Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Coldplaying

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

29-Aug-2009: Reitstadion Riem, Munich - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Featured Replies

Coldplay Concert on 29 August 2009 in Munich, Germany

 

SETLIST for Coldplay concert on 29 August 2009 in Munich, Germany

(based on a review from a Coldplayer on this thread saying that Green Eyes was played instead of Till Kingdom Come)

 

Life in Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Yellow

Glass of Water

Cemeteries of London

42

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

 

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face / Talk

The Hardest Part / Postcards From Far Away

 

Viva La Vida

Lost!

 

Green Eyes

Death Will Never Conquer (sung by Will)

Billie Jean

 

Viva La Vida (remix)

 

Politik

Lovers in Japan

Death And All His Friends

 

ENCORE :

The Scientist

Life in Technicolor II

 

Outro: The Escapist

 

 

Thanks for a nice review with many details, Ilione and sleep tight - you deserve it after a long and exciting day and evening. I really appreciated your review which answered some of my questions (about Phil's birthday).

 

Did Chris talk German this evening? I understand that he "forgot" about the Lola Welle - are you saying that there was no attempt to make the wave by means of the handys? Or was he just omitting the word "Lola-Welle"?

  • Replies 258
  • Views 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much to everyone who posted to this thread tonight and wrote reviews. It sucks that I'm stuck here in the US and can't possibly make it to any of the European shows, but your reviews and such make it feel like I was there. Thank you so much! Keep 'em coming!! :)

hopefully they'll do something to the setlist soon.. getting a bit 'old'

hopefully they'll do something to the setlist soon.. getting a bit 'old'

I'm hoping so especially after they said that they would have to add a few more songs to the setlist when they played outdoor venues in Europe.

Chris made Will sing at the end of Billie Jean :D

 

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKZX68x85XQ]YouTube - Coldplay in Munich (29.08.2009) playing Michael Jackson's Billy Jean[/ame]

Chris made Will sing at the end of Billie Jean :D

 

:cheesy:!!

will looked mildly pissed at first:lol: i love it.

090830110844612010.jpg

 

090830110901455322.jpg

 

090830110917638478.jpg

 

09083011093221372.jpg

 

090830110947245026.jpg

 

090830111012389685.jpg

 

090830111026994279.jpg

 

090830111046304400.jpg

 

090830111109689478.jpg

 

090830110329545186.jpg

 

090830110347641256.jpg

 

090830110400483643.jpg

 

090830110415363854.jpg

 

090830110432237484.jpg

 

090830110549569114.jpg

 

090830110607591244.jpg

 

090830110625112510.jpg

 

090830110639329169.jpg

 

090830110658463027.jpg

090830105848814261.jpg

 

090830105907107811.jpg

 

090830105924298973.jpg

 

090830105942722984.jpg

 

090830105959388668.jpg

 

090830110109837986.jpg

 

090830110135570624.jpg

 

090830110150917602.jpg

 

090830110206161685.jpg

 

09083011022251940.jpg

^I prefer the setting for that concert, as it's completely "open". Reminds me of the Fuhlingersee show in 2005!!;)

Chris made Will sing at the end of Billie Jean :D

 

 

You mean against his will??:rolleyes:

Is here anyone who was at Düsseldorf AND München? Because I would like to know if the acustic was better in München because everything was open. Especially the bass was maybe not as loud as in Düsseldorf?

Nicole (anyskywalker, not sure of the orthograph though) went to both, but I guess she'll come back soon :nice:

Ok thanks :)

 

I´m a bit pissed of that I was not really able to had fun at Düsseldorf...after such a long time standing at one spot I really was pissed of before Coldplay arrives on the stage.

 

I was even more happy when a song was over than when a song was starting lol. The secong thing was the bass, which was so loud that songs like fix you or the scientist were destroyed by it. All in all it was not Coldplays fault but I´m just so tired that I was not able to have fun at such a special day where the mythos Chris Martin was playing...I had such a good spot, I got a CD and so on...

 

Do you think they will come to Germany again next year? Or will they make some holidays? Because I don´t think they will release an album this year.

Ok thanks :)

 

I´m a bit pissed of that I was not really able to had fun at Düsseldorf...after such a long time standing at one spot I really was pissed of before Coldplay arrives on the stage.

 

I was even more happy when a song was over than when a song was starting lol. The secong thing was the bass, which was so loud that songs like fix you or the scientist were destroyed by it.

 

I think you're being a bit overcritical.:dozey:

You should be grateful you weren't forced to watch them from seats, as happened in London!;)

No, I´m not. Listen to the Left Right CD...thats a perfect example how Coldplay CAN play live. But the bass was so loud that you couldnt hear anything else. Especially Politik O_o

 

But that wasnt the main thing. As I said I was really tired after 7 hours standing around. Even I had nothing to drink which was critical :D

 

But I had a nice spot and Chris was really brilliant. I mean talking, jumping, running and singing perfectly. But after 7 hours standing around you can´t really enjoy the songs. You only hope that you can get out of there and drink something.

 

But coming back to the bass thing. Would it be a bit too loud, OK. But it was louder than Chris...you were not able to hear the violins in Viva La Vida for example. Maybe it would have been better to play for 20.000 people and not for 40.000 in a football stadium. I even can´t remember how some songs were played in Düsseldorf. It´s bad I was not REALLY able to enjoy it but next time I will be better prepared.

 

When I now see how great the show was I could kick myself that I was not able to see it when beeing there. When watching some videos now I see how great it was.

Just got up (was a long ride back from München). It was so cute how Chris finally made Will sing. :lol: And he forgot a part of The Hardest Part which was quite funny.

 

I come back later for a proper review, but just to let you know:

 

1) Jonny has one of the cutest smiles on earth and he smiled at me TWO times. :nice:

 

2) I got WILL'S VIVA LA VIDA DRUM STICK!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

 

Biggest Thanks to Nicole for getting it for me! :hug: :kiss:

How can he forget the lines to THP??

Even i know all the words and hes supposed to sing these songs every week!!

 

Dosent he get it wrong on the live cd aswell?

I have a question to all people who went to Munich?

 

Did he talk as much German as in Düsseldorf and did he changed the song and put in München?

 

There was no Lola-Welle that's kind of sad...it was so cute to hear him talking like that in Düsseldorf.

 

@GT Skilled I did not have the impression that the bass was too loud but that does not mean anything because I was in the back in the seating areas...maybe they made it like this because of us and you in the front had to bear it. The acoustic was ok in Düsseldorf at least for us but what I did not like: it sounded not as if you're in the middle of everything, everything came from the front so I did not feel the real belonging to the happenings (I hope you know what I mean by this).

 

How was the acoustic in Munich?

 

I think it's kinda normal you forget the lyrics of a song you play almost every day - it's too usual - don't think it's too bad - even Chris makes mistakes...

I know what you mean. Even when they changed to the B or C stage the sound was still coming from the front. Which was good for me by the way ;)

 

And yeah I thought so that the bass was good for those people behind me. But in front it seemed to be 250% from what it should be. But as I said...the main thing was my body...I was not able to enjoy it anymore after those looooong hours. It´s something which makes me feel so bad now...I´m such a big Coldplay fan and I thought it will be the best day in my live and then....only because this.

Here's Chris forgetting the lyrics, he seems really embarrassed, bless him.

 

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXB2gKbg3Hg]YouTube - Viva la Vida Tour Coldplay Live Munich 29/08/09 The Hardest Part[/ame]

 

But that wasnt the main thing. As I said I was really tired after 7 hours standing around. Even I had nothing to drink which was critical :D

 

But I had a nice spot and Chris was really brilliant. I mean talking, jumping, running and singing perfectly. But after 7 hours standing around you can´t really enjoy the songs. You only hope that you can get out of there and drink something.

 

 

That's why you need to be well-prepared!! It really is like being in some kind of endurance event.

Yes, I guess by the end of the concert I had been "on my feet" six or seven hours without a break, but I didn't notice it until afterwards. Especially once Coldplay took the stage, nothing else mattered any more.:D

Finally I'm back from Munich :D

TickingClock, Ilione, Angel_brb and I boarded the front row - again :D It was a long way trough this f*cking stadium but I gave my best and so we had a good place.

The show was amazing again but I think the gig in Dusseldorf was bit better.

Chris forgot the lyrics of The hardest Part, haha...

We have repeatedly called Guy, but unfortunately no response :(

I made a thank-you banner for Chris and he saw it, grinned and gave me a thumb up ;)

After the show I was able to win a drumstick for TickingClock and a setlist for Ilione - Coldplay karma again :D

 

This week was the craziest week in my life - 3 Coldplay concerts in 5 days, hundrets of miles on the rail and road, sleeping too little, aching legs but.........................

I've met a lot of very nice Coldplayers, I saw 3 fantastic shows, I've got the best thing ever :D - all I can say now - this was the time of my life!!!

Here's Chris forgetting the lyrics, he seems really embarrassed, bless him.

 

 

I think that was a joke :D - in Düsseldorf he also stopped singing and went on when we applaused and yelled loud enough

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.