✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

29-Aug-2009: Reitstadion Riem, Munich - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

I know what you mean. Even when they changed to the B or C stage the sound was still coming from the front. Which was good for me by the way ;)

And yeah I thought so that the bass was good for those people behind me. But in front it seemed to be 250% from what it should be. But as I said...the main thing was my body...I was not able to enjoy it anymore after those looooong hours. It´s something which makes me feel so bad now...I´m such a big Coldplay fan and I thought it will be the best day in my live and then....only because this.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that wasnt the main thing. As I said I was really tired after 7 hours standing around. Even I had nothing to drink which was critical :D

But I had a nice spot and Chris was really brilliant. I mean talking, jumping, running and singing perfectly. But after 7 hours standing around you can´t really enjoy the songs. You only hope that you can get out of there and drink something.

That's why you need to be well-prepared!! It really is like being in some kind of endurance event.

Yes, I guess by the end of the concert I had been "on my feet" six or seven hours without a break, but I didn't notice it until afterwards. Especially once Coldplay took the stage, nothing else mattered any more.:D

Finally I'm back from Munich :D

TickingClock, Ilione, Angel_brb and I boarded the front row - again :D It was a long way trough this f*cking stadium but I gave my best and so we had a good place.

The show was amazing again but I think the gig in Dusseldorf was bit better.

Chris forgot the lyrics of The hardest Part, haha...

We have repeatedly called Guy, but unfortunately no response :(

I made a thank-you banner for Chris and he saw it, grinned and gave me a thumb up ;)

After the show I was able to win a drumstick for TickingClock and a setlist for Ilione - Coldplay karma again :D

This week was the craziest week in my life - 3 Coldplay concerts in 5 days, hundrets of miles on the rail and road, sleeping too little, aching legs but.........................

I've met a lot of very nice Coldplayers, I saw 3 fantastic shows, I've got the best thing ever :D - all I can say now - this was the time of my life!!!

I know! It's so cute that Chris was like...JUST ONE TIME....and when the audience screams and Will begins to sing Chris is all surprised and does a lil scream. Hahhah absolutely adorable!

How funny :lol: I love that Will glares at him then tries to ignore him."No, not happening" He did a great job though

Hello everyone!!!

I'm back home from Munich, a bit exhausted but SOOO hyper about the MOST AMAZING CONCERT OF MY LIFE. Or perhaps the best NIGHT of my life, I can't decide..! I flew to Munich from Athens and at 11 o clock I was in Munich. Had to rent the car first and decided to park closer to the stadium since the parking area was a long way and I couldn't waste my precious time! Thankfully at 12:15 we arrived at the area before the bars that lead to the ticket control. I figure there were approx 15 people there already but I really liked the mood cause almost everyone seemed to be in a 100% viva mood, humming/singing along at the soundchecks -that started later on. We heard Chris' voice about 3-4 times and I was pretty sure it was him since I had never heard that exact same delivery, however I couldn't be so sure cause it was my first coldplay concert.

I don't remember the exact time but at some point before 1:30 they let us in closer and we were positioned 2nd after the ticket control bars. Time passed rather quickly and we bought some merchandise from the stands. At 4:00 entries were opened and the race began! The area was huuge-much larger than i expected it, quite maze-like, but my sister was pretty quick (much quicker than me thankfully :nice: ) so we got 1st row places at johnnys side! I'm not sure but around 6 or perhaps 5:45 the killians were on, they were good I think I liked a couple of songs but they were a bit repetitive imo... Their frontman talked quite a lot but it was in german so i have no idea what he said. Then it was time for howling bells who were ok, not my cup of tea though. Of course, I was clapping and all cause they are support acts so its nice for the crowd to be enthusiastic :D

Anyway, almost immediately after howling bells ended, the crew started preparing the stage for coldplay even though it was close to 8 or sth which meant they had 1 more hour. In the end Magnificent went on earlier *got SO excited then cause i knew it was time!* and after the beautiful blue danube and the thing where the crowd waved their hands Life in Technicolor was on!!!!!!!!!!! I really thought i was in heaven then, first coldplay concert ever and with the boys SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!! I think i totally hyperventilated, for the first three or so songs i just sang my guts out without really thinking :lol:

I won't get into details as far as the setlist and the songs are concerned since they obviously were AMAZING and all of the boys were like COMPLETELY HEAVENLY! Only changes is that indeed Green Eyes is back on the setlist but i cant remember postcards from far away, are u sure they did it? :thinking: When Chris made a mistake at THP it was soooooo cute and he swore a couple of times :P

The highlights for me were when CHRIS POINTED AT US during VLV when he read our sign "you STILL rule the world" and in the end when the boys ran along the whole stage he smiled again at our "happy birthday phil!" sign and johnny smiled 3 times (on the whole cause he had seen us before the rest) and the Will actually laughed and did a little bow and looked at guy and he read it and smiled at us too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

All in all WHAT A NIGHT! i had an ABSOLUTELY MAGICAL time and i CANNOT WAIT FOR WEMBLEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I have printed the following two articles with the intention of translating them into English one of these days (Monday or Tuesday).

http//www.laxmag.de/laxlive/1189-coldplay-muenchen

and http://www.tz-online.de/nachrichten/muenchen/coldplay-beenden-mini-sommertour...

There was a short review of the concert on 29.08.09 that I translated. Now there is a more detailed review (the one mentioned here with a link to the article).

If intested: Today I have posted three translations (on the Herning thread) of reviews in Danish newspapers of Coldplay's concert in Herning, Denmark on 16 August 2009. :)