✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Feb-09: Coldplay/The Killers - War Child gig, Shepherd's Bush, London (Reviews, Pictures, Videos

Denise

Aww did he? That's such a nice thing to say.

It looked like a nice little friendship had developed between the bands, Chris and Brandon especially. I have a lovely video of them hugging which I need to upload. :nice:

Michee, did you put up pics and stuff in the multimedia section or here & I missed 'em ~Kell

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did read your review, and I thought it was SO perfectly put. I really did wish that 'P' would happen upon it and put a little word in the boys' ears before the shows this summer...change it up a bit.

I actually wrote a review agreeing with you and added my 2 cents worth as well. Then I accidentally lost the whole thing and thought 'fuckit' I'm too tired to start over .... you put it so well I don't need to bother anyway....

... I'm going to go back and look at your pics again...

Okay ... this will be my last picture post on this thread, I am now finished with my photos (at least with the ones which came out okay ;) ) and some people *glances to Anna, Kelly, Carol, Lori and all the others* already requested this one to be posted in larger size ... :sneaky:

Hope you like it :)

*DRUMROLL*

l_12fdac39538b48ddac4cd1ef32d5e857.jpg

That's my absolutely fave pic of the whole evening ... :smug:

*sings* Isn't he lovely? Isn't he beautiful?

OOOOOOHHHHHHH

I LOOOOOOVe this pic

he is so bootiful:D

I did read your review, and I thought it was SO perfectly put. I really did wish that 'P' would happen upon it and put a little word in the boys' ears before the shows this summer...change it up a bit.

I actually wrote a review agreeing with you and added my 2 cents worth as well. Then I accidentally lost the whole thing and thought 'fuckit' I'm too tired to start over .... you put it so well I don't need to bother anyway....

... I'm going to go back and look at your pics again...

Oh nooooo, how annoying.

My pictures are rubbish compared to everyone else's. You people are gooooooood :D

Oh well I have a lot of blurry ones, these are the best, I had Chris at like 10cm I don't even know how many times and couldn't get one decent shoot cause he moves too fast, at one point I just wanted to enjoy the concert and not bothering taking pics anymore, I knew I could trust all the coldplayers there for pics and videos :nice:

69466128.jpg98412265.jpg

89946173.jpg

42060791.jpg

Will :wacky:

13020661.jpg

55029312fw9.jpg

Thanks Ian :)

And sorry for spamming ;)

its not spam if its relevant :D

Aww did he? That's such a nice thing to say.

It looked like a nice little friendship had developed between the bands, Chris and Brandon especially. I have a lovely video of them hugging which I need to upload. :nice:

ooooh yes please :)

Hi guys...back to Italy after the best experience of my life!:rolleyes:

Here some of my pics, hope you'll enjoy;)

awesome pics :D ty for sharing

Oh well I have a lot of blurry ones, these are the best, I had Chris at like 10cm I don't even know how many times and couldn't get one decent shoot cause he moves too fast, at one point I just wanted to enjoy the concert and not bothering taking pics anymore, I knew I could trust all the coldplayers there for pics and videos :nice:

they all do!! any pic I have with 2 or more band members in, there's always one of them blurring :laugh3:

the only reason I managed to get a decent pic of Chris was because he sat down in front of us.

I was discarding pics as I went! If they looked seriously blurred in the camera, I knew there was no hope for them.

isn't that photographer a bloke? :confused:

woops my bad :P

The photographer should be The Killers' official one, and he is also Brandon's brother-in-law :D

edit: I don't know if anyone noticed but when introducing All These Things Brandon said "We stole this song from Steve Vai but don't tell anybody"..hint to the stupid Joe Satriani thingy (to people who don't know him, Steve Vai is a great guitarist as Joe Satriani) he defended them :nice:

oh tnx for clearing that up :)

No bull down at the old Bush

If the NME gigs have quietly dropped their hostility to the Brits, Wednesday's War Child gig, celebrating 15 years of the rock-affiliated charity, makes no secret of its allegiances. The audience is packed in long beforehand but proceedings don't start until 11pm, giving joint headliners Coldplay and The Killers plenty of time to digest their ceremony dinner across town before heading for Shepherds Bush.

The pay-off is the gig's status as the unofficial Brits aftershow, and a rumour mill buzzing with speculation about who else will appear onstage tonight - a "special guests" slot is scheduled. The chatter on the venue's bush telegraph has Brits presenter Kylie reprising "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" with Coldplay - the British four-piece covered it during their Glastonbury headlining slot in 2005 - and more far-fetched speculation involves a Chris Martin/Iron Maiden hook-up. But besides these fantasy collaboration pub games, much of the evening's fun involves gawping down at the venue's VIP-only first floor to see which stars are in attendance. Before the fun of the guest section can begin - a quick scan downstairs reveals that Richard Ashcroft, Courtney Love and Neil Tennant are all present and possible contenders (though unlikely in Love's case) - there's the small matter of the two scheduled gigs.

A concise hour-long performance suits co-headliners the Killers well, allowing them to deliver a terrific Noughties jukebox of a set without delving into the dustier corners of their so-so second album. "Mr Brightside", "Human" and "When You Were Young" are present and correct, but the conspiracy theorists among us take note that their barnstorming usual closer "All These Things That I've Done" is suspiciously absent.

Almost 10 years in a rock-star bubble have done nothing to diminish Chris Martin's populist touch or his heroic levels of uncool. Skipping across the stage at the start of Coldplay's set, fidgeting and chattering excitedly, he might have been custom-built for a feelgood occasion like this, the idea that nice guys win and Hollywood actresses dig nerdy dancing made flesh. Coldplay focus on their notionally conflicted (though really very accessible) latest album Viva La Vida, and also lay on a generous smattering of past hits while various audience members leave their seats and slip backstage for the encore.

Iron Maiden, heart-breakingly, aren't among them, nor is Kylie, but the appearance of Gary Barlow alongside Coldplay for the first of two collaborations makes better musical sense. Take That's mid-Nineties songs provided an early template for some of the piano-led sob stories on Coldplay's 2000 debut; Coldplay returned the favour by inspiring the stadium sound which has driven Take That's hugely successful comeback.

"Back For Good" is an obvious choice and as wonderful as ever, though neither Martin's nor Barlow's vocals are particularly audible above the communal singalong. But they call in back-up for the final salvo, a rousing version of "All These Things That I've Done" with the Killers lending the song and some extra heft, and a messianic Bono pacing in midway through to consecrate the group jam. "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier," sing representatives of four of the world's biggest acts, as 2,000 cameraphones are held aloft to capture the moment. In the early hours of Thursday morning, Brandon Flowers's famously nonsensical lyric feels like the most affirming sentiment in the world.

This is how every major charity gig since time immemorial has ended of course; everyone onstage, hugs all round and Bono having the last word. But whatever your musical allegiance or feelings about celebrity charity fests, it's impossible not to marvel at the sight of a stadium supergroup gracing a stage more used to hosting indie mid-leaguers. Only a committed cynic would wish they'd stayed at home to watch the Brits.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/feb/22/warchild-killers-coldplay-bono-u2-take-that

i left that concert with feeling something ive never felt before, i dont know how to explain it really. everytime i watch a video from the night, it comes back.

I know what you mean...

So well... Still contains a bit of disbelief it all really happened :lol:

Today I played "Back for good" on my mp3 player through the boxes of the cinema foyer (I work there as a side job) and was feeling so happy and sad at the same time.

Sad because of the post-London-depression...

I'm uploading my video of "42" at the moment!

:shocked2: wow, I've just finished watching all your great quality videos and pics ...

So I was there too, but I didn't meet anyone of you and I regret it but I arrived late to the venue: 7pm.... I tried to look for Anna in the queue since we had exchanged pics in PM but I wasn't successful.... But I can see clearly who Iriden is since I was there when Will kissed you....

As I said I arrived late and I took the queue at the middle front of the pub.... I thought I wouldn't have a good spot but when we entered the venue it was surprisingly "empty" and we were third row just in front of Guy as my friend wanted it , she's fond of him! It was great!

I can't find words to describe how I enjoy the show in English (I can't in French either :laugh3: ) It was the best gig experience I had ...ever.... I loved The Killers, Brandon looked so happy , smiling all the time, his voice was perfect.... Then Coldplay, wooooooow, it was the first time for me, and an amazing one, being so close, everything was perfect.... Then the final with Bono.... At that moment I think I didn't know my name and the place where I live, I went insane, jumping and singing!

Then after the show I went at the back to wait for the artists to come .... When we arrived, we were told that Guy had just left....which was a big disappointment for my friend....We were about 15 people.... Then Will came and Irisen told you what happened..... Then Jonny, he smiled to me as the other people here didn't seem to have noticed him and I was the only one looking at him but I wasn't able to say a single word to him....:angry: Then Dave from the Killers arrived and signed and took pictures, then Brandon, oh he was so lovely, he was very nice with the fans, he signed and I had my picture with him (for those who were there I was the one who lend my marker for him to sign everyone)....he was so nice :blush: At the same time Gwyneth arrived, I knew she was pretty but I couldn't imagine she was soooooooo beautiful! I also recognized Natalie Imbruglia and Courtney Love....

We waited until 3:30am..... But as you know Chris had gone on the other side.... but it doesn't matter , I will never forget this night and the feelings are still here!

here are my pics but they aren't very good and I'm a bit shameful to post that especially after LittleMissMessy last picture (OMG!!!!):shocked2:

n795068398_1338277_5982.jpg

n795068398_1338278_6237.jpg

n795068398_1338279_6493.jpg

n795068398_1338283_7698.jpg

n795068398_1338286_8603.jpg

n795068398_1338290_9745.jpg

n795068398_1338291_24.jpg

n795068398_1338292_369.jpg

n795068398_1338293_665.jpg

n795068398_1338295_1231.jpg

n795068398_1338296_1571.jpg

n795068398_1338300_2938.jpg

n795068398_1338302_3664.jpg

BTW, we missed our Eurostar the next morning :laugh3:

So I was there too, but I didn't meet anyone of you and I regret it but I arrived late to the venue: 7pm.... I tried to look for Anna in the queue since we had exchanged pics in PM but I wasn't successful....

BTW, we missed our Eurostar the next morning :laugh3:

Hey Ludivine!!

Great to see your review as well.

I was already afraid you didn't make it there...

But I'm so glad to hear you had such a fabulous time as well!!!!

And you were still close to the stage - perfect.

Well, we don't live that far from each other!

We can meet to have a coffee whenever you feel like you want to talk about it for hours again and there's nobody wanting to hear it :lol::lol::lol: (pretty much my situation already :laugh3:)

You missed your train? :shocked2:

Hope you didn't have too much trouble to get back.

And thanks for your pics!

I can't get over Brandon's trousers... SO TIGHT!! :stunned: :o :P

Hey Ludivine!!

And thanks for your pics!

I can't get over Brandon's trousers... SO TIGHT!! :stunned: :o :P

:laugh3::laugh3: Have you ever seen Mika on stage? His trousers are worse! Your videos are more than great! wow!

For the train we had the next one but we had to pay an extra full price ticket.....:angry:

Thank you everyone for your photos and reviews (I'm having trouble watching your vids. :confused:).

they're all great photies! as promised, here are mine in rar file, of the queue, of Coldplay and of the Killers. Again apologies for all the blurry or mega blurry ones but there are some great ones too. It might take a while to download, its 160mb :P

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vc05d0

:( I can't download it. It says: "Sorry, the free service is at full capacity." But I hardley download anything from that source. :confused:

Phil: Oooooh, the postcards wow *thumbs up* they were great. I love Coldplaying.com I visit three times a day

So great you had a chat with Phil!. :cheesy: When did the messageboard become only visible to members? I hope Phil has an account. :rolleyes:

Guy came out and went straight into the car waiting for him, there were paparazzi outside so I couldn't get too close and say hi :angry:, then some unknown vip and Will, who took me by surprise as when he saw me and shook my hand gave me a kiss on the cheek and said he was happy to see me again, my face turned :stunned: I was so shocked that I asked him if he was sure he really did recognise me, and he did, awwww Will the Pooh :heart: ..too bad Kelly called him away, he would have stayed there chatting :disappointed:

WOW, what?!? :shocked2: Will is so sweet! You are so lucky! I literally sat like this when I read it: :o :cheesy: Have you met him before?

Sorry everyone, but I only realized just now, that Part 15 has gone missing :stunned:

I was wondering what happened to that part. :thinking: THANK YOU for all the good (< the modest choice of word is me controlling myself) photos of Chris! :nice:

After the gig me and my friends went to the back entrance to see if we could catch someone..Guy came out and went straight into the car waiting for him, there were paparazzi outside so I couldn't get too close and say hi :angry:, then some unknown vip and Will, who took me by surprise as when he saw me and shook my hand gave me a kiss on the cheek and said he was happy to see me again, my face turned :stunned: I was so shocked that I asked him if he was sure he really did recognise me, and he did, awwww Will the Pooh :heart: ..too bad Kelly called him away, he would have stayed there chatting :disappointed: then Chloe came out, she is beautiful, and Jonny followed shortly and said hi..other unknown vips, then we and the victims spotted Dave and called him, he went inside to call the other killers, who came out to sign things and taking pics, that was great, Ronnie (the drummer) confirmed us they're coming back to play in Italy :D in the meantime Gwyneth came out, and all the paparazzi took pics of her.

P.S. Big ups to Kelly for going up and say things to the first in lines, you're so funny, it was nice meeting you, and also Mich, Lori and Kirsten :nice: and sorry for not coming up to introduce myself to all the coldplayers, I felt embarassed doing it :P

Yeah Kelly was great! It was nice to meet you too.

OMG you saw Jonny! :bomb: I had a sinking feeling when we saw cameras flashing back there that it was them leaving. Except Chris. Sigh. We were on the other side and could not get over there fast enough. So, any more details about Jonny? Other than he said Hi? Thanks so much! :D

I have uploaded some... but this is the one I love most!!! :nice:

Squee!

It's us singing!!! :nice:

OMG I love Kelly doing the Fix You lightbulb swing! I completely LOL'd!

yep there's a 1 in 3 chance that it was your doggie :laugh3:

Oh good, I thought it was 1 in 2! :P

I know.... & I've been up since 2:45 am with some heinous jet lag. Most of it because I was worrying that Mich & Lori will never forgive me for the ultimate superfan faux-pas. My fault we missed Chris. Even my husband was like 'geez, what's wrong with you...you couldn't have waited 10 more minutes!!!!!!!!!!' Glad it seems everyone made it made it back home safe and sound!

DUDE! Stop blaming yourself.

I'm only sad we missed Jonny leaving. I want a kiss! :lol:

http://www.warchild.org.uk/heroes/killers_coldplay_bono_gary_barlow_gig

Picture 15 on the slide show. its brandon on the stage, but we don't care about him, check out the bottom right corner :D

Edit: The Victims have imageshacked a copy :D

bflowarchildgig09kr0.jpg

Awesome pic! We are like YYYEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Well done, glad you made it safe and sound, it was brilliant to meet you and Lori along with everyone else. I'll never forget you dragging that poor guy out of the estate agents to take our pictures!

I won't be home until tomorrow night and it's tricky using the computer here at my parents so I can't wait to get home and download all the goodies.

My daughters are wetting themselves back at home because I made it onto "proper pap sites!"

haha! It was great meeting you too! :hug:

Oooh Kirsten, you're making me remember it all again, he was so lovely. Me and Anna nearly got killed running across the road and Chris said "don't get run over now" and he said he had to go soon as it was "tea time" then I went round to his left side cos I know he writes with his left hand and just kind of eased my map of Camden and pen into his hand getting a good old touch of it at the same time.

When he'd signed "love Chris" (Squeeeeeeeeeee ), he was just about to use my pen for the next person but then gave it back to me (another touch, oops it's so hard to take a pen) and took their's instead.

I was also touching his arm throughout all this. He said "did you enjoy the encore" everyone agreed and I said it was great, "all my best three boys on stage together "(meaning Chris, Brandon and Bono) and he laughed, I'm hoping he thought I said my three best bands not boys. I can't believe I said that!

Then he said he had to get home, he said goodbye and we all thanked him and he was in the car and gone! We were then there on cloud 9 for about another hour until we got a taxi organised along with the help of a nice kind policeman. We got to the hotel gone 4am.

I sort of forgot about the paps and couldn't believe the photos on the websites that emerged, talk about glam, I look dreadful but who cares! My kids are well impressed. I shall never forget it as long as I live.

Squee! So happy for you Carol!

pics are uploading on to Flickr

but heres a few 1st

WarChild26.jpg

Woah, that's it. You can stop right there. You killed me. :dead:

maybe, maybe not :(

I just tend to try and work on the theory that things happen for a reason, and that if you don't get something you really want this time, it because there's something better round the corner

Squee! I like your theory Jen! :dance:

It was so great to meet you and Ian! I had to keep stopping myself from bowing down to you both like "I'm not worthy!" because I didn't want to make you feel awkward. But the urge was there!

Sorry bout that hotdog! :P

The Jammy Dodgers were delicious!

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

It was so great to meet you and Ian! I had to keep stopping myself from bowing down to you both like "I'm not worthy!" because I didn't want to make you feel awkward. But the urge was there!

Sorry bout that hotdog! :P

great to meet you too! hope you weren't too frozed :wreck: and I woudn't have gone to the shop for sandwiches if I'd known they were bringing hotdogs, especially if they all had mustard in which meant more for me :laugh3: