✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Sep-2009: Wembley Stadium, London - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Frenkerd

Jay-z Wrestles Martin During Coldplay Concert

Rap superstar JAY-Z stunned his pal CHRIS MARTIN on Friday (18Sep09) when he joined the rocker and his band COLDPLAY onstage during their London concert and began wrestling him to the ground.

The Run This Town hitmaker, real name Shawn Carter, has been entertaining fans as the support act on Coldplay’s current U.K. tour - but he had a surprise in store for Martin when the Violet Hill stars performed at Wembley Stadium.

According to reports, Jay-Z appeared on stage as Martin was playing a song on the piano and embraced him in a bear hug before playfully tackling him to the floor.

The friends rolled around on stage before Martin managed to climb to his feet and resume his set.

A source tells OK.co.uk, “It was a strange moment, Everyone went wild when Jay-Z joined the boys on stage but seeing him grab Chris away from the piano and on to the floor was a bit weird to say the least.”

But that wasn’t the audience’s only surprise - Star Trek actor Simon Pegg also joined Coldplay at their London gig and showed off his skills on the harmonica during the band’s rendition of Trouble.

Jay-Z and Martin have been close friends since collaborating in the studio together in 2006 and the pair is regularly spotted out on dinner dates with their respective wives Beyonce and Gwyneth Paltrow.

http://blog.taragana.com/e/2009/09/22/jay-z-wrestles-martin-during-coldplay-concert-35897/

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you're very lucky they didn't confiscate it ! Seems like the only asshole in the security was the guy who checked my bag, he wanted to check everything while I was seeing people running in front of me :angry:

And I think that it wasn't awkward when Jay-z wrestled Chris, it was rather funny and cute !

Finally!! It was possible for me to upload my video :D

Enjoy!

18.09.09. C Stage - Thumbs up from Chris ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsL1W0yVSIM]YouTube - COLDPLAY + SIMON PEGG @ WEMBLEY LONDON 18.09.2009 "WRS", "DWNC", "Trouble"[/ame]

Hi everyone!!

I started writng this review while having a little break at work… otherwise I’d never make it!

And I didn't read what others have written so far!!! :uhoh:

I just can’t believe that exactly a week ago I heard the “Ladies and Gentlemen, the turnstiles are now open” announcement!!

It’s another world… a great one!!!

I think I'm addicted to concerts now... :thinking:

Friday morning I picked up Perrine at the train station and we made our way to the Bakery as it was Perrine’s only possible “time slot” to go there.

Guess who we met?

Maria and her husband!

London appeared so tiny already after accidentally bumping into 3 coldplayers on Thursday!

We had a lovely time walking to the tube station together and talking in about 3 languages at once :)

IMG_1462.jpg

We went back to the hotel, dropped Perrine’s bag in my tiny (but hey, it was clean!!) hotel room and waited for Carol and her friend to arrive.

Just minutes after checking in the 4 of us were on our way to Wembley!

I had bought Frank’s spare pit ticket on Thursday :hug: :dance: and gave my other ticket to Perrine. This way she could see the concert and we didn’t have to make plans for her what to do during the concert!

Once arrived we briefly said Hi to all the lovely people in yellow shirts and Noelia and me sat down on my yellow blanket in the queue. Perrine, Carol and her friend stayed with us, which was nice as they had seats and had to go to a different entrance later.

IMG_1464.jpg

There was music being played through the speakers outside and I started dancing there already :lol:

Josh from Australia approached us and spent some time in the queue with us:

IMG_1474.jpg

Was lovely to meet you!

Hope you had a nice time in the pit!

And we had some party-animal-visitors!!

Thanks again for taking the blanket!!

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

Noelia, Joe, Ian and me wanted to enjoy the concert from the seats… best decision ever.

Everything was so relaxed!

Most people wanted to stand in the pit anyways which gave us the free choice of where to sit down.

Later we were joined by Barbara as well!

I made a walk around the stadium and took some pics from different angles, here in this one you can see Kirsten and her friend for example!!

IMG_1489.jpg

This guy wanted to be in the picture, the other one obviously didn't :laugh4:

The atmosphere was so great...

IMG_1483.jpg

Ian and Joe:

IMG_1499.jpg

The time passed so quickly until White Lies came on stage!!

I really really liked them the first time already and bought their CD on Sunday before the picnic.

Before I went to work today I bought my ticket for next month’s concert near my town to see them again!! :dance:

And it’s a small venue this time… Can’t wait to go there and sing from the top of my lungs “Let’s grow old together….”.

Noelia and me even went down in the pit during their set to dance a little :)

A visit to Kirsten et al. at the C-stage made Ian and me think... there was still enough space!

But first it was time for Girls Aloud…

I think the pictures I took speak for themselves:

Ian, totally impressed:

IMG_1501.jpg

Joe and Noelia suffering:

IMG_1508.jpg

Others enjoyed it however:

IMG_1504.jpg

So before Jay-Z went on Ian and me went to the C-stage!!!

That was one great decision.

It was funny to get to know some fellow smokers as well.

We kept the poor security guys busy… but it was so funny when there was a shot from further back during Jay-Z’s set: Soooo many clouds of smoke :lol:

I was hugely surprised about myself just how much I enjoyed Jay-Z.

I guess I annoyed some people coughKirstenandIwonacough with my dancing :)

Sorry girls, I liked it!!

Especially “Empire State Of Mind”.

During the break I prepared my text message to Chavi, I promised to write when Magnificient comes on… but there wasn’t :lol:

So I edited and texted when the Blue Danube was being played…

Means it’s time for the boys to come on stage!

View from the C-stage to the main stage:

IMG_1526.jpg

...and back:

IMG_1538.jpg

To be honest I just started listening to the LRLRL CD to help my brain come up with some more memories :laugh4:

I can only say that I enjoyed myself a lot and to see the animations during Glass of Water from further back was just awesome.

I filmed Yellow completely… so funny with the X-Factor bit!

Oh and it was a great relief to see that the crowd was into it.

Nothing compared to Saturday in my opinion but then I wasn’t at the same spot on Sat!

Around VLV it became more and more crowded around the C-stage… so I didn’t get that much of Lost+ as I would have wanted but what was about to come was worth it though!

Ian said he’d take pics so I filmed the C-stage.

Maybe you’ve seen Iwona’s video of Jackie checking out Kirsten’s banner, this is when I started filming as well.

It was so surreal to see them walking up to the stage directly in front of us!

But then the big disappointment came: They were barely audible.

All the sound came from the front!!

Which means that we could hear the actual sound of their instruments but not really what it was intended to sound like.

And I won’t upload that video until I found a good video of someone else to replace the sound with :P

This is the Billie Jean part at least:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzn0nMzjTg]YouTube - Coldplay, Simon Pegg - Wembley Stadium (18th) - Mexican Wave, Billie Jean[/ame]

I know many of you wanted to hear them play Trouble but I just don’t like that C-stage version. Any other song would have been better in my opinion.

But that’s the only negative thing I want to say :)

It was over all too quick!

Ian and me said bye to the others and went back to our seats where Noelia and Joe were.

You two are the best!!! :kiss: :kiss:

It was great to see the last part of the concert together with you!

What is stuck in my mind the most is Joe saying “OMG I love this song so much” when Lovers in Japan started. :hug:

IMG_1547.jpg

During the Scientist I just made way for allowing Noelia and Joe to cry together :lol:

After the concert we went outside and it was so funny to see OUR girls handing out the LRLRL CDs!!

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

Chris:

IMG_1558.jpg

Such a cute pic!!!

IMG_1557.jpg

My friend Patz was working at Wembley on both nights, so funny!

She had wristbands which allowed her to walk around in all levels with the date printed on and although she didn't get WHY I wanted to have them... she gave them to me :lol:

It's a nice souvenir.

She liked the concerts as well btw :)

It was so funny that you could spot people with VIVA bags or T-shirts all the time, wherever you went in London - there was someone around who had been to a Coldplay concert!

That's it so far I think! :thinking:

Big :hug:

Awesome awesome AWESOME review and pics Anna, they're always brilliant !

I still didn't find the strength to write one, at least I'll post my pics !

Thank you so much for lending me a part of your bed and tiny BUT clean room :P and I could never thank you enough for your ticket, really I mean it, you're the sweetest person on here :hug:

But still, THANK YOU !! :heart:

Finally!! It was possible for me to upload my video :D

Enjoy!

18.09.09. C Stage - Thumbs up from Chris ;)

:uhoh: :uhoh2: :uhoh:

I'm sooooo sorry for ruining your video!!!

No longer a point to search for a video to replace my sound then... :embarassed::embarassed::embarassed:

(You're sure you don't want to delete it again?? Would would I have to pay??) :uneasy:

THANK YOU !! [/color] :heart:
Pleasure, hun! :hug:

Coldplay, Jay Z & Girls Aloud - Wembley 18.9.09

The third trip to Wembley Stadium this year for a gig, and this time for three acts I don't actually own a CD by them. A weird mix granted but we got there in time for Girls Aloud. The High def big screen did them no favours, all members over made up and manky skin. However, they have great pop songs opening up with Sound Of The Undergroud and the great 'Sonething Kinda Ooh!' with a cover of the Pretenders I Stand By You sandwiched between they were good fun. Jay-Z on the other hand has a style of music I just don't get. He wanted the audience to bounce in a triangle shape in each song and therefore I spent most of his set near the bar! (bargain £4 a pint!) Coldplay have some good tunes but Chris Martin, the singer, is just so objectionable. In the audience participation bit at the end of Yellow, a Simon Callow from X-factor clip was shown on the big screen, something that no doubt seemed hilarious in the pub didn't quite work in practice. There was a b stage which we got right down the front at and here they played a cover of Billie Jean with actor Simon Pegg on harmonica. Good but ultimately fairly bland was my overall verdict. Hats off to the chiltern line however meaning we had time for a late beer in Marylebone!

http://faceofcheam.blogspot.com/2009/09/coldplay-jay-z-girls-aloud-wembley.html

Anna...DAMN YOU! You made me get all teary-eyed again, and I've been good for days now!:whip:

I loved your review!!! It was just so so soooo great to hang out at the concert together:hug: Running down to dance in the pit was so fun :P, it's always great to meet someone just as crazy as me!:wacko: So jealous you get to go see White Lies, lucky! If only I didn't have to get on a plane, I'd come with you:D And thanks for letting me&Joe cry together during the Scientist:embarassed:, though poor guy he didn't know what to do with me I was such a mess!:lol: It was great that you and Ian came back up to us after Cstage, it was a little more fun with a couple more cpers together:nice:

Those pics are great....made me re-live the day again...but then now I"m all sad. So yeah, thanks:rolleyes::P

Well, of course I took both lenses with! I came to London at Friday and my return flight was at saturday evening.. So at least I had a 30 hour stay. I thought I take my camera with cause I will walk through London on saturday and take some pictures. Glad that I took that risk! (: I was a bit afraid until I was inside the stadium. But what could have happened!? There were no lockboxes where I could have locked my bag. So the only way was to take it inside! The woman who wanted to look inside my bag at the security gate was just smiling. I told her that I have a camera with but she even didn´t have a look at it! She just saw my toothbrush I think. :D I had to take everything I needed for my London stay with me, you know!?.. They couldn´t say "no you can´t get in".. I would have locked it somewhere when there would have been lockboxes :\

Sorry to hear that your battery died! Thats annoying. I would have kicked my camera I think.

:nice: Yes!!! :D

oh man! I should have taken the risk then..... damn it!!! I probably would have been a bit less flexible 'cos of its size but ANYWAYS..... too late now. I didn't wanna risk them confiscating it, like Jenjie said – they COULD have and I am surprised they didn't. from what I know they're quite strict so you were very lucky. I only had a small bag with me and the guy who checked it couldn't have cared less lol he barely looked inside..... maybe you just have to take a risk and bring the cam along but I admit I was too scared to do it :( well – with or without the proper camera I had the most amazing time ever.... took it all in and enjoyed every second of it!!

THANKS for more reviews and pictures! takes me back and makes me wish it was the 18th again.... and there I succeeded in coping, somehow, at least a bit :laugh3::laugh3:

and good to see I wasn't the only one crying and being a mess when they played "The Scientist"..... man, that security guy in front of must have thought I'm a nutjob :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

oh man! I should have taken the risk then..... damn it!!! I probably would have been a bit less flexible 'cos of its size but ANYWAYS..... too late now. I didn't wanna risk them confiscating it, like Jenjie said – they COULD have and I am surprised they didn't. from what I know they're quite strict so you were very lucky. I only had a small bag with me and the guy who checked it couldn't have cared less lol he barely looked inside..... maybe you just have to take a risk and bring the cam along but I admit I was too scared to do it :( well – with or without the proper camera I had the most amazing time ever.... took it all in and enjoyed every second of it!!

THANKS for more reviews and pictures! takes me back and makes me wish it was the 18th again.... and there I succeeded in coping, somehow, at least a bit :laugh3::laugh3:

and good to see I wasn't the only one crying and being a mess when they played "The Scientist"..... man, that security guy in front of must have thought I'm a nutjob :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

that you enjoyed every second of the concert is the most important thing!!! so did I..

I dont know what would have been if they had confiscated it.

sounds like I would have never seen my camera again then..!? :wacko:

that you enjoyed every second of the concert is the most important thing!!! so did I..

I dont know what would have been if they had confiscated it.

sounds like I would have never seen my camera again then..!? :wacko:

chances are....ummmm.... NO!

maybe it's a good thing. I would have been distracted taking pics and stuff. well, I just wanna go back in time. camera or no camera.

You mean the one with the lovely mustache? :lol:

now THAT was a stache!! respect the stache my friend.... :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: but no, I didn't mean him. I meant the other guy, the younger one who was there most of the time.... at some point they exchanged places but only for a bit

You really see the size of wembley in this video

:stunned: It's so weird to see that - never looked that big on the pit.

What I love about CP concerts is that you always have enough space and nobody's pushing. At least I never experienced that.

From far away however it looks as if we were all squeezed together!

At the front there was enough pushing! But when you're front row, it doesn't really matter.

true it doesn't really matter.... I mean, not when being in the 2nd row either :D:D but it wasn't that bad for me. okay, there was this girl next to me who kinda got on my nerves because at some point in between forebands she sat down and MADE space for herself which resulted in me almost falling over several times but that was the only thing really

:uhoh: :uhoh2: :uhoh:

I'm sooooo sorry for ruining your video!!!

No longer a point to search for a video to replace my sound then... :embarassed::embarassed::embarassed:

(You're sure you don't want to delete it again?? Would would I have to pay??) :uneasy:

Pleasure, hun! :hug:

:uhoh: :D