Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Coldplaying

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

29-Aug-2009: Reitstadion Riem, Munich - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Featured Replies

I know, very early.

 

Although Wembers is actually 10.30pm...which sucks.

  • Replies 258
  • Views 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wembley's curfew is 10:30?? :stunned: WTF? :wtf:

How rock&roll is that?!! :lol:

I know :dozey:

 

No chance of us getting some uber long special Wembers greatest hits setlist...no time :lol:

Unless the show starts at 5 pm :P

Haha yes and given there are 3 support acts I highly doubt it :P

 

littlemissmessyThey just removed the curtain, probably due to the technical troubles they've had with it in Hannover.

 

Ha, poor curtain goes wrong once and it gets fired, harsh.

Hahaha, yep... poor thing managed to work perfectly for over 100 shows and after the first fail they get rid of it :P

Isn't this the second show where they remove it? It would be far easier to just not put it in there if they're not using it :rolleyes:

Yeah, I guess maybe it just gets put up by the crew that erects the stage and then Chris comes along and demands it is removed.

 

"That curtain made me look a fool, it simply MUST be gone!" :gorgeous: Diva :P

Bahahahaha :lol:

Bad Chris :shame: You'd think he would see the comedy in getting trapped by the nighty :P

Or maybe he just wants the whole thing to go perfectly on Phil's b-day :wacky:

Awww I hope they embarrassing him royally by bringing him on stage :nice:

 

littlemissmessyMagnificent!

 

:o So early, is only 8pm. Must be a curfew.

That's ridiculously early :dozey: But oh well, squeeeee for the girls, one hour less of waiting for the boys :P :dance:

 

Ahhh, I really hope they bring him on stage as well :wacky: So we can get to see his glow-in-the-dark cheeks at their best :blush:

littlemissmessy If we ever get another tweet from guy its down to us. And miller took a pic of one of our banners. Success!5 minutes ago from txt

 

:dance: :dance:

 

let's hope he will really twit again

What did their banners say? :surprised:

Ilione just texted that Chris forgot the lyrics of THP!!

It's not like he's performing it for ages already :lol:

Hahahaha, oh Chris :rolleyes: :lol:

Maybe it's a sign he needs to change the song :P

 

What did their banners say? :surprised:

Dunno, maybe the "please please please come back and twit to us" :thinking:

Oh ok, thanks :nice:

Okay, I'm back once more. Again, not a detailed review as I'm tired as hell and I must get up pretty early tomorrow again... :rolleyes: :lol:

But just one sentence: The show was outstanding, even better than the one in Düsseldorf. But that's also probably why I got a much better spot at the front this time and could enjoy the whole gig. ;)

Well, the queuing up and especially the "run" to the front were horrible as always - there were barricades and wavebreakers everywhere (it seemed) and it was like a maze, we had to run for ages! That's never happened to me so far! :stunned: But we ended up at the front right in front of Guy and I was so happy because I could see all of them, even Will! :D

Although Chris talked even less than in Düsseldorf, the boys all in all seemed to be in a pretty good mood! :)

We looked out for Phil, but there was no sign of him... :\ Which was a pity because otherwise we'd have sung Happy Birthday to him. :D

We managed to say hi to Miller, though. :D

Sadly, Chris forgot(?) about the "Lola-Welle" (:lol::P), which I actually missed. And they played Green Eyes instead of TKC this time! :)

The most hilarious part of the evening was certainly the moment when Chris forgot the lyrics to The Hardest Part... He just suddenly stopped like out of the blue and just said: "F...!" :lol: Then he had to start twice until it worked again. I really felt sorry for him because it actually looked like he was a little bit embarassed... ;)

Well yeah, can't think of anything more as I'm really (and I mean REALLY) exhausted right now... Will try to upload my photos (also the ones of Düsseldorf) and maybe write a more detailed review next week. ;)

Good night everyone ;)

Nice review ! That's really sad for the Phil part though, he was probably expecting that so he managed to avoid you because he's too shy !! :D

 

Now I have to train myself to run like crazy haha, the stadiums are so huge now !

Okay, I'm back once more. Again, not a detailed review as I'm tired as hell and I must get up pretty early tomorrow again... :rolleyes: :lol:

But just one sentence: The show was outstanding, even better than the one in Düsseldorf. But that's also probably why I got a much better spot at the front this time and could enjoy the whole gig. ;)

Well, the queuing up and especially the "run" to the front were horrible as always - there were barricades and wavebreakers everywhere (it seemed) and it was like a maze, we had to run for ages! That's never happened to me so far! :stunned: But we ended up at the front right in front of Guy and I was so happy because I could see all of them, even Will! :D

Although Chris talked even less than in Düsseldorf, the boys all in all seemed to be in a pretty good mood! :)

We looked out for Phil, but there was no sign of him... :\ Which was a pity because otherwise we'd have sung Happy Birthday to him. :D

We managed to say hi to Miller, though. :D

Sadly, Chris forgot(?) about the "Lola-Welle" (:lol::P), which I actually missed. And they played Green Eyes instead of TKC this time! :)

The most hilarious part of the evening was certainly the moment when Chris forgot the lyrics to The Hardest Part... He just suddenly stopped like out of the blue and just said: "F...!" :lol: Then he had to start twice until it worked again. I really felt sorry for him because it actually looked like he was a little bit embarassed... ;)

Well yeah, can't think of anything more as I'm really (and I mean REALLY) exhausted right now... Will try to upload my photos (also the ones of Düsseldorf) and maybe write a more detailed review next week. ;)

Good night everyone ;)

Thanks for coming online and telling us about the concert!!!!!!! :kiss:

 

Sleep well and have a lovely time tomorrow! :dance:

(We'll talk when you recovered from your weekend! :hug:)

Coldplay Concert in Munich / München on 29 August 2009

 

Review from tz-online.de Datum: 30.08.09 -- 00.49 Uhr

 

Coldplay beenden Mini-Sommertour in München (29.08.09)

München - Mit einem Abend voller Hymnen und perfekter Popmusik hat die britische Band Coldplay am Samstag in München ihre Mini-Sommertour durch Deutschland beendet.

Nur drei Konzerte hatten sie dabei insgesamt gegeben - die Karten waren entsprechend gefragt gewesen. Wie bereits bei ihrer Hallentour im vergangenen Herbst spielten sie vor allem die Songs ihres Albums “Viva la Vida“. Die Fans in der Olympia-Reitanlage Riem konnten aber auch die großen Hits der vergangenen Jahre mitsingen und bejubeln. Zwar war das Programm ähnlich zu den Konzerten der Herbsttournee, die Open-Air-Bühne aber schuf eine ganz eigene Atmosphäre.

 

Mit Songs wie “Yellow“ war das Londoner Quartett um die Jahrtausendwende erstmals richtig durchgestartet. Es folgten Hymnen wie “Hardest Part“ und “Fix You“. Mit ihrem heiß ersehnten “Viva la Vida“-Album verabschiedeten sie sich 2008 von ihrem Image als Schmuserocker mit Hang zur Melancholie und ließen bewusst schrägere Töne hören. Frontman Chris Martin allerdings blieb trotzdem ein Frauenschwarm. Daran ließen die kreischenden weiblichen Fans in München keinerlei Zweifel.

dpa

 

Kommentare

vor 18 Minuten meint meinemeinung (anonym)

wer nicht dabei war hat echt was verpasst..geile show, geile stimmung, coole songs, mega-coole Präsent-CD als Geschenk am Ausgang.

vor 14 Minuten meint schoeller (anonym)

grandios, mehr als nur ein Konzert,. Vom allerfeinsten!

Source: tz-online.de Datum: 30.08.09 -- 00.49 Uhr Source: http://www.tz-online.de/nachrichten/muenchen/coldplay-beenden-mini-sommertour-muenchen-455694.html

 

Review from tz-online.de Datum: 30.08.09 -- 00.49 Uhr - translated by Nancy Boysen

 

Coldplay Ends Mini Summer Tour in Munich (29.08.09)

Munich - Saturday night the British band Coldplay ended their mini summer tour through Germany in Munich with an evening full of anthems and perfect pop music.

They have only played a total of three concerts in Germany - the tickets were in great demand. Just as during their tour in the autumn of 2008 they mostly played the songs off their album “Viva la Vida“. But the fans in "Olympia-Reitanlage Riem" in Munich knew the older big Coldplay hits as well and sang along with great joy. It is true that the setlist has not changed since the concerts during the autumn tour, but the open-air-stage created a quite special atmosphäre.

 

The quartet from London had their big break-through in year 2000 with songs such as “Yellow“. Anthems such as “the Hardest Part“ and “Fix You“ followed. They had an image of being soft rockers with propensity for melancholy, but that changed in 2008 with their long awaited album “Viva la Vida“ which has a more lively sound - a deliberate choice. Frontman Chris Martin continued nevertheless to be a heartthrob. And there was no doubt about that when you saw and heard the screaming female fans in Munich.

dpa

 

Comments from fans

18 minutes ago - my opinion (anonymous):

Who was not there has clearly missed something .. super show, super atmosphere, cool songs, mega cool gift in the form of a CD at the exit.

 

14 minutes ago comment made by Schoeller (anonymous):

Magnificent, more than just a concert. First-class!

 

Source: tz-online.de Datum: 30.08.09 -- 00.49 Uhr

Link: http://www.tz-online.de/nachrichten/muenchen/coldplay-beenden-mini-sommertour-muenchen-455694.html

TZ online article[/url]

 

http://twitpic.com/fq7so

 

Not many tweets though :(

 

Hi SueDeNimes,

 

I just saw you post after having posted my translation of the TZ online article you mention here. Nice coincidence.

 

Was the setlist the same as always? Did they celebrate Phil Harvey's birthday on stage with a cake or what?

 

I understand that it was an amazing concert with a joking Chris Martin. Did he say any German sentences? And if so - examples, please.

Hi SueDeNimes,

 

I just saw you post after having posted my translation of the TZ online article you mention here. Nice coincidence.

 

Was the setlist the same as always? Did they celebrate Phil Harvey's birthday on stage with a cake or what?

 

I understand that it was an amazing concert with a joking Chris Martin. Did he say any German sentences? And if so - examples, please.

Hi Nancy!!

 

I haven't been to tonight's concert!!

All I know is what Ilione said...

People didn't send many tweets but as far as I understood it the setlist was pretty much the same.

Green Eyes instead of Til Kingdom Come (and no Mexican wave, doesn't count as change in the setlist though :P).

 

I have a video of Chris speaking German from Thursday however:

 

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okK1LF5bw4o]YouTube - Coldplay - Düsseldorf - Chris explaining the "Lola Welle" and Billie Jean[/ame]

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.