🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Official Tennis Thread

rudy_o

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He dropped out due to the heat. Roddick was still going strong till the end, and he says his conditioning helped him. I don't know why the idiots in Australia didn't close the roof on the stadium.

Roddick made several really impressive plays in this match, so it should be cool to see how he does against Federer (assuming he wins against that young dude Del Toro or whatever his name is). I think this new coach really helped Roddick's game. The next match he's in will be at nighttime, so heat won't be an issue.

Yeah, it Djokovic has been suffering from a lot lately, I found this little paragraph in an article after the match.

Later on in the year, at the US Open, ‘A-Rod’ was embroiled in an exchange of words with Djokovic after the Serb took one of his jokes the wrong way. The American jested that Djokovic’s injuries seemed endless. “A back and a hip? And a cramp? Bird flu ... anthrax ... SARS ... common cough and cold?” he said, smiling.

Novak didn’t realise Roddick was joking, took umbrage and after his four-set quarterfinal defeat of the American used his on-court, post-match interview to let his feelings be known. The world No.3 was then booed as the home crowd defended their hero.

Still, congratulations to Roddick! I remember switching to Jimmy Connors as is coach a couple years ago had an absolutely remarkable impact on his game. Now I think he's just being coached by his brother. Considering all those wimbledon's he lost to federer, and the fact that he has pretty much stayed in the top ten since 2001 when he won his only major, I would be thrilled if he could finally win another.

Hmm, turns out Roddick lost to the Fed at the Aussie semifinal in 2007. I rooted for Andy every major final he was in, but Federer always had the grace advantage, the way he sweeps across the court like a ballerina while Roddick's shoes make earsplitting squeaks with every sharp change of direction.

Roddick has about a 2-15 record vs. Federer, and I don't think he's ever beat him in a major before, so I'm hoping for a miraculous upset.