✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2-Jul-2009: Main Square Festival, France - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOD I'M BACK !

Actually I'm lacking of words to describe how I feel, this was better than anything, but it seemed so unreal !

I'll write a review, but Anna's one is so great that I'm dithering now :P

15206293096683d7e511cf8.jpg

We saw him taking that pic haha

Yeaaaah I saw he too, I was sure that he was tweeting !

Oooh Miller, I'm deaf because of you now :lol:

FRONT ROW BABY!! :dance:

This is a pic a security guy kindly took for us:

3685125736_17b937462b_o.jpg

I really love this pic, with all the banners and all of us standing front row !!! (or almost :P)

During one song the Ting Ting's asked us to raise our hands, and guess who we saw backstage following their instruction??

CHRIS!!! :dance:

That's really so cute Anna :wacky:

He's such a great audience :D

And when Phil came... was it you Chavi or Carla?? Oh I'm sorry I can't remember!! It's all a blur at the moment!!

Ok, when he came the banner with his name on was waved and he saw it of course, he would have had to be blind to NOT see it!!

This is his reaction:

3684315377_30e73e3f93_o.jpg

So so so so so cute!!! :wacky: :heart:

Phil is such a cutie ! :wacky:

When I first saw him backstage I already recognized his pink cheeks !

And this smile ! :bomb:

Some people think that at the end of Violet Hill, Chris said "bonsoir biloute!"

"Biloute" is a French expression from the North :P I watched a video on youtube, but the crowd is too loud so I can't really hear..

Yes that's it !!! I didn't understand first, and I watched the video and he REALLY said that ! It really cracks me up :lol:

I'll post the video later !

Anna your pics are incredible ! :hug:

I'm so so so disgusted because I could have had the same camera :bigcry: I don't wanna think about it ...

Part 4c:

Ok, so after Lost! they all went to the C-stage!!!!

They were far away apparently but the atmosphere was indescribable... beyond description.

That big place, all the colourful lights, people in the windows, the heat...

I can't find words to describe it. Probably "romantic" and "perfect" comes close.

Chris tried to sing in French and had to laugh at the same time, it was adorable!

Carla took a video, from what I could see in her display it must be awesome.

All songs were perfect for the C-stage, Green Eyes made me melt... SIGH!

I'm sure others will find better words to describe, I can't translate the emotions to written words, if you could see my eyes and my smile you'd come closer to it I think...

So shortly before they finished we already saw the torch in the gap between us and the stage, I thought "Ok, so they'll go backstage now... maybe to the right? Means past us. As the man came from our side.

AND SO IT WAS!!!

I touched Chris and Jonny gave me a high-five!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Camille touched Jonny as well, Chavi Chris and Jonny like me, the others have to tell themselves as I don't know.

When they came back they started with Politik, that stroboscope light was immense!

I'm not a big fan of "Politik" but seeing and hearing it live is another thing.

Chris was humping like a madman :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: :heart:

When it started to rain at the beginning some roadies came running and covered the butterfly bombs with plastic bags...

Now guess who came to check himself if everything is alright with the bombs before LIJ??

PHIL!!!

3685142550_7c23129f67_o.jpg

3684331711_c623c6bddb_o.jpg

(I didn't want to use the flash there, sorry for the blurriness again)

For the Chris lovers I can promise a great close-up video of the Scientist and LIT II (with turns to Jonny, Guy and Will).

3685149060_3771eac2e3_o.jpg

The end came too sudden, as always.

Why do all good things come to an end?? :)

We got something to drink and eat at the bar, had a quick chat and then Carla and Chavi went with me to the hotel to make themselves fresh for the journey to Rock Werchter Festival straight afterwards.

I took a shower (SOOOOOOO GREAT!!!) and went back to the Grand'Place.

I wanted to buy a shirt from the festival but they had just closed it and I could just take a look at the sizes.

Camille (you're the best) bought one for me today but I'll tell about today later in that post.

While I was there I went back to the side of the stage where the roadies were loading the trucks.

They are sooooo nice!!

I was getting so melancholic seeing them removing the stuff.

Same trucks than we saw after War Child... :bigcry: and :) at the same time!

I repeat - it's all a blur as it was so fantastic, so this is how the conversation was more or less:

I talked to them and they said "Why don't you go to bed?" and I replied "It was so amazing, I can't go to sleep straight away after that day!"

Roadie: "So you're a big Coldplay fan?"

Me: "Of course!" :D

He then asked me where I'm from, he didn't know so I said "You've probably been to Strasbourg at the concert last September? It's close to there"

He said he was and I said I was too :lol:

He asked if I've been to other concerts before and when I said War Child he yelled to another Roadie "Hey, she's been at the War Child Gig!!"

So then there were two roadies talking to me haha!!

I got a guitar pick!!!

They said there were only 1000 made and they have about 200 of them left, so they would be special :)

Then we talked about Düsseldorf in August and Wembley - I mentioned the coldplaying meet-up :P

So now I have some roadies to look out for in Düsseldorf, see if they can remember the conversation then!

They can barely sleep this weekend... poor guys.

Wished them a nice trip and said we love them and appreciate their hard work to make it all happen.

Then I was strolling around the place, I texted Camille before and she said she left already so I didn't expect to meet the others!!

But I did!

We spent some time at the place and walked another round, this is me (the exhausted version) and Guillaume:

3684339257_b4a8578f4d_o.jpg

On the way back to my hotel / their bus to the camping area:

3685151016_881de5b37c_o.jpg

To cut a long story short I forgot my hay fever tablet and woke up at 7am, took a walk through town, had a coffee, went to an internet cafe and met Perrine at 11am we met the others who were still in town again.

Cha and Camille were already queuing again so we sat down with them.

Nothing compared to the day before: Only one queue instead of two, about 20-30 people at 1pm!!

AND:

I asked in about 5 shops I think if I can have a poster - finally this kebap place gave me one!!! :dance:

3684305055_67b7d13fca_o.jpg

The earrings are my lucky earrings since War Child, I'll wear them for every concert now :lol:

And the fan had such an important role yesterday that I thought it deserves to be in hte pic as well.

PS: That keyboard in the internet cafe made it impossible to type:

3685152658_2017ec50c5.jpg?v=0

Almost nothing at the usual place! Anybody seen such keyboards before??

Where you have to press shift to type a dot etc??

Perrine it was great finally meeting you and I'll be forever grateful that you took me with you to Arras. :hug: :kiss:

We'll talk later, love!!

And thanks to everybody as well of course, coldplaying members are the best and it wouldn't have been nearly close as amazing as it was without you...

I wouldn't have been there without the forum so a big thanks to Ian and Jen and every single member! Love you all :heart:

So far for my speech, I better stop before I start crying and exceed the letter limit :laugh3:

Now it's getting close to midnight and I have to make two presentations on Mon and Wed and I haven't checked the new posts yet :P

Oh my priorities aren't the best uni-wise but I'll have a look at what you did since Wednesday now...

The videos I promised will have to wait until tomorrow.

IT WAS A PERFECT DAY.

Awww Anna:nice: thanks so much for giving us so many details, I:heart:reviews like this, makes us all feel like we were there:dance:

and yeay for chatting up the roadies:thumbsup:

As I finished reading your part 4c, and I saw your

IT WAS A PERFECT DAY.

Strawberry Swing came on my playlist:dance::D

So glad coldpayers got to hang out together, FRONT ROW, and have such a great time!!! :nice:

Oh SueDeNimes!

Wonderful posts!

Thank you so much for posting so many wonderful pictures and the great review of your day!

I love living through other peoples experiences!

Looks like you had a BLAST!

Im so jealous!

: )

Did you pick up bunches and bunches of butterflies!?

PERRINE!!!! :dance:

Hope you're typing, woman :P

keyboard.jpg

:lol:

Shift was about the only thing that was at the right place... "Sad Key" made me :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: I didn't see that this morning!

I entered my passoword on Twitter two times wrong until I realised that you have to press shift for numbers as well...

Did you pick up bunches and bunches of butterflies!?

Perrine did and gave me some tonight when we said goodbye :hug:

(Or rather "probably see you soon" ;))

Thanks for the nice words, ladies, I owe you all big time - typing up the few memories I have is the least thing I could do, blame the sunburn on my head!

I forgot after taking the shower tonight and went over it with my hairbrush... OUCH!

That line in Yellow was slightly wrong yesterday, it should have been

"For you I sweat myself dry"

^^ Oh.. i loved your review Anna (right?)!

Thanks for sharing it with us! :nice:

Was Jonny all sweaty when you touched him? :drunk:

and did you lick your hand after you touched him?

Not that I've done that or anything :whistle:

:laugh3:

Spoiler

and did you lick your hand after you touched him? Spoiler

T.M.I.:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

That line in Yellow was slightly wrong yesterday, it should have been

"For you I sweat myself dry"

:lol:

and did you lick your hand after you touched him?

Both of them were very sweaty!

No comment to the rest! :laugh3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJE0_URkXDE]YouTube - Coldplay - Main Square Festival - Remix interlude[/ame]