✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

29-Aug-2009: Reitstadion Riem, Munich - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm back once more. Again, not a detailed review as I'm tired as hell and I must get up pretty early tomorrow again... :rolleyes: :lol:

But just one sentence: The show was outstanding, even better than the one in Düsseldorf. But that's also probably why I got a much better spot at the front this time and could enjoy the whole gig. ;)

Well, the queuing up and especially the "run" to the front were horrible as always - there were barricades and wavebreakers everywhere (it seemed) and it was like a maze, we had to run for ages! That's never happened to me so far! :stunned: But we ended up at the front right in front of Guy and I was so happy because I could see all of them, even Will! :D

Although Chris talked even less than in Düsseldorf, the boys all in all seemed to be in a pretty good mood! :)

We looked out for Phil, but there was no sign of him... :\ Which was a pity because otherwise we'd have sung Happy Birthday to him. :D

We managed to say hi to Miller, though. :D

Sadly, Chris forgot(?) about the "Lola-Welle" (:lol::P), which I actually missed. And they played Green Eyes instead of TKC this time! :)

The most hilarious part of the evening was certainly the moment when Chris forgot the lyrics to The Hardest Part... He just suddenly stopped like out of the blue and just said: "F...!" :lol: Then he had to start twice until it worked again. I really felt sorry for him because it actually looked like he was a little bit embarassed... ;)

Well yeah, can't think of anything more as I'm really (and I mean REALLY) exhausted right now... Will try to upload my photos (also the ones of Düsseldorf) and maybe write a more detailed review next week. ;)

Good night everyone ;)

Thanks for coming online and telling us about the concert!!!!!!! :kiss:

Sleep well and have a lovely time tomorrow! :dance:

(We'll talk when you recovered from your weekend! :hug:)

Coldplay Concert in Munich / München on 29 August 2009

Review from tz-online.de Datum: 30.08.09 -- 00.49 Uhr

Coldplay beenden Mini-Sommertour in München (29.08.09)

München - Mit einem Abend voller Hymnen und perfekter Popmusik hat die britische Band Coldplay am Samstag in München ihre Mini-Sommertour durch Deutschland beendet.

Nur drei Konzerte hatten sie dabei insgesamt gegeben - die Karten waren entsprechend gefragt gewesen. Wie bereits bei ihrer Hallentour im vergangenen Herbst spielten sie vor allem die Songs ihres Albums “Viva la Vida“. Die Fans in der Olympia-Reitanlage Riem konnten aber auch die großen Hits der vergangenen Jahre mitsingen und bejubeln. Zwar war das Programm ähnlich zu den Konzerten der Herbsttournee, die Open-Air-Bühne aber schuf eine ganz eigene Atmosphäre.

Mit Songs wie “Yellow“ war das Londoner Quartett um die Jahrtausendwende erstmals richtig durchgestartet. Es folgten Hymnen wie “Hardest Part“ und “Fix You“. Mit ihrem heiß ersehnten “Viva la Vida“-Album verabschiedeten sie sich 2008 von ihrem Image als Schmuserocker mit Hang zur Melancholie und ließen bewusst schrägere Töne hören. Frontman Chris Martin allerdings blieb trotzdem ein Frauenschwarm. Daran ließen die kreischenden weiblichen Fans in München keinerlei Zweifel.

dpa

Kommentare

vor 18 Minuten meint meinemeinung (anonym)

wer nicht dabei war hat echt was verpasst..geile show, geile stimmung, coole songs, mega-coole Präsent-CD als Geschenk am Ausgang.

vor 14 Minuten meint schoeller (anonym)

grandios, mehr als nur ein Konzert,. Vom allerfeinsten!

Source: tz-online.de Datum: 30.08.09 -- 00.49 Uhr Source: http://www.tz-online.de/nachrichten/muenchen/coldplay-beenden-mini-sommertour-muenchen-455694.html

Review from tz-online.de Datum: 30.08.09 -- 00.49 Uhr - translated by Nancy Boysen

Coldplay Ends Mini Summer Tour in Munich (29.08.09)

Munich - Saturday night the British band Coldplay ended their mini summer tour through Germany in Munich with an evening full of anthems and perfect pop music.

They have only played a total of three concerts in Germany - the tickets were in great demand. Just as during their tour in the autumn of 2008 they mostly played the songs off their album “Viva la Vida“. But the fans in "Olympia-Reitanlage Riem" in Munich knew the older big Coldplay hits as well and sang along with great joy. It is true that the setlist has not changed since the concerts during the autumn tour, but the open-air-stage created a quite special atmosphäre.

The quartet from London had their big break-through in year 2000 with songs such as “Yellow“. Anthems such as “the Hardest Part“ and “Fix You“ followed. They had an image of being soft rockers with propensity for melancholy, but that changed in 2008 with their long awaited album “Viva la Vida“ which has a more lively sound - a deliberate choice. Frontman Chris Martin continued nevertheless to be a heartthrob. And there was no doubt about that when you saw and heard the screaming female fans in Munich.

dpa

Comments from fans

18 minutes ago - my opinion (anonymous):

Who was not there has clearly missed something .. super show, super atmosphere, cool songs, mega cool gift in the form of a CD at the exit.

14 minutes ago comment made by Schoeller (anonymous):

Magnificent, more than just a concert. First-class!

Source: tz-online.de Datum: 30.08.09 -- 00.49 Uhr

Link: http://www.tz-online.de/nachrichten/muenchen/coldplay-beenden-mini-sommertour-muenchen-455694.html

TZ online article[/url]

http://twitpic.com/fq7so

Not many tweets though :(

Hi SueDeNimes,

I just saw you post after having posted my translation of the TZ online article you mention here. Nice coincidence.

Was the setlist the same as always? Did they celebrate Phil Harvey's birthday on stage with a cake or what?

I understand that it was an amazing concert with a joking Chris Martin. Did he say any German sentences? And if so - examples, please.

Hi SueDeNimes,

I just saw you post after having posted my translation of the TZ online article you mention here. Nice coincidence.

Was the setlist the same as always? Did they celebrate Phil Harvey's birthday on stage with a cake or what?

I understand that it was an amazing concert with a joking Chris Martin. Did he say any German sentences? And if so - examples, please.

Hi Nancy!!

I haven't been to tonight's concert!!

All I know is what Ilione said...

People didn't send many tweets but as far as I understood it the setlist was pretty much the same.

Green Eyes instead of Til Kingdom Come (and no Mexican wave, doesn't count as change in the setlist though :P).

I have a video of Chris speaking German from Thursday however:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okK1LF5bw4o]YouTube - Coldplay - Düsseldorf - Chris explaining the "Lola Welle" and Billie Jean[/ame]

Coldplay Concert on 29 August 2009 in Munich, Germany

SETLIST for Coldplay concert on 29 August 2009 in Munich, Germany

(based on a review from a Coldplayer on this thread saying that Green Eyes was played instead of Till Kingdom Come)

Life in Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Yellow

Glass of Water

Cemeteries of London

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face / Talk

The Hardest Part / Postcards From Far Away

Viva La Vida

Lost!

Green Eyes

Death Will Never Conquer (sung by Will)

Billie Jean

Viva La Vida (remix)

Politik

Lovers in Japan

Death And All His Friends

ENCORE :

The Scientist

Life in Technicolor II

Outro: The Escapist

Thanks for a nice review with many details, Ilione and sleep tight - you deserve it after a long and exciting day and evening. I really appreciated your review which answered some of my questions (about Phil's birthday).

Did Chris talk German this evening? I understand that he "forgot" about the Lola Welle - are you saying that there was no attempt to make the wave by means of the handys? Or was he just omitting the word "Lola-Welle"?

Thank you so much to everyone who posted to this thread tonight and wrote reviews. It sucks that I'm stuck here in the US and can't possibly make it to any of the European shows, but your reviews and such make it feel like I was there. Thank you so much! Keep 'em coming!! :)

Ok thanks :)

I´m a bit pissed of that I was not really able to had fun at Düsseldorf...after such a long time standing at one spot I really was pissed of before Coldplay arrives on the stage.

I was even more happy when a song was over than when a song was starting lol. The secong thing was the bass, which was so loud that songs like fix you or the scientist were destroyed by it. All in all it was not Coldplays fault but I´m just so tired that I was not able to have fun at such a special day where the mythos Chris Martin was playing...I had such a good spot, I got a CD and so on...

Do you think they will come to Germany again next year? Or will they make some holidays? Because I don´t think they will release an album this year.

Ok thanks :)

I´m a bit pissed of that I was not really able to had fun at Düsseldorf...after such a long time standing at one spot I really was pissed of before Coldplay arrives on the stage.

I was even more happy when a song was over than when a song was starting lol. The secong thing was the bass, which was so loud that songs like fix you or the scientist were destroyed by it.

I think you're being a bit overcritical.:dozey:

You should be grateful you weren't forced to watch them from seats, as happened in London!;)

No, I´m not. Listen to the Left Right CD...thats a perfect example how Coldplay CAN play live. But the bass was so loud that you couldnt hear anything else. Especially Politik O_o

But that wasnt the main thing. As I said I was really tired after 7 hours standing around. Even I had nothing to drink which was critical :D

But I had a nice spot and Chris was really brilliant. I mean talking, jumping, running and singing perfectly. But after 7 hours standing around you can´t really enjoy the songs. You only hope that you can get out of there and drink something.

But coming back to the bass thing. Would it be a bit too loud, OK. But it was louder than Chris...you were not able to hear the violins in Viva La Vida for example. Maybe it would have been better to play for 20.000 people and not for 40.000 in a football stadium. I even can´t remember how some songs were played in Düsseldorf. It´s bad I was not REALLY able to enjoy it but next time I will be better prepared.

When I now see how great the show was I could kick myself that I was not able to see it when beeing there. When watching some videos now I see how great it was.

Just got up (was a long ride back from München). It was so cute how Chris finally made Will sing. :lol: And he forgot a part of The Hardest Part which was quite funny.

I come back later for a proper review, but just to let you know:

1) Jonny has one of the cutest smiles on earth and he smiled at me TWO times. :nice:

2) I got WILL'S VIVA LA VIDA DRUM STICK!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Biggest Thanks to Nicole for getting it for me! :hug: :kiss:

I have a question to all people who went to Munich?

Did he talk as much German as in Düsseldorf and did he changed the song and put in München?

There was no Lola-Welle that's kind of sad...it was so cute to hear him talking like that in Düsseldorf.

@GT Skilled I did not have the impression that the bass was too loud but that does not mean anything because I was in the back in the seating areas...maybe they made it like this because of us and you in the front had to bear it. The acoustic was ok in Düsseldorf at least for us but what I did not like: it sounded not as if you're in the middle of everything, everything came from the front so I did not feel the real belonging to the happenings (I hope you know what I mean by this).

How was the acoustic in Munich?

I think it's kinda normal you forget the lyrics of a song you play almost every day - it's too usual - don't think it's too bad - even Chris makes mistakes...