute. then he came with the rhyming part just before death will never conquer, but at the half he coudn't find the word so it was. nananana idont know! i didn't really prepared this part of it, so then you get words that sound like shit. (or something like that) it was really funny to hear and see. i really loved the show. i'm so 'high' at the moment, can't sleep. it REALLY was the best day of my life. guys, thank you SOOOOOOO much!

edit: they played green eyes instead of trouble

I just got back.

I got there pretty early too and was having a few doubts about where to stand: at the front of the stage (about 4th row or so at that stage) or near stage B. I decided on the latter as it seemed the stage was quite high up and I figured I'd get a sore neck. And near stage B, I could lean against the railings. To see Chris up close, it was a brilliant choice. It's just a shame the people around me were like dead fish. None of them were singing. It felt like a rather lame crowd, to be honest. It took some time for the crowd to warm up. Or maybe it's because I'm comparing it to Werchter. I suppose a festival crowd is always more fun. At Werchter, people were singing from the very first note. Whereas here, Chris literally had to tell the crowd to start singing and he went over the words first so that people could sing along - and this was for Yellow! Go figure!

I enjoyed the gig, I certainly don't regret going. It was amazing to see Chris so close, to have a clear view of his piano playing. I just wish the people around would have been more interested in the actual gig, rather than taking pictures and videos of it (whilst blocking my view with their digital cameras).

The organisation at Nijmegen was quite good though. It's not that easy to get 60.000 out of a place at once. Traffic was going fairly smoothly.

They played green eyes on the C stage.

(I was talking to one of the security guards a little, before the show. He was a fan of Coldplay too. He said that he expected tonight to be better than last night as he'd heard them try out different songs during sound check. )

Just came back from another amazing night! I arrived at about 4 p.m. and made it tenth row on Guy's side, with a great view to the main and the B-stage. :) The part where he screwed up Postcards was indeed very funny. :D

I also got a better view of the stage and of the fireworks this time, it was really beautiful.

And so... the Nijmegen nights come to an end... the Viva la Vida Tour is almost over, but there is still Wembley as a great finish. After next week I've seen them six times this tour... which is enough. :p

I'll post pictures and vids later (from both nights), I filmed almost the whole acoustic set, with Green Eyes, Happy Birthday for Jonny and the improvisation song.

Setlist the same as always, but they played Green Eyes again instead of Trouble.

Whaaa just had the best day! I made it front row, got a setlist and I touched Jonny when he ran to the c-stage :wacky: They were so close, simply amazing! Oh and I spotted Kelly, Hoppy and Bash, and Miller who was taking pictures of the crowd.

Though the crowd was lame and Chris really did look sick, it was an absolutely amazing gig and I enjoyed every minute of it. Will post review tomorrow, I really need some sleep now!

if i knew how to post the pics, i would :P figure that out tomorrow, after school. have to be in class at 8! but i can't sleep!! well, i'm gonna try to egt some 3 hours of sleep. goodnight everyone and sweet dreams 'bout the concert!:kiss:

Am I glad I can sleep in tomorrow. :D I'm so tired from those two amazing nights, so I should go to sleep.

I arrived home 45 minutes ago.

Still could not sleep coz I am too excited.

I really don't know what to say now. But I felt very sad after this concert. Because I don't know when will be the next time that I could see them again in concert.

It was a great night for me. I almost cried....

I was there quite late, 18:30, because of the traffic.

So I was in front row of the middle part. Don't know if I made myself clear. There was an area in front of the stage, but I did not know how to enter. People there all got a red braclet on them. Can anyone tell me how they got it?

So I was behind this fence, where Coldplay passed by during the concert into the crowd. They walked in front of me... hoho, only 50cm distance.