✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2-Jul-2009: Main Square Festival, France - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

HOME!! :)

Desperately need a shower now, then the review and upload marathon can begin :D

Welcome home, Anna :)

Great to hear you've had such a fantastic time and that you arrived home safely :)

And make sure not to rush yourself too much, we will be waiting here a night long while looking out for tweets from C&C and Hester :)

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here is part 1:

I'm sure some other stuff will come to my mind later...

I got up at 4:30am... as soon as I got into the car to the train station they played VLV on the radio and I was smiling soooo much!

These are two pics I took at the train station, it was beautiful...

3685117330_fe3449c891_o.jpg

3684306195_fccf6c3b85_o.jpg

I took a train to meet Perrine, then we went together to Arras.

No point telling you what we listened to in the car!

As soon as we arrived in Arras we went to the place where the others were already queuing. I was a bit overwhelmed with the situation to be honest, had my bag with me and just quickly said hi to the others who were first in the queue, then went to my hotel (literally around the corner of the place), dropped the bag, put on my VIVA shirt and joined the others again.

Perrine, her sister and me sneaked behind the barrier...

I didn't get the full conversation, I think the people behind us said it's fine as long as they can run first later or something??

It was a bit strange to talk in 2 languages, most of the time I had to ask Chavi or Camille what the topic actually was... you French people speak too fast for me!! :)

It was incredily hot and there was no shadow, we were boiling on the asphalt!

We were putting on sun blocker regularly and although I am very sensitive to the sun I only have a sun burn on my head :)

While we were still at the first waiting point a girl behind us was the first one to faint and that would continue throughout the entire day...

My biggest fear was that I need to go to the toilet :P

But in the end it worked well with drinking small amounts regularly :)

We were counting down the time until 3pm, as the time came closer we sang a few songs, the coldplaying choir!! We were good haha!

Sadly we couldn't infect the other people waiting to sing with us.

So the plan was already set: All of us had our bags already open (and Carla hid her camera and Camille had a perfect hiding location for her banner!) and the ticket in the hand.

The security told us that after our bags were checked we would have to wait at a second point in the shadow. That sounded like a huuuuuge relief.

When we were there however... there was no shadow!!!

3684307025_4ebf277c8e_o.jpg

So waiting in the boiling sun again, this time with people pushing from the back which made it sooo much better I can tell you :\

Then it was time to run:

Camille had her 4-days festival bracelet, she didn't have to have her ticket checked so she was the first one to run, then we all followed and for the next concerts I'll definitely wear sneakers :lol:

The cobblestones and my sandals were a dangerous combination.

As you all already saw we succeeded in the end!!!

FRONT ROW BABY!! :dance:

This is a pic a security guy kindly took for us:

3685125736_17b937462b_o.jpg

We thought there wouldn't be butterfly confetti, we were wrong!!!

3684346245_f467b4000b_o.jpg

It didn't take long and the girl standing next to me fainted, she came back however before the first band started and she was fine until the end, so many others fainted that day, no wonder, it was so hot and no clouds to bring relief...

Part 2:

The first band started playing... M. Ward.

They were alright but what made us really cheer was seeing Jackie walking past us, she answered with a smile to us :laugh3:

Most of us shortly sat down between the acts.

I got up and it was not hard to guess who would be next:

AMY MACDONALD was written on drums, you've probably seen the pic of it already in the Werchter Festival thread...

Here's a pic of Amy:

3685119868_f621bd7b12_o.jpg

I loved her accent!!!

It was great seeing her and singing with her, but that Scottish accent!!

I could have listened to her for hours :laugh3:

You others have to help me later - it was during Amy's set that we saw Miller and Phil, right??

I'm pretty sure but so much happened, I'm already confusing things, oh no!!!

We all screamed and waved however and he went hiding :lol:

Eventually the sun became a little less burning and it was time for the Ting Tings:

3684308769_b82e2f226c_o.jpg

3684309453_4c210e93cc_o.jpg

Their set would actually require a seperate review :)

AMAZING!!

It was a big party, I loved all the songs, I shot a few short videos I'm probably going to upload later...

You should have seen us dancing!!

We still had to keep some energy in reserve though.

During one song the Ting Ting's asked us to raise our hands, and guess who we saw backstage following their instruction??

CHRIS!!! :dance:

Oh wow... those are some great photos!

Part 2:

During one song the Ting Ting's asked us to raise our hands, and guess who we saw backstage following their instruction??

CHRIS!!! :dance:

:wacky:!

Oh and some general stuff inbetween:

3685160208_c1552ee1a4_o.jpg

A cloud :lol:

They played music inbetween sets - the same every time!!

Like I said in my tweet we heard "Whiter shape of pale" about 4 times that day!!!

And there was a short advertising video from Virgin, they used parts of LIT II and every time it came on we started singing to it :lol:

The security guys in front of us were only smiling and shaking their heads!

Luckily they gave us water bottles throughout the day - it would have been impossible to survive the day without those.

And Chavi and Carla: I'll be FOREVER in your debt for those cookies!!! :hug:

I was so poorly prepared...

But I promise next time I'll have learned from it:

I'll wear sneakers and have dry cookies (not melted muesli bar...) in my bag next time!

3685126304_6b28db6476_o.jpg

3684348867_cb6db40c56_o.jpg

@ Kirsten: No, we were just close enough :P (Why the question mark??)

Wait for the CP pics!!!

I took some for you and some for the Jonny fans as well, so much I can tell already ;)

by cendredelune89

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ1tD3YQ2_E]YouTube - Coldplay Main Square Festival d'Arras Chris parle francais pendant I'm A Believer[/ame]

by BaudetGaelle / passage en français excellent

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5PQlsHZzmg]YouTube - Coldplay 6* Main Square Festival[/ame]