🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

18-Feb-09: Coldplay/The Killers - War Child gig, Shepherd's Bush, London (Reviews, Pictures, Videos

Denise

^ Great review! But I know so little about The Killers, why does everything i've read go on so much about the singer and not the band? Are they just session musicians, there only to back up Mr Flowers and make up the numbers?

oh gosh I'm a huge fan & no they're not just session musicians. Ronnie is the drummer, Mark is the bass player, and Dave is the guitar player. :)

you probably just hear about the singer, because that's normal for any band.. someone who is not a Coldplay fan probably knows the guys as "Chris & Co." To be honest, before A Rush Of Blood To The Head, I only knew who Chris was. I didn't learn the rest of their names until later on. Everyone always makes a fuss about the singer

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you know, most of my videos have a certain J focus.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_td7zl5j95k]YouTube - Coldplay Warchild 2-18-09 42 part 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OP9Gz7w0Tk]YouTube - Coldplay Warchild 2-18-09 42 part 2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eopStb1fmyY]YouTube - Coldplay Warchild 2-18-09 42 part 3[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXOHlLH1_ig]YouTube - Coldplay, The Killers, Gary Barlow & Bono - All These Things i've done[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gp0Ux_vBZg]YouTube - The Killers, Coldplay and Bono[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KpN1KD_zTc]YouTube - Coldplay, Killers and Bono, O2 Academy[/ame]

Mich and Lori: Phil!

*nothing*

Coldplayers as a whole: PHIIIIILLLLLLLLLL

*Phil turns looks surprised, waves*

Coldplayers: Hi!

Phil: Hi. How do I know you? (:nice:)

Coldplayers: You don't. We're Coldplay fans, Coldplaying.com, we sent the postcards!

Phil: Oooooh, the postcards wow *thumbs up* they were great. I love Coldplaying.com I visit three times a day

Coldplayers: *various squeals of appreciation*

Phil: That's so cool.

Coldplayers: Byyyye Phil

There you go :P

great reviews everyone.... but this is probably my fav thing...

I've just found a squished hot dog at the bottom of the plastic bag :laugh3:

:uhoh:

Mich and Lori: Phil!

*nothing*

Coldplayers as a whole: PHIIIIILLLLLLLLLL

*Phil turns looks surprised, waves*

Coldplayers: Hi!

Phil: Hi. How do I know you? (:nice:)

Coldplayers: You don't. We're Coldplay fans, Coldplaying.com, we sent the postcards!

Phil: Oooooh, the postcards wow *thumbs up* they were great. I love Coldplaying.com I visit three times a day

Coldplayers: *various squeals of appreciation*

Phil: That's so cool.

Coldplayers: Byyyye Phil

There you go :P

OMG that was awesome! :lol: Yep, my loud mouth was in there! In all honesty, I almost couldn't hear anything Phil was saying. A combination of the noise in the venue and the accent. But he was smiling and being very cool!:cool:

You can see the rest of us there in that pic, but we're all blatenly staring at Jonny.... :lol:

Truth! :D

holy craaap, jonny sounds [and looks] fantastic on 42:heart:

Weeee! Yes. But he was really tired in my opinion. (I just happened to be staring at his face for the entire show). He had his eyes closed way more than usual. But dang, LIT was really awesome. I wish I would have filmed it. Since the guitar was so loud and maybe b/c we were by his amp, you could hear his guitar very easily. My jaw dropped to see him from 10 feet away doing that fast strumming shimmery thing he does in LIT at the beginning of the song just before they go by Will for the group jam. You can hear it in this video fozPAKMAN has on youtube- listen at 0:50.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbuA9YKSbVQ]YouTube - Coldplay Life In Technicolor War Child Gig[/ame]

Anyways, here's another video I made. Guess who is in it?:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ih3OcjKVjw]YouTube - Coldplay Warchild 2-18-09 Lost[/ame]

I went to the gig and it was awesome. I got in the queue at around half past three and were stood behind a load of coldplay fans - sorry I don't know your names!! I am a member of the victims (killers fan club) but I have to say that you coldplay fans were a lot nicer, friendlier and politer than the other victims and i was a bit embarrased by the other victims!! I wanted to say thanks because you made our time in the queue go by so quickly and all of the rumours were true!! I hope the south african guy wet his pants when Bono came on stage!!!

Audio Download of the War Child Gig - 18/02/09

Hi there, i'm wondering if anyone can help me.

I wasn't able to get tickets for the gig :( so it would be amazing if i was able to download the whole gig (including the killers, coldplay and encores). Is this possible? Does anyone know how i can do this?

Please help!!!

Thanks

Thanks, Sophierose, glad to see the Coldplaying love spreading... a couple of months ago some Green Day fans came over to the board and seemed to like us too. So did Coldplay impress you as much as their fans?

Oh yes, coldplay were amazing!! I was a big fan anyway but that night my love for coldplay grew and grew!! It was my first time seeing them and I couldn't believe how energetic chris martin was!!

Tremendous pictures and reports everybody :)

oh gosh I'm a huge fan & no they're not just session musicians. Ronnie is the drummer, Mark is the bass player, and Dave is the guitar player. :)

you probably just hear about the singer, because that's normal for any band.. someone who is not a Coldplay fan probably knows the guys as "Chris & Co." To be honest, before A Rush Of Blood To The Head, I only knew who Chris was. I didn't learn the rest of their names until later on. Everyone always makes a fuss about the singer

Many thanks for that, I must learn more about this fine band.

Hi there, i'm wondering if anyone can help me.

I wasn't able to get tickets for the gig :( so it would be amazing if i was able to download the whole gig (including the killers, coldplay and encores). Is this possible? Does anyone know how i can do this?

Please help!!!

Thanks

I'm not sure about downloading it but they were filming it and someone asked what it was for and they said they were making the whole gig into a DVD.

Didn't have a chance to look back at all the posts and reviews, but I will have plenty of time this weekend.

The buskers outside when we were waiting in line were great, I knew some victims couldn't care less about coldplay and I was proud how all of the coldplayers were singing all the songs, even the few killers' ones :D

Anyway that was the best gig I've ever been, my three favourite bands all together on stage (well technically 3 U2 were missing). Epic is the only word I can use for what happened.

These are some of the pics I took, not the best..and I didn't took any video cause I knew the audio would turn out shit since I was too close to the stage (I just took one at the end of 42 just because it was the only way for me to have a decent shot of Guy :P booo to the victims who took hold of the right side of the stage)

img4021thbm1.jpgimg4050thzc2.jpg

img4054thco4.jpgimg4057thpz9.jpg

After the gig me and my friends went to the back entrance to see if we could catch someone..Guy came out and went straight into the car waiting for him, there were paparazzi outside so I couldn't get too close and say hi :angry:, then some unknown vip and Will, who took me by surprise as when he saw me and shook my hand gave me a kiss on the cheek and said he was happy to see me again, my face turned :stunned: I was so shocked that I asked him if he was sure he really did recognise me, and he did, awwww Will the Pooh :heart: ..too bad Kelly called him away, he would have stayed there chatting :disappointed: then Chloe came out, she is beautiful, and Jonny followed shortly and said hi..other unknown vips, then we and the victims spotted Dave and called him, he went inside to call the other killers, who came out to sign things and taking pics, that was great, Ronnie (the drummer) confirmed us they're coming back to play in Italy :D in the meantime Gwyneth came out, and all the paparazzi took pics of her.

P.S. Big ups to Kelly for going up and say things to the first in lines, you're so funny, it was nice meeting you, and also Mich, Lori and Kirsten :nice: and sorry for not coming up to introduce myself to all the coldplayers, I felt embarassed doing it :P

@sophierose: glad to see a victim here, and a DVD :dance: :dance:

img4050thzc2.jpg

Love this :D:heart:

After the gig me and my friends went to the back entrance to see if we could catch someone..Guy came out and went straight into the car waiting for him, there were paparazzi outside so I couldn't get too close and say hi :angry:, then some unknown vip and Will, who took me by surprise as when he saw me and shook my hand gave me a kiss on the cheek and said he was happy to see me again, my face turned :stunned: I was so shocked that I asked him if he was sure he really did recognise me, and he did, awwww Will the Pooh :heart: ..too bad Kelly called him away, he would have stayed there chatting :disappointed: then Chloe came out, she is beautiful, and Jonny followed shortly and said hi..other unknown vips, then we and the victims spotted Dave and called him, he went inside to call the other killers, who came out to sign things and taking pics, that was great, Ronnie (the drummer) confirmed us they're coming back to play in Italy :D in the meantime Gwyneth came out, and all the paparazzi took pics of her.

Awww you met Will and Jonny and Dave AND Ronnie???!!! :bomb: