✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

29-Aug-2009: Reitstadion Riem, Munich - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I believe you ! I would bite anyone trying to approach it :P
Well, lets say I found out that it's a pretty good weapon for someone was looking at it jealous as I was talking to Ilione and since the stick is broken it has a peak with some dangerous splitters of wood ... :sneaky:

@Anna: Of course we are... :uhoh: :lol:

Never stop. Never. (Maybe) I can do it if I put my back into it! :smug:

And you know I'm always able to turn anything into something Snow Patrol related. Therefore I'm just too addicted. (Thanks to you, I would have never turned into what I am now without you telling me how much you need to see them after Stuttgart again and founding this Gary gruop. I was a freaking Nathan-lover before, for God's sake!!. :lol:)

Okay, I won't. I promise. :smug: :D

And you know, I loved our "little" babbling about SP waaaay to much for not talking about them ever again... ;) :lol:

But wait... Did you just say that it actually is MY fault that you got addicted?! :stunned::o Well, you know what? I can handle it. :P In fact, I think there are worse things on Earth than turning a Nathan- into a Gary-lover. :P

By the way, I just thought... Bianca, you were a really brave girl! I mean, you even gave me Will's stick to hold for a few minutes! :stunned: I mean, there's nothing wrong about that, but I think that's quite a risky thing to do because if one concerns HOW clumsy and scatterbrained I am... Who knows what could have happened?! :stunned: Luckily, everything turned out well in the end. :D:lol:

Okay, I won't. I promise. :smug: :D

And you know, I loved our "little" babbling about SP waaaay to much for not talking about them ever again... ;) :lol:

But wait... Did you just say that it actually is MY fault that you got addicted?! :stunned::o Well, you know what? I can handle it. :P In fact, I think there are worse things on Earth than turning a Nathan- into a Gary-lover. :P

There are worse things indeed. But when I'm thinking about ... I'm probably still more a Nathan fan for I wasn't talking so much shit to him when I met him. :lol: Gary probably hates me. :laugh4: Or found me deadly annoying. :rolleyes2:

By the way, I just thought... Bianca, you were a really brave girl! I mean, you even gave me Will's stick to hold for a few minutes! :stunned: I mean, there's nothing wrong about that, but I think that's quite a risky thing to do because if one concerns HOW clumsy and scatterbrained I am... Who knows what could have happened?! :stunned: Luckily, everything turned out well in the end. :D:lol:

I wasn't really brave - I was just your friend. :nice:

You know, Elena, I really like you and for we were hanging out for more than ... eight hours? I was sure you wouldn't take it for you already had the setlist. And:

If you would have run away - I would have got you, you know that! :D

Well, lets say I found out that it's a pretty good weapon for someone was looking at it jealous as I was talking to Ilione and since the stick is broken it has a peak with some dangerous splitters of wood ... :sneaky:

Haha awesome ! But only Will is able to kill someone with his drumsticks :P

Is it really broken ? I saw it on a pic and it seems great !

I wasn't really brave - I was just your friend. :nice:

You know, Elena, I really like you and for we were hanging out for more than ... eight hours? I was sure you wouldn't take it for you already had the setlist. And:

If you would have run away - I would have got you, you know that! :D

Aww Bianca, that was very kindly said of you. :blush:;)

But still... I wasn't really talking about me trying to "steal" the drumstick... I rather thought that someone could have ripped it out of my hands because of my clumsiness... Or I could have stumbled and lost it. These actually were my first thoughts... ;) Seriously, I mean... What should I do with a drumstick of Will...?! No use for it, really. He. :P:lol:

And just in the case I'd have gotten mad and run away: I bet you probably would have set Nicole on me because we both know that she's much faster than both of us. :lol::laugh3:

I returned from Munich just yesterday. The concert was awesome. We made it to the stage and I stood in front of Jonny again. I hope he doesn't think I'm a stalker. :laugh3:

My friend and I were just watching a movie on my iPod when the Kilians entered the stage at around 6pm ... that was strange, but the less time we had to wait the better. :D

I think Chris was in a far better mood this time. :thinking: "Wie geht's? Wie geht's? Wie geht's?" :laugh3:

Plus during the Billie Jean Cover Chris asked the crowd to keep up the "handys" ("Handys, handys, handys, yes handys please") ... in Hannover the people didn't quite understand him at first, when he said cell phones. :laugh3:

I had weird moment when I thought Chris was directly looking at me because I hit him with my flashlight unintentionally (sucky camera always turns the flashlight on again). :thinking: He looked rather pissed and pointed at my direction. But I'm still not sure if he really pointed at me or the girls with the banner that said "You still rule the world" in front of me. :embarassed:

It took ages to leave the concert. The police seemed to be overwhelmed by the crowd that left the stadium.

Well, not a real review, but it was almost a week ago and I'm already kinda sad, that my Coldplay summer is over. :confused: But I've got tons of pics to look at.

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-58.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-57.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-56.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-55.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-54.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-53.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-52.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-51.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-50.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-49.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-48.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-47.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-46.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-45.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-44.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-43.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-42.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-41.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-40.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-39.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-38.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-37.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-36.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-35.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-34.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-33.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-32.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-31.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-30.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-29.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-28.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-27.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-26.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-25.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-24.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-23.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-22.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-21.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-20.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-19.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-18.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-17.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-16.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-15.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-14.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-13.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-12.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-11.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-10.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-9.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-8.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-7.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-6.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-5.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-4.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-3.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-2.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_-1.jpg

Coldplay_Mnchen_ReitstadionRiem_290.jpg

One thing left to say: We took about 2000 butterflies with us. :laugh3:

hi everybody

I just came back from holiday so I couldn't write anything earlier....

Wow Wow Wow the concert was amazing!!!I don't know the right word to tell you how absolutely great fantastic awesome...it was!!!!It was my first concert and have seen a lot of videos from other concert but to hear them live just 3 meters in front of you is a totally other thing!!

We arrives early and had just about 2 hours to get there.we were so lucky to get right front of stage what was super!!

one of the best moments was in my opinion the atmosphere during the waltz when everybody was nervous and tensely cause you knew they would come on stage every minute.and then they came.Jonny was the first person we saw and he was so near!!

chris was in a very funny mood this night, so he was joking when he sang the last words of fix you (fiiiiiiii ------ xxxxxxx ) or forced will to sing a part of Billie Jean.:):):)

Violet Hill was one of the songs I like very much but with the beat and the guitars the live version is sooo much better than the one on the record.

after every song I thought "wow that was the best one tonight"...but I kept thinking this after every following song :):):)

best atmosphere: Politik (lights,incredible passionate singing of Chris, and the very loud piano!!!Wow) , of course lovers in Japan with the millions of butterflies, and in my place where the stage was in a very bright light and you could see how the band members smiled at each other and everyone yould see how much fun is it for them, also after so many concert they have played over the last year, to play live for 30 000 people.

it was the best concert I have seen so far and I can't wait to buy again tickets!!!!

hopefully the new record will be released not so far in the future...

one question: what was Chris saying about Chloe?and husband?who's Chloe?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYDojvsBsTc]YouTube - Strawberry Swing - Coldplay live in Munich 2009[/ame]

My review/experiences

Before I start to write, I have to apologise to anyone who's not really a fan of Guy :laugh3: as I have mostly only pics of him due to our spot in front of the stage ... plus the fact that I wanted to concentrate on him mainly as I hardly have pics of him (when being in London in February at the Warchild Concert, I mainly took pics of Chris, so I wanted to make up for that now ;) ) :D :cool:

Also sorry for this long review, in case you make it through you deserve a gong ;)

29082009_0317.jpg

We arrived at the venue (Reitstadion Riem) at around 11.45 am on Saturday, August 29th 2009.

The venue is the old Olympic Stadium for Show Jumping and is located in the middle of nowhere in Munich.

We parked our car at a tiny parking lot some 1 km away from the location and made our way to the entrance.

By the time we got there, only 5 more people were waiting there. 4 people who came all the way from Malta (don’t know whether they are on this forum as well) and another boy with crutches (poor him, we thought– as queueing up so early and ending up at the front when you can’t run don’t really match), more about him later.

Anyway, at some point (I guess it must have been around 2 pm) they let us further in in front of the turnstalls to queue and the 3 of us took turnstalls next to each other to make sure that at least one of us will get in first.

I was at some sort of ‘dead point’ at 3 pm as waiting started getting boring and me getting tired as well.

Luckily the ‘conditions’ for queueing were excellent. At first it was a bit cloudy with more and more sunny spells and temperatues around 20°C (~ 68°F) which is not too hot and not too cold. The day before we had massive rain but on this Saturday, it stayed dry all day long – at least in Munich!

At 4 pm they opened up the turnstalls and bodychecked people and searched their bags and stuff. Then there was another line of security people who were tearing off tickets and after that there was still a huge gap to run to get to the stage.

The entrance was right next to the left side of the stage so while waiting we could actually look onto stage, so that ‘soundcheck’ people were referring to definitely didn’t come from CP themselves but was live recordings being played, as they started and finished abruptly.

So we thought we ‘only’ had to run down the little way and would arrive to the left side of the stage already but little did we know. To get inside the ‘inncer circle’, we had to run a WHOLE ROUND around the middle barrier to enter the inner circle on the opposite side (Guys side), then run around one of the catwalks to get to the front of the stage. My lungs stopped working already a few hundred meters after I started running but luckily my two friends continued. Afterwards we were coughing for around 2 hours straight! And everyone around us did so too. And this is no joke!!! :stunned:

The security people (well most of them) didn’t even tell people off running but some of them started cracking jokes on our expense. So when the guy with the crutches got in I heard someone yell in the distance ‘Run, Forrest, run’ which wasn’t nice but I guess I saw/heard him laughing when looking back and even more surprising, he ended up getting a pretty good spot I think, being 5th row centre or so. :)

We got literally the last first row spots, located on the right side of the stage (where we wanted to be *evil grin*) and at first I thought that these spots were a bit shitty as it was at the bend to the right catwalk already but later, they turned out to be just excellent. :cool: :D

Anyway, now the 3rd part of waiting started but time passed by pretty quickly.

Another good thing was, that the stage was some kind of sunshield for us as the sun was behind it, so we didn’t need sunglasses nor did we get baked by it.

The security guy in front of us was really nice as well and we’ve made a little smalltalk.

He told us that the Kilians (first support band, they are from Germany but singing in English – check them out!) would be on at around 5.45 pm which we thought was probably only a misunderstanding, as they entered the stage at 6.40 pm in Hannover. But in the end he was right and they came on.

Like some other people already mentioned, they were pretty good and honestly speaking, I liked them MUCH better than the White Lies & Howling Bells. They were kind of innocently charming, their music more catchy and the singer’s talking (even if it was in german – but hey the show WAS in Germany!) was nice and you could figure out easily, that they all felt chuffed to be given the chance to open up for Coldplay.

Small gap for getting off the Kilians stuff and getting things set up for the Howling Bells which started their set at around 6.40 pm.

Like some other people mentioned before, they were not my cup of tea as well. Kilians created a far better atmosphere even though they are not that popular in Germany themselves until now …

Anyway, at around 7.20 pm roadies were starting to set up things for our boys and we saw Hoppy and a few others but shout outs were useless and we didn’t really expect anyone to give us a feedback anyway *lol*

We got out our first banner out as we thought that maybe Phil was there as well (despite his B-Day) and the banner just read ‘Happy Birthday Phil’ and security guys as well as people behind us were a little irritated as they probably started to wonder, who Phil was … *lol*

But there was no sight of Phil in front of the stage.

The huge curtain was removed before the preshow music started. They probably didn’t want to risk the boys being buried under it again after the Hannover incident.

I guess it wasn’t a technical problem in Hannover but all due to the wind, which pushed the curtain into the stage setting.

When the first sounds of Blue Danube started, we got another banner out and we wanted to be ‘charming’ first before we showed our ‘criticism banner’ *lol*

When Violet Hill was played, Chris & Guy started ‘scanning’ the audience/first row and Chris caught sight of our banner and you could see that he was narrowing his eyes trying to read what was written on it and once he figured it out, he was looking over to Guy, giving him a nod to look into our direction which he did and you could see he was reading it as well and shortly afterwards had a huge smile on his face … :)

29082009_0361.jpg

Our banner read:

Please please play the best bassline … White Shadows!

So don’t say we haven’t tried making them aware to change the setlist ;)

Clocks and In My Place were absolutely amazing, esp. when the crowd sang along to IMY.

Then Yellow was played and we even forgot to get our glowsticks out as I was way too busy taking pics ;)

Funny thing was that the balloons were kind of driven back to the stage because of the wind. I only expected to be ‘hit’ by one while taking pictures but I wasn’t that lucky.

When I realized that the played ‘GOW’ again instead of ‘SOS’, I was a bit disappointed as I think that the visuals on the big screens would fit much better to ‘SOS’. Ah well, you can’t have everything.

29082009_0367.jpg

Shortly before the guys were about to enter the B-Stage we got another banner out, which wasn’t that charming. Well, it wasn’t charming for Guy but it was for R#42 ‘cause we decided to do a bit of mocking with Guy for his Twitter absence.

This banner read:

Guy tweeting: Unreliable *wink*

R#42’s blogs: PRICELESS!

So when the guys were doing the last bits of SS, Guy already noticed the banner and he was raising his eyebrow and wrinkling his forehead but in a kind of irritated/fun way. He didn’t really look honestly pissed but more amused. So when the lights turned down he looked at the banner again and had a huge grin on his face. This guy KNOWS EXACTLY what’s going on. :laugh3: With all the tweets towards him to come back aso. :sneaky:

He is such a show off *lol* Most of the times he smiled BIG TIME when the lights were off. He’s way too cool to do it in public. :D Well, he does, but on very rare occasions.

Well, the biggest surprise though was Chris. This banner was entirely mocking with Guy and giving credits to Miller but when Chris was walking down to the B-stage he kind of walked slowly, looked down to the banner, read it, had a huge smile on his face and gave us thumbs up :thumbsup: and then he threw a guitar pick towards us which Iwona now has :cool:

We looked at each other being completely overwhelmed as we never expected Chris to take notice of that banner and especially NOT getting any feedback because of it, mainly because it was aimed towards Guy & Miller only.

But I reckon we got the thumbs up for the fact that R#42’s blogs are so brilliant and less because Guy stopped tweeting (which he probably doesn’t even know about).

B-Stage was fun even though we didn’t see much, only the backside of the boys which can be charming in a way as well.

29082009_0437.jpg

When Chris fucked up the lyrics to ‘THP’ everyone started cheering as this shows that ‘the fuck up fairy’ is always present :laugh3:

The most funny thing was that he fucked it up twice … and in the end simply changed one line to get into it again.

These kind of ditches make concerts even more special IMO. :wink3:

Then VLV was on and the choir was amazing though I’ve heard it better to be honest.

29082009_0462.jpg

29082009_0472.jpg

Funny was also, when the ran down the left ramp/catwalk to get to the C-stage they played ‘Singing In The Rain’ (don’t know whether it was the Gene Kelly original or not) even though it wasn’t raining at all. Maybe they decided to play it so that people knew something was going on …

‘cause I got the feeling that many people didn’t really realize that the boys were sprinting to the other end of the arena in Hannover to enter the C-stage and the audience only realized it when the actually entered the small stage. So maybe they’ve added this little musical intro!?

We didn’t see anything of the C-stage action unless looking at the magic balls above the main stage. It was funny when Chris kind of forced Will into singing ‘Billie Jean’ as well *lol* and he did an excellent job!

29082009_0482.jpg

29082009_0495.jpg

So while the boys were performing at the C-stage, roadies were getting the butterfly cannons ready and we were really excited as we would be showered by butterflies at this show :)

So when ‘LIJ’ was on we were indeed showered by butterflies and it was such a crazy and wonderful feeling standing here.

One thing I noticed is that they didn’t have the metallic/plastic butterflies anymore. Maybe they have avoided them because they are not biodegradable as it was an outdoor show?! So don’t say that Coldplay aren’t concerned about the environment.

29082009_0508.jpg

29082009_0521.jpg

We also spotted Miller shortly before the concert ended and we called out to him (still having our Twitter/blog banner ready) showing him the banner and he took a picture of it and had a huge grin on his face as well and he looked really chuffed. *lol*

29082009_0555.jpg

29082009_0564.jpg

29082009_0567.jpg

Okay, sorry for boring you with this long review even though it was more a story about our personal experience than a proper concert review …

I have already posted a few pics some pages back so check out those as well :)

Did I forget something?!?!? :confused:

I always tend to forget stuff or little (but important) details :(

The only thing I would add is that when CP came on stage that Chris saw pretty early on our Happy Birthday Phil Banner, smiled & noded and looked to Guy, who then also had a "little Guy smile" on his face.....:)

I just loved Chris at the gig esp. because no banner was for him.

P.

Thanks for the great review and pics! :heart:

It was a great night for me too, but it seems that yours was even better. I wish I had taken banners with me. :D

I think I saw you if you were standing right in front of the gates. I was kinda jealous because you had the best places to start running ... :laugh3:

They stopped letting in people right after the first people were through the gates ... they had massive problems with communication or whatsoever ... it was a disaster. They actually had to explain the security guards to put the ticket tear-offs (?) into the garbage bags (which they had to organise first). We had to wait at least another 10min after the first people were already in the stadium. :dozey:

Please please play the best bassline … White Shadows!

I totally agree on that one! I was so thrilled when they rehearsed it in Hannover ... but why the heck don't they play it during concerts?! :cry:

So when ‘LIJ’ was on we were indeed showered by butterflies and it was such a crazy and wonderful feeling standing here.

One thing I noticed is that they didn’t have the metallic/plastic butterflies anymore. Maybe they have avoided them because they are not biodegradable as it was an outdoor show?! So don’t say that Coldplay aren’t concerned about the environment.

I noticed that, too. But I guess it's easier to clean a closed stadium than a location like the Reitstadion Riem.

Ahhhh....The review that I've been waiting for :D

That's amazing Kirsten...Your Guy banner is hilarious :lol:

We just couldn't let him off with all this soft-soap people are giving him ;)

Someone had to bring him back to reality and point out the important things in life :sneaky: :laugh3:

Although I honestly doubt that it would make any difference but it was good for a laugh ;)

Esp. because Miller took a pic of that banner as well :D

Wondering whether it was 'discussed' afterwards in any way :laugh3: :thinking:

Great story Kirsten, coldplay karma hit once again, too bad they didn't play White Shadows and Guy hasn't started to tweet again yet, but at least you tried :D

Just give them time :sneaky:

On the other hand I don't think that they would actually listen to some fans' requests and change their setlist :laugh3:

And as for Twitter ... I highly doubt that we ever hear from Guy again which is sad, but it was nice while it lasted :)

But boo he doesn't need to twit 24x7x365, just once in a while :disappointed:

and as for the setlist, well, they soundchecked White Shadows, and it was not the first time they did in this tour, so they better play it...Wembley would be perfect :P