✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Sep-2009: Wembley Stadium, London - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Frenkerd

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was? oh man! don't tell me that..... makes me angry! Coldplay shouldn't make a shorter setlist because of Girls freaking Aloud! wtf?! that doesn't even SOUND right!! loool yeah there were several SCREAMERS when Girls Aloud was on stage..... I was standing there, like frozen in place, enduring my fate, telling myself "it's over soon. it has to be. then Coldplay will come on stage. focus. zen-place. zen-place" :D :D you had this girl a little bit to your right who was screaming SO MUCH. I won't ask "did you hear her" lol 'cos there's no way you didn't :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

how many times have you seen Coldplay live?!

banana-water?! :D yeah, Amsterdam. heard about those cafés they got there :D :D

No, White Lies had a shorter set, not Coldplay. :lol:

I've seen Coldplay six times this tour. :p Well, they came to Holland a lot, so I had to!

My review:

After a wonderful night spent along with a lot of Coldplaying and Coldplayzone users, i woke up at 6.30 with a sentence in my head: 'TODAY WE DO THE HISTORY'. So, i tried to organize everything to be in the very first line. In five minutes i'm in a store to buy cookies and water for the queue waiting moment. And then in the Tube, trying to reach Wembley as soon as possible. I was feeling excited! Due to some technical problems, i had to go out of my tube line 1 km far from the stadium. Doesn't matter: 'TODAY WE DO THE HISTORY'.

The group is Gabriele (Coldplayzone's webmaster), his great friend Giovanni, Simone (.:Fix You:. on this board) and me. The best fellowship i could ask for.

At 10 am i'm in the queue, entrances B or C. I'm the 15th, more or less. There there's someone from Coldplaying yet: airieslady from Orlando (i took a photo with her to demonstrate how a passion is strong to every italian on Twitter), a nice girl from Alaska (i don't remember the nickname, sorry, but she was with her mom) and Jiamin and her friend. And obviously Denise Iriden, the most important roadie for Coldplayzone (12 gigs attended during this tour).

30496372.jpg

Thanks to Barbara and Jiamin, we started to give the yellow glowsticks to anyone in the queue. The majority of the people don't know how it works, probably they didn't read anything on Coldplaying or Coldplayzone. Shit!

By the way, at 3.50 we started to reach Wembley GA. Excitement in all the ways! At the end, i'm in the second line along with my fellowship proud men and a lot of italians. Chris is in the very first line. Happy to see him there!

White Lies moment: absolutely great! The drummer is awesome, but in general they will be the best opening act of the night.

Girls Aloud moment: only a question: Why Girls Aloud had the chance to perform in Wembley? They're only four top models and one singer, stop!

Jay-Z moment: for R&B and hip-hop lovers, i think he's a god! Very good singer indeed, i have to say the truth.

But i want Coldplay there, 'cause TODAY WE DO THE HISTORY!

And, after Blue Danube (a lot of arms thru the sky), they are there! Life in Technicolor guitar startet to be played, and 80.000 were in the seventh heaven!

Best moments: In My Place chorus, too big! - Glass Of Water, great performance and great images on the big screen - Simon Pegg - Politik, absolutely the best live song in the best gig - Jay-Z recognize myself during the final credits thanks to my paper crown! - Viva La Vida first note after Postcards, i think that if someone has to die, it's much better to die on that note!

Worst moments: mistakes during The Hardest Part (as always happened) - GPASUYF/Talk section, a shit for every Coldplay gig IMHO - too far from Coldplaying users - Jay-Z featuring on Lost!

Coming back home, Gabriele spoke about a surprise in our hotel room. These:

p1010154j.jpg

Hi everyone!

I didn't have time yet to catch up in this thread, let alone type up a review...

BUT

I was with Ian et al. at the C-stage and we agreed that he would take pics, I would take videos.

Finally after many failed upload attempts the Mexican phone wave and Billie Jean video is uploaded (click to watch in HD on yt!!):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzn0nMzjTg]YouTube - Coldplay, Simon Pegg - Wembley Stadium (18th) - Mexican Wave, Billie Jean[/ame]

Be patient for a little while, it's dark at the beginning.

Like I said in the description I replaced the audio with the sound of another video.

Even though they were directly in front of us it was very silent, we could hear Will's actual guitar playing but almost nothing coming out of the speakers...

(And sorry that I wasn't able to hold the camera still at about 3:30mins :D)

waaaah so many great pics! thanks for that..... and the reviews :)

and the VIDEOS! that way I got to see what happened on the "side stages" since I could not see them at all. I heard them and I could see a biiiit on the screens but not that much really.... but I'm not complaining :D 2nd row is 2nd row and most things happened on the front stage anyways :D :D

My review:

After a wonderful night spent along with a lot of Coldplaying and Coldplayzone users, i woke up at 6.30 with a sentence in my head: 'TODAY WE DO THE HISTORY'. So, i tried to organize everything to be in the very first line. In five minutes i'm in a store to buy cookies and water for the queue waiting moment. And then in the Tube, trying to reach Wembley as soon as possible. I was feeling excited! Due to some technical problems, i had to go out of my tube line 1 km far from the stadium. Doesn't matter: 'TODAY WE DO THE HISTORY'.

The group is Gabriele (Coldplayzone's webmaster), his great friend Giovanni, Simone (.:Fix You:. on this board) and me. The best fellowship i could ask for.

At 10 am i'm in the queue, entrances B or C. I'm the 15th, more or less. There there's someone from Coldplaying yet: airieslady from Orlando (i took a photo with her to demonstrate how a passion is strong to every italian on Twitter), a nice girl from Alaska (i don't remember the nickname, sorry, but she was with her mom) and Jiamin and her friend. And obviously Denise Iriden, the most important roadie for Coldplayzone (12 gigs attended during this tour).

30496372.jpg

Thanks to Barbara and Jiamin, we started to give the yellow glowsticks to anyone in the queue. The majority of the people don't know how it works, probably they didn't read anything on Coldplaying or Coldplayzone. Shit!

By the way, at 3.50 we started to reach Wembley GA. Excitement in all the ways! At the end, i'm in the second line along with my fellowship proud men and a lot of italians. Chris is in the very first line. Happy to see him there!

White Lies moment: absolutely great! The drummer is awesome, but in general they will be the best opening act of the night.

Girls Aloud moment: only a question: Why Girls Aloud had the chance to perform in Wembley? They're only four top models and one singer, stop!

Jay-Z moment: for R&B and hip-hop lovers, i think he's a god! Very good singer indeed, i have to say the truth.

But i want Coldplay there, 'cause TODAY WE DO THE HISTORY!

And, after Blue Danube (a lot of arms thru the sky), they are there! Life in Technicolor guitar startet to be played, and 80.000 were in the seventh heaven!

Best moments: In My Place chorus, too big! - Glass Of Water, great performance and great images on the big screen - Simon Pegg - Politik, absolutely the best live song in the best gig - Jay-Z recognize myself during the final credits thanks to my paper crown! - Viva La Vida first note after Postcards, i think that if someone has to die, it's much better to die on that note!

Worst moments: mistakes during The Hardest Part (as always happened) - GPASUYF/Talk section, a shit for every Coldplay gig IMHO - too far from Coldplaying users - Jay-Z featuring on Lost!

Coming back home, Gabriele spoke about a surprise in our hotel room. These:

p1010154j.jpg

:lol: I don't think anyone has used my full name on the board before. I mostly go by Min :D

The girl from Alaska would be Darcy (or bear on the board). I'm glad to be able to help you out with the glowsticks! It was great meeting you and I'm happy you had a good time at the concert.

How did you get those CDs? They are amazing :D

Hi everyone!

I didn't have time yet to catch up in this thread, let alone type up a review...

BUT

I was with Ian et al. at the C-stage and we agreed that he would take pics, I would take videos.

Finally after many failed upload attempts the Mexican phone wave and Billie Jean video is uploaded (click to watch in HD on yt!!):

Be patient for a little while, it's dark at the beginning.

Like I said in the description I replaced the audio with the sound of another video.

Even though they were directly in front of us it was very silent, we could hear Will's actual guitar playing but almost nothing coming out of the speakers...

(And sorry that I wasn't able to hold the camera still at about 3:30mins :D)

This video is amazing hun !

Now I think I understand why you couldn't hold the camera at that moment :D

And obviously Denise Iriden, the most important roadie for Coldplayzone (12 gigs attended during this tour).

Can I change my status from admin to roadie? :wacky:

joking :P

aaanyway, my only vid, of my favourite song

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgNs-9OGNiM]YouTube - Coldplay - Politik @ Wembley 18-09-2009[/ame]

(sorry for security and cameraman in the middle, I was trying to not hold my camera too high and not to watch them playing through my camera screen)

pics

67158107.jpg

12671491.jpg

56131431.jpg

46959490.jpg

willg.jpg

chrisbu.jpg

guyzs.jpg

jonnyy.jpg

my usual Guy-looking-straight-at-the-camera picture (I should start collecting them :lol:)

salve.jpg

Can I change my status from admin to roadie? :wacky:

joking :P

aaanyway, my only vid, of my favourite song

(sorry for security and cameraman in the middle, I was trying to not hold my camera too high and not to watch them playing through my camera screen)

pics

67158107.jpg

12671491.jpg

56131431.jpg

46959490.jpg

willg.jpg

chrisbu.jpg

guyzs.jpg

jonnyy.jpg

my usual Guy-looking-straight-at-the-camera picture (I should start collecting them :lol:)

salve.jpg

THANK YOU DENISE!!!!

I loooooooooooove Politik too! :)

P.

You're both welcome :nice:

Sometimes I think I like other songs better but then I just listen to it and I remember why I love it sooo much, I nearly cryed during the "give me love over" on the second Wembley gig thinking it was the last time listening to it live in who-knows how much time..they should never ever let it out of the setlist :heart:

You're both welcome :nice:

Sometimes I think I like other songs better but then I just listen to it and I remember why I love it sooo much, I nearly cryed during the "give me love over" on the second Wembley gig thinking it was the last time listening to it live in who-knows how much time..they should never ever let it out of the setlist :heart:

Don't worry...I actually cried at the second wembley show during Politik...it's just sooo powerful!

P.

Which one of the Will pics do you mean? :tongue:

I have a "Sony alpha 300" with two lenses (18-70mm + 55-200mm)..

oh man don't tell me they let you in with something like that?! which lens did you take in there?! I have a Nikon but I didn't take it with me 'cos I thought you're not alone to take those almost semi professional cams in there *daaaamn* instead I took my Olympus, "normal" digital camera.... where the battery died, of course!!!

Which one of the Will pics do you mean? :tongue:

I have a "Sony alpha 300" with two lenses (18-70mm + 55-200mm)..

This one :P

11ie7f4.jpg

And OMG yes they let you go inside with that camera ? That's insane !!

Don't worry...I actually cried at the second wembley show during Politik...it's just sooo powerful!

P.

Thank you !! I'm not the only one then :P

oh man don't tell me they let you in with something like that?! which lens did you take in there?! I have a Nikon but I didn't take it with me 'cos I thought you're not alone to take those almost semi professional cams in there *daaaamn* instead I took my Olympus, "normal" digital camera.... where the battery died, of course!!!

Well, of course I took both lenses with! I came to London at Friday and my return flight was at saturday evening.. So at least I had a 30 hour stay. I thought I take my camera with cause I will walk through London on saturday and take some pictures. Glad that I took that risk! (: I was a bit afraid until I was inside the stadium. But what could have happened!? There were no lockboxes where I could have locked my bag. So the only way was to take it inside! The woman who wanted to look inside my bag at the security gate was just smiling. I told her that I have a camera with but she even didn´t have a look at it! She just saw my toothbrush I think. :D I had to take everything I needed for my London stay with me, you know!?.. They couldn´t say "no you can´t get in".. I would have locked it somewhere when there would have been lockboxes :\

Sorry to hear that your battery died! Thats annoying. I would have kicked my camera I think.

And OMG yes they let you go inside with that camera ? That's insane !!

:nice: Yes!!! :D

Well, of course I took both lenses with! I came to London at Friday and my return flight was at saturday evening.. So at least I had a 30 hour stay. I thought I take my camera with cause I will walk through London on saturday and take some pictures. Glad that I took that risk! (: I was a bit afraid until I was inside the stadium. But what could have happened!? There were no lockboxes where I could have locked my bag. So the only way was to take it inside! The woman who wanted to look inside my bag at the security gate was just smiling. I told her that I have a camera with but she even didn´t have a look at it! She just saw my toothbrush I think. :D I had to take everything I needed for my London stay with me, you know!?.. They couldn´t say "no you can´t get in".. I would have locked it somewhere when there would have been lockboxes :\

Sorry to hear that your battery died! Thats annoying. I would have kicked my camera I think.

:nice: Yes!!! :D

they could have confiscated the camera though if they'd seen it