✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Feb-09: Coldplay/The Killers - War Child gig, Shepherd's Bush, London (Reviews, Pictures, Videos

Denise

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhh I think I got who you were, did you have both Viva and Day & Age covers? good to know I was not the only Coldplay fan there, I was feeling a little weird freaking out seeing them and all the other people watching as if they didn't know who they were (which was probably true for some victims) :lol:

Yes, it was me! I'm a "double fan" :laugh3: And when Jonny came , as people didn't pay attention to him, I wondered if it was really him! That's why I didn't talk to him.... How stupid I am sometimes!!! (or maybe often :rolleyes:)

Ohh you friend didn't miss too much, I mean it's always a pleasure seeing him but it was really sad the way all the paps were around him and he just run into the car, plus you would have risked of being trampled on by some of them :dozey:

ok I'll tell her! But it 's a bit strange that the paps behaved that way with him and not with Jonny and Will!

when Brandon and Dave came out Brandon got hounded by the paps, he had a body guard and all, Dave had nothing and just strolled out behind no problem at all so I was able to say hi and thanks for a great show to him...Brandon was whisked away far too quickly.

Well, i don't agree with you, in fact Brandon took the time to sign everyone and to take pictures with fans (I have mine ) and he stayed much longer than Dave who was not particularly "friendly" with fans actually.....

Maybe one day, I will get a recognition smooch from Jonny, like Denise got from Will! :blush:

But he is shy, so maybe not. :P I can dream. I'll be happy with a handshake, or hug, etc etc :wacky:

Oh! Thanks so much Denise! That was lots of Jonny details! Thank you thank you thank you!

You're most welcome Lori..ohh I hope you're gonna get a kiss from Jonny, even tough he's not the one making the first step you should try ask him whenever you meet him again, I bet he will go all blushing :lol:

I've just seen you're going to Tampa..if me and my friends manage to organise everything I'm coming as well, we already have our tickets :dance:

ok I'll tell her! But it 's a bit strange that the paps behaved that way with him and not with Johnny and Will!

I didn't get it either, they maybe mistook him for someone else, I don't know if you saw it but the security people had a sheet with pictures to recognise all the vips :laugh3::laugh3:

I LOVE band reunions – but this might just be the biggest yet.

Because The Killers’ frontman Brandon Flowers has revealed that he’s planning to reform the supergroup that wowed the crowd after the Brits last week.

It was only a little group mind you. I mean it only included The Killers. Oh and Coldplay. And Take That puppetmaster Gary Barlow. And ruddy U2 frontman Bono.

But I've got some bad news, cos you’re going to have to travel a long way to catch it.

Brandon said at the NME Awards: “We had so much doing that gig for War Child that we really want to do it again – but it’ll probably happen in South America.” (Ooooooooh!)

And what about for those who don’t have a few thousand quid to spend on flights, accommodation and the necessary vaccinations?

“It would be cool to do a proper collaboration, but these things take time. But who knows. If the schedules were right, then hell yeah. Sure. Let’s produce an album.”

But Brando was less talkative about his rumoured collaboration with his boyhood idols the Pet Shop Boys.

PSB vocalist Neil Tennant had told me at the Brits last week that he’d love to do something with the Killers, but tight-lipped Brando refused to spill the beans – the spoilsport.

“They are such incredible artists and singing with them meant so much to me – it was one of the first records I ever owned and they have influenced my career so much.

“I can’t really talk about collaborations with them at the moment, but I will say this. I am massive fan, I’ve loved their music for years and I'm really hopeful.

“We’ll just see what happens.”

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/xs/197253/The-Killers-Coldplay-Gary-Barlow-and-Bono-Celeb-XS.html

Brandon said at the NME Awards: “We had so much doing that gig for War Child that we really want to do it again – but it’ll probably happen in South America.” (Ooooooooh!)

And what about for those who don’t have a few thousand quid to spend on flights, accommodation and the necessary vaccinations?

:bomb: :bomb: I almost died when Mimi sent me that!

anyway, if that happens in Chile, you don't need vaccinations... Santiago is a big modern city :P, we don't live in the jungle :P

I LOVE band reunions – but this might just be the biggest yet.

Because The Killers’ frontman Brandon Flowers has revealed that he’s planning to reform the supergroup that wowed the crowd after the Brits last week.

It was only a little group mind you. I mean it only included The Killers. Oh and Coldplay. And Take That puppetmaster Gary Barlow. And ruddy U2 frontman Bono.

But I've got some bad news, cos you’re going to have to travel a long way to catch it.

“It would be cool to do a proper collaboration, but these things take time. But who knows. If the schedules were right, then hell yeah. Sure. Let’s produce an album.”

But Brando was less talkative about his rumoured collaboration with his boyhood idols the Pet Shop Boys.

PSB vocalist Neil Tennant had told me at the Brits last week that he’d love to do something with the Killers, but tight-lipped Brando refused to spill the beans – the spoilsport.

“They are such incredible artists and singing with them meant so much to me – it was one of the first records I ever owned and they have influenced my career so much.

“I can’t really talk about collaborations with them at the moment, but I will say this. I am massive fan, I’ve loved their music for years and I'm really hopeful.

“We’ll just see what happens.”

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/xs/197253/The-Killers-Coldplay-Gary-Barlow-and-Bono-Celeb-XS.html

Haha, when I read this I always saw him instead of BrandoN:

_brando.jpg

Just seen the Killers again tonight and they were fantastic again, but I couldn't help but feel All These Things will never quite be as good live as it was at the War Child gig that was just epic.

You got a ticket for the gig at the O2??

I'm so jealous, I tried getting a ticket for weeks!!

Ok, then came the War Child gig and it couldn't have been better than the way it was :D

Were you standing? I'd love to see them again...

Ok, then came the War Child gig and it couldn't have been better than the way it was :D

saw them at Cardiff CIA which is about 1/2 the size of the O2, a really good arena and good atmosphere ( I went with the family and they live closer to Cardiff than London) and yes its all standing. They were on top form and I'm now swaying towards Rock Werchter for another Killers/CP extravagandza :D

Yeah I'd love to see them again too.... There's a rumor that they might be with Coldplay in Arras on July 2nd..... Already got my tickets!:D

saw them at Cardiff CIA which is about 1/2 the size of the O2, a really good arena and good atmosphere ( I went with the family and they live closer to Cardiff than London) and yes its all standing. They were on top form and I'm now swaying towards Rock Werchter for another Killers/CP extravagandza :D

I'm super jealous you got to see the Killers again -I was only a casual fan till our Warchild gig, Now I'm dying to see them again!

PS i friend requested you !

I'm super jealous you got to see the Killers again -I was only a casual fan till our Warchild gig, Now I'm dying to see them again!

PS i friend requested you !

just got it....They were awesome again that was my 5th Killers show...am now 90% going to Werchter :laugh3:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:kiss: Thanks!!

I was wearing my shirt just yesterday and a costumer at work got all excited, asked me questions about it and told me with a huge smile "I've seen Coldplay twice already and I'll go to see them in August!"

He and his wife have tickets for the same concert than me... :)

Oh now I'm getting all nostalgic...